• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

VanWinkle

People are complaining about that Doomsday Clock Watchmen cover acting like this doesn't exist.

51PASvqwx-L.jpg

Which cover are you referring to?

VanWinkle

It's the same controversy that always surrounds DC and Watchmen.

Yeah. I guess this one just seems the most...overt shoehorn connection of Watchmen to the DCU, though.

But the from the tweet I would imagine Gibbons at least gave his blessing to it. And obviously Moore hates anything Watchmen related that's not from him, so I'm not even considering that.

This cover is incredible, though.
wqbHTxW.jpg

MartyStu

Red Hood and the Outlaws #13

Almost certainly the best thing Lobdell has committed to paper.

Also, is Soy on any other books? He is fantastic.

VanWinkle

Red Hood and the Outlaws #13

Almost certainly the best thing Lobdell has committed to paper.

Also, is Soy on any other books? He is fantastic.

Dude it's insane how good Red Hood and the Outlaws is during Rebirth. I don't understand it.

And yeah, Soy's artwork is INCREDIBLE.

BPRD was great all around. Allie is definitely the best replacement for Arcudi that Mignola could've gotten. Loved the ending too
Abe and Liz together again!
I'm so happy we get this book every month again. Lots of different threads going on and I'm really excited to see where they end up going. Now I get to read more of Abe's solo while I wait for the next one.

Lady Killer 2 also had a nice final issue. I really can't praise Joelle Jones's art enough. This issue was gorgeous despite the rather violent content.
Although, calling it the final issue is kind of a stretch with that ending lol. Bring on Lady Killer 3.
Really enjoyed this overall, and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first arc.

And finally, I read through all of Scott Pilgrim the last few days. This was actually one of those series I've somehow never read before, shockingly (seriously, how did I never read this). In not-so shocking news, I loved it. It was a real treat to see O'Malley's art get progressively better as the series goes on. It gets more and more refined with each volume and it's a real visual treat with Fairbairn's coloring for the new editions. I liked the writing and characters a lot too, which I was expecting considering how much I enjoyed Seconds and my love of Snotgirl. Scott's cast of characters are all instantly lovable and a ton of fun to follow. I can see the humor not really being for some people, but it was just what I needed in my life right now. The overall themes of relationships made for a really addicting read. I can't tell you the last time I sat down and read three straight books, but Scott Pilgrim was definitely the most recent time. Great read and already something I'd want to revisit months from now.

Wanderer5

Gotta make more for the Watchman IP, so might as well thrown stuff in the DC universe for more stories. Doomsday Clock is probably going to be quite interesting, but don't think I will follow it issue by issue like Metal.

Yeah. I guess this one just seems the most...overt shoehorn connection of Watchmen to the DCU, though.

But the from the tweet I would imagine Gibbons at least gave his blessing to it. And obviously Moore hates anything Watchmen related that's not from him, so I'm not even considering that.

wqbHTxW.jpg
I know you're a Gary Frank fan but you have to admit that cover is actual pretty awful and not incredible in any way

wqbHTxW.jpg

Since I started reading comics I know that panels and covers people be posting most of the time don't look nearly as good in person. Even with the quality lost I can tell this shit is badass. I wish I could make something like this, but my artistic endeavors are limited in reference drawing and portraits.

and Cap will get the rehabilitation Cyclops should have had to boot
Cyclops had such a good arc where he was at that could go to all sorts of places. Then Hickman killed him and Marvel editorial ran with it.
CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT.
Damn right
Can you believe it was almost written by Matt Fraction before Marvel drove him out. Ffs.

What's weird is that he's credited on the first trade, but not for the OHC.

BPRD was great all around. Allie is definitely the best replacement for Arcudi that Mignola could've gotten. Loved the ending too
Abe and Liz together again!
I'm so happy we get this book every month again. Lots of different threads going on and I'm really excited to see where they end up going. Now I get to read more of Abe's solo while I wait for the next one.

It's kind of nuts when you sit back and think about it:
They haven't appeared together on panel in the present since Guy Davis was pencilling the book, right? That's nuts haha
. They've did a great job giving moments like that power.

Aizo

Banned
Just read Grant Morrison's Klaus. It's about Santa. It didn't feel like a Morrison work at all too me. There... wasnt very much special about it. I probably should've read it around Christmas, so at least it'd feel nice for getting in the mood for the season. Not bad, but not great. Just kinda exists.
Dude it's insane how good Red Hood and the Outlaws is during Rebirth. I don't understand it.

And yeah, Soy's artwork is INCREDIBLE.
The whole series has been good?

Aizo

Banned
Just read Joyride vol. 1 and 2. Only four issues left? Seems like a series that could be much longer, so that's a bit disappointing. I love the pencils and colors. It's just a fun, pretty book.

Top Bottom