• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comey agrees to testify in OPEN session before Senate intel committee

giga

DAOVPpRXsAIdVYa.jpg:large

RoKKeR

Not sure how to feel about this. Part of me wants him to go away, give everything he has to Mueller, and let her do his thing.

This is either going to be the linchpin of this whole debacle, or the most depressing moment of this scenario. I see no middle for this.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Expect shitbags on the right to talk about leaks and leakers, while the Dems get the juicy stuff. Possible beginning of the end type stuff here, folks.

Permanently A

Not sure how to feel about this. Part of me wants him to go away, give everything he has to Mueller, and let her do his thing.

Mueller and Comey are brothers in arms.

They serve one thing and one thing alone: Justice.

Yet even amid the stress of that time, Comey didn’t hesitate to force the issue of STELLAR WIND, standing up to the vice president. During one White House meeting, Comey said he couldn’t find a legal basis for the program.

“Others see it differently,” a scowling Cheney replied.

“The analysis is flawed—in fact, fatally flawed. No lawyer reading that could reasonably rely on it,” Comey said, his hand sweeping across the table dismissively.

Cheney’s counsel, the famously aggressive David Addington, standing in the back of the room, spoke up: “Well, I’m a lawyer,” he snapped, “and I did.”

Comey shot back, “No good lawyer.”

The room went silent.

Nafai1123

Banned
On one hand, I could see this interfering with the Mueller investigation.

On the other hand, I want as much damaging information public as possible.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is cancelled/postponed at the behest of Mueller if he feels it will cause harm to his investigation.

Can't wait to see the "did you try to find the leakers?" questions the republicans ask him, and his "I'm sorry I can't answer that" to all of the tough questions the Dems ask him.

I'm keeping my expectations low for this one.

louiedog

WTF, news media? How are people supposed to find gifs that adequately reflect their feelings when they aren't given enough time between stories?

dopplr

This is either going to add fuel to the fire, or give republicans a whole new set of talking points to dismiss this.

I can see why people here are excited - but I'd be very cautious as well.

Same. I don't want anything to give the impression that Trump is being gang-banged by a belligerent and politically motivated FBI.

When his time comes, I want his shame to be a universal truth.

slit

Wouldn't surprise me if this is cancelled/postponed at the behest of Mueller if he feels it will cause harm to his investigation.

I doubt it. This is who most people want to hear from. It'll look like Mueller is trying to hide something.

mjp2417

Banned

Comey didn't agree to this without Mueller agreeing to it

Top Bottom