• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 02/16/11. The Next Dimension; Big Bad Momma; Ice Cream and Chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenjaminBirdie said:
Uncanny X-Force is book of the week every time it comes out, but it's kind of not fair.

It's pretty but for some reason it's not appealing to me at all. I'll pick it up as a trade on your recommend.

tim1138

krypt0nian said:
I cannot believe how much I want this series. I'm not a big Venom fan at all, but something about this works for me.

I've always been a fan of Venom--I still have fond memories of the Lethal Protector mini series coming out when I was in either grade or middle school. I never really got into the other symbiote characters, but I always have a soft spot for Venom.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Uncanny X-Force is book of the week every time it comes out, but it's kind of not fair.

I bought the first issue and thought it was alright and then kind of forgot about the book. What issue is up to now? I'll hunt down back issues if it's really that good.

tim1138 said:
I bought the first issue and thought it was alright and then kind of forgot about the book. What issue is up to now? I'll hunt down back issues if it's really that good.

Be warned, there are people who don't think that Franken-Castle is the best Non-Moz superhero book of the past decade. This may be you. In which case, Uncanny X-Force's sheer perfection may not be the right fit.

tim1138

BenjaminBirdie said:

Be warned, there are people who don't think that Franken-Castle is the best Non-Moz superhero book of the past decade. This may be you. In which case, Uncanny X-Force's sheer perfection may not be the right fit.

I'll give it a shot, you and krypt0nian both seem to have similar tastes to myself and I trust your recommendations.
Now it has been forever since I read an X-book regularly--why does Archangel shift between human with bird wings Warren and blue skinned techno-organic Death Warren?

tim1138 said:
I'll give it a shot, you and krypt0nian both seem to have similar tastes to myself and I trust your recommendations.
Now it has been forever since I read an X-book regularly--why does Archangel shift between human with bird wings Warren and blue skinned techno-organic Death Warren?

No clue.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
two questions before I head to the shop.

Did anyone pick up that Venom Deadpool one shot and was it worth it?

Was the new Silver Surfer any good?

Slayven

tim1138 said:
Original he was hiding it from others, that and I think it makes him more bloodthirsty.

tim1138

Slayven said:
Original he was hiding it from others, that and I think it makes him more bloodthirsty.

He's always been able to do it? The last I saw of Archangel he was blue skinned techno-organic Death Warren, it's been that long since I've read X-Men comics.

Slayven

tim1138 said:
He's always been able to do it? The last I saw of Archangel he was blue skinned techno-organic Death Warren, it's been that long since I've read X-Men comics.
No, he is original wings grew back and shattered the TO wings. But there ware dormant TO cells in his body that came back during the last X-force run.

tim1138

Slayven said:
No, he is original wings grew back and shattered the TO wings. But there ware dormant TO cells in his body that came back during the last X-force run.

Huh, alright then.

besiktas1

Well I just read final crisis and can safely say I didn't have a clue on to what the hell went on lol.

Bullets back in time and other BS including Demi gods and that. Bear in mind these are the first comics I've read since I'm trying to properly get into reading comics again.

tim1138

besiktas1 said:
Well I just read final crisis and can safely say I didn't have a clue on to what the hell went on lol.

Bullets back in time and other BS including Demi gods and that. Bear in mind these are the first comics I've read since I'm trying to properly get into reading comics again.

Final Crisis may not have been the best jumping in point if you're not familiar with the characters. Remember wikipedia and dc.wikia.com are your friend.

Foob

BenjaminBirdie said:

i thought i made sure all those people were out of the picture...

Slayven said:
No Kent Shakespeare no sale.

They are doing the iconic versions (pre-Crisis). There would be zero chance of KS, no matter how cool he was. Maybe if these sell, we'll get more series.

wenis said:
Was the new Silver Surfer any good?

Yeah, if you're a fan of the character it's worth checking out. The art kicked ass. I would have preferred more cosmic stuff than Earthbound, but I'll be back next issue.

krypt0nian said:
More importantly Alpha Motherfucking Flight is back, bitches!!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/fear-itself-tie-in-110215.html

8 issues +++

Alpha-Flight-FI-Cover.jpg

Where the f*ck is Puck?! >:O

Loki #3 was such a beautifully written and drawn book. I love it when they really nail the mythological feel.

Thunderbolts was disposable punchy fun, with Juggernaut vs. Hyperion.

Daredevil Reborn was a good read, but very much felt like the middle of a story.

Foob said:
if only the rest of alpha flight would join him...

You don't like Alpha Flight?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i read both thunderbolts and avengers academy, and while i love thunderbolts, avengers academy is my favorite book of the week so far. that exchange between tasky and finesse was awfully touching in the end.

Parallax said:
i read both thunderbolts and avengers academy, and while i love thunderbolts, avengers academy is my favorite book of the week so far. that exchange between tasky and finesse was awfully touching in the end.

Yup, that's the scene I was referring to as well. *sniff*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom