• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowai

So is Vanquish good then? I got it free on PS+ i'm sure but never played it.

tumblr_ll574lUyjD1qaa163o1_500.gif

I have asked this before, and never really got an answer. Now that we have early whispers of a Kinect - less version coming later down the line. I have a question about Kinect for launch.

Are there any Kinect games ready for launch? Games that really show off the technology? PS4 doesn't have any camera games, but they have the demo that shows off what the camera can do. But there arent really games to make me want a PS4 camera.

Are there any games that are full on, motion Kinect games at launch? I know there are Kinect features built into the OS and for TV, but I dont see any games right now, and that is troubling. I cannot really understand why Microsoft would force Kinect in the box, you know they have been planning this, but not have a killer app/game for it ready at launch. It really confuses me and I think it would be a bit easier to swallow knowing I was being force fed Kinect, if I knew there was some cool game to toy around with it. Kinectimals 2 or something would have been great IMO. A fun family game that kids would want to play.

I have asked this before, and never really got an answer. Now that we have early whispers of a Kinect - less version coming later down the line. I have a question about Kinect for launch.

Are there any Kinect games ready for launch? Games that really show off the technology? PS4 doesn't have any camera games, but they have the demo that shows off what the camera can do. But there arent really games to make me want a PS4 camera.

Are there any games that are full on, motion Kinect games at launch? I know there are Kinect features built into the OS and for TV, but I dont see any games right now, and that is troubling. I cannot really understand why Microsoft would force Kinect in the box, you know they have been planning this, but not have a killer app/game for it ready at launch. It really confuses me and I think it would be a bit easier to swallow knowing I was being force fed Kinect, if I knew there was some cool game to toy around with it. Kinectimals 2 or something would have been great IMO. A fun family game that kids would want to play.

I think the Zumba Fitness game is the only "full Kinect" launch game, since Kinect Sports Rivals was delayed. Everything else is OS/TV/Kinect+Controller.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So is Vanquish good then? I got it free on PS+ i'm sure but never played it.

It's pretty good. I don't think it's the be-all and end-all shooter in terms of mechanics, but they're fun enough. Game looks great in motion. Environments can be a little bland, but there are a couple of neat locations and some great fights here and there.

Be sure to look up a few of the tricks that the game doesn't tell you about.

Prologue

3 months away from launch and I can't even answer that. Either I haven't looked hard enough or MS hasn't been saying much. I would think there would be 2-3 full Kinect games available at launch but that doesn't seem to be the case.

shuraiya

Kinect games do appear to be lacking at launch, which makes the device seem superfluous. It's also possible that the Kinect games simply haven't been revealed presently. That Ubisoft brawler doesn't have a release date yet, so it could be a launch title.

Korigama

Vanquish 2 makes sense...
Not if accounting for the detail about being made with Japan in mind, rather than North America or Europe (the original was already a Japanese game geared more toward Western tastes). Though it wasn't a particularly big seller, it didn't exactly light the charts on fire in Japan either.

BadWolf

3 months away from launch and I can't even answer that. Either I haven't looked hard enough or MS hasn't been saying much. I would think there would be 2-3 full Kinect games available at launch but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I think MS may have been scared shitless after the first reveal and tried their best to appeal to the core at E3. You don't appeal to the core by showing Kinect games.

Think they will have some Kinect stuff ready for launch for sure, just haven't revealed them yet.

Not if accounting for the detail about being made with Japan in mind, rather than North America or Europe (the original was already a Japanese game geared more toward Western tastes). Though it wasn't a particularly big seller, it didn't exactly light the charts on fire in Japan either.

I figured they'd rework in for an exclusive Japanese audience and likely not have Mikami involved. The previous game not selling well in the US could be why it would be Japan only..as it would be easier to tailor the series exclusively to that market. Other than Vanquish PG doesn't have any other ips I can see people getting upset that it's exclusive to one platform. But who knows it could be an existing MS franchise.

The Flash

Banned

I think Project Spark is coming out at launch. I do know that it is F2P.

The Lamp

I like Bayonetta but in order to play it i have to buy a WiiU, and that's really the point now isn't it, giving you a reason to purchase the system. That's the thing about irrational hate for certain consoles, chances are they will have some games you really want to play.

I'll gladly buy a Wii U for all the other games I want to play on it and because I am personally convinced Nintendo isn't in the same league of evil as Microsoft, they're just outrageously stupid. And there are actually other games I want a Wii U for. I really don't want an Xbone, there's almost nothing on it that interests me. Meanwhile, for Wii U, I want Pikmin 3, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country.

My hate for Microsoft is far from irrational and I have written about it in detail on this forum before. Beyond them screwing me over and charging my credit card behind my back even after I asked to remove it from my account, I disagree with everything about their policies and practices (charging money for Live, getting rid of family packs, hiding free apps behind pay walls, charging $100 for a fucking wi-fi adapter, proprietizing their hard drives, STILL, to insane prices to make money, not usually giving a damn about indies or devs, like when they cockblocked Valve in being able to distribute their free DLC, and more) and that's before the Xbone madness of E3, which basically revealed that they really fucking suck in my opinion and have nothing to offer me. I don't want to buy any of their products as long as I possibly can. But if a Platinum Games game were on it, I might be forced to do so because my love for Platinum is at odds with my hate for Microsoft.

Prologue

I think MS may have been scared shitless after the first reveal and tried their best to appeal to the core at E3. You don't appeal to the core by showing Kinect games.

Think they will have some Kinect stuff ready for launch for sure, just haven't revealed them yet.

At the same time, you can't tell consumers that Kinect is included in the box and not show off some software. I was expecting some light at gamescom during a conference but that isn't going to happen. Unlike many people here, I'm open to Kinect and software that it provides. Sports-rivals had no business being delayed. They should have also had a follow up to dance central since it did so well in sales. One more popular title and they would have been fine on the Kinect front. For a company that is pushing so hard for a peripheral, they sure are coming up empty handed on the software front.

LowerLevel

Not sure when Fantasia is supposedly going to be released, but it looks Kinect 1/2 exclusive... well no mention of either Move nor PsEye on Disney's site I believe.

VanWinkle

Kinect games do appear to be lacking at launch, which makes the device seem superfluous. It's also possible that the Kinect games simply haven't been revealed presently. That Ubisoft brawler doesn't have a release date yet, so it could be a launch title.

It's actually beyond bizarre that there's no big Kinect OR Move launch game. I don't quite understand it.

Myshkin

The difference of course is top gear don't make the car, it's a big distinction, how would you feel if toyota told you the new yaris took off like a shuttle?

I think we put up with some things and not with others. Two commercials:

Case A. Small, but clear text at the bottom. "Vehicle is simulated. Vehicle cannot actually climb mountains like a goat."

Case B. Small, but blurry text at the bottom. "Professional driver used. Do not attempt to launch vehicle into space."

ArjanN

Binary Domain is also great but not exactly for the same reasons as Vanquish.

Bo is awesome. The whole point is that he starts out as an dumb dudebro. All the characters start out as stereotypes, but then become more likeable as the game goes on.

You take that back Bish.
BD spoilers
He died in my game. After that cutscene I cut the game off, deleted it, and never played it again. I don't want to play a game Big Bo dies.

He doesn't have to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom