• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic-Con 2017 |OT| Now remaining in San Diego until 2021! (July 19-23)

Spoit

So was it just me, or were the offsites like really....boring this year? Especially the gaming ones. Sure there were the usual mainstays like the nintendo lounge and block long line for the GoT experience, but other than that, it felt like the other stuff was a lot tamer, a lot of things where it was basically just a photo op. Nothing like the assassin's creeds ninja warrior spectacles or anything like that.

BBboy20

So was it just me, or were the offsites like really....boring this year? Especially the gaming ones. Sure there were the usual mainstays like the nintendo lounge and block long line for the GoT experience, but other than that, it felt like the other stuff was a lot tamer, a lot of things where it was basically just a photo op. Nothing like the assassin's creeds ninja warrior spectacles or anything like that.
For the first time ever going to San Diego, I didn't go to the Nintendo Lounge.

Nintendo and the city needs to figure the fuck out how to not use such a line system ever again.

And my Saturday somewhat sucked because the lines to these off sites were that overwhelming.

And what happened to the Nerdist? Conival used to be a mini Comic Con but all it had was just laser tag.

Bii

For the first time ever going to San Diego, I didn't go to the Nintendo Lounge.

Nintendo and the city needs to figure the fuck out how to not use such a line system ever again.

And my Saturday somewhat sucked because the lines to these off sites were that overwhelming.

And what happened to the Nerdist? Conival used to be a mini Comic Con but all it had was just laser tag.

No one was playing laser tag. haha
I saw a few groups playing board games though.

The Nintendo Lounge being line capped was strange. In years before, it didn't get OVERLY crowded but I guess once you get in, it's nice to have some space in there.

SpecX

First time going this year and really enjoyed it. Spent way more money than planned, but it was great going 3 out of the 4 days I had a pass for. Definitely going to try and get in again next year and never really experienced Downtown SD like I did this weekend. I could actually see myself living there if it wasn't so expensive and if I didn't have kids.

The_Kid

Probably the best con yet for me. I actually got a close hotel this year haha.

No one was playing laser tag. haha
I saw a few groups playing board games though.

The Nintendo Lounge being line capped was strange. In years before, it didn't get OVERLY crowded but I guess once you get in, it's nice to have some space in there.

Yeah that was fucking weird! Both the Nintendo stuff inside the con and outside was twice as busy as last year. Maybe it was all the new stuff? Either way I got to try Mario Odyssey after an hour wait.

If you don't have a hotel in the gaslamp district x the 3 right next to the convention center it sucks so much
The dream is the Hilton bayfront 😍
I had a fun time, shame that there was no conan funko raffle at the hotel this year, the Pepsi tweet thing was ok
Lol people are savages for funkos, yeesh

Cya next year San Diego

Mario Odyssey is going to cause chaos for switch this holiday season, it's Mario 64 😎

Top Bottom