• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Stalk

What do people use for comic news / upcoming release info? I tended to use CBR in the past but they're uhhh... well I can you give you my top five reasons why.

I also used bleedingcool

Sandfox

What do people use for comic news / upcoming release info? I tended to use CBR in the past but they're uhhh... well I can you give you my top five reasons why.

I also used bleedingcool

I just use Newsarama and follow certain creators on twitter. Every comic site is trash now though.

Stalk

I just use Newsarama and follow certain creators on twitter. Every comic site is trash now though.

That tends to be a running theme for me. I'm trying to find stuff that isn't just Marvel/DC and I tend not to hear about most books until like... 10 issues in I feel hah.

Bought the second half of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run since it was 16 bucks. Now waiting for the first half to get a discount lmao.

Yes I'm a cheap bitch sue me.

Hm. Batmang: The Master Race isn't the wild grease fire that i thought it'd be (up to ish 3, anyway). Plot so far isn't anything new, true, and every once in a while you see some grotesque page like Miller's Wonder Woman, but it's been pretty...ok.

Heck, even the tie-ins have been worth the eyeball time at this point.

Aizo

Banned
This might be a sin, but I've never read Batman Eternal. When does it take place? The people who worked on it make me assume it's quite good. Yes?

This might be a sin, but I've never read Batman Eternal. When does it take place? The people who worked on it make me assume it's quite good. Yes?

Definitely not a sin. It's an okay book, but very, VERY twist-happy. It does reintroduce Spoiler, so it's got that going for it.

Hm. Batmang: The Master Race isn't the wild grease fire that i thought it'd be (up to ish 3, anyway). Plot so far isn't anything new, true, and every once in a while you see some grotesque page like Miller's Wonder Woman, but it's been pretty...ok.

Heck, even the tie-ins have been worth the eyeball time at this point.

I like it over all. I do think the release schedule killed a lot of the momentum it had.

Me neither. It never felt essential to me.

I like it over all. I do think the release schedule killed a lot of the momentum it had.

Just finished and yeah, i'm glad it is something that exists. Some very nice emotional notes to it. Certainly a more enjoyable read than TDKSA. Also a very welcome surprise, given how Holy Terror went.

Do wish that they'd kept miller completely away from all art duties tho.

Just finished and yeah, i'm glad it is something that exists. Some very nice emotional notes to it. Certainly a more enjoyable read than TDKSA. Also a very welcome surprise, given how Holy Terror went.

Do wish that they'd kept miller completely away from all art duties tho.

Well Adam Kubert and Klaus Janson did the art for the main story and the side ones were Miller. I don't know how that's formatted in the collected version though.

Yeah I'll add my name to the list of people that wasn't greatly impressed by Batman eternal, its switches between different characters stories from issue to issue and some are a lot more interesting than others. I have heard the sequel series Batman and Robin eternal was better but haven't read it.

Messi

Yeah I'll add my name to the list of people that wasn't greatly impressed by Batman eternal, its switches between different characters stories from issue to issue and some are a lot more interesting than others. I have heard the sequel series Batman and Robin eternal was better but haven't read it.

It is much better and is currently being used in Detective Comics. Lots of cool callbacks.

Stop making so many cool omnibuses DC!
DIj0EC1XkAUWVEa.jpg:large

Brace yourselves (
anyone still collecting physical comics i.e.
) for next Tuesday.

Criminal OHC v1
Criminal OHC v2
Incognito OHC
Harley Quinn Omnibus (Connor/Palmiotti)
Planet Hulk Omnibus
Punisher Back to the War Omnibus
Punisher (Ennis) Omnibus
Darth Vader Omnibus (Gillen/Larroca)

Mindwipe

I also used bleedingcool

I do use BC but I don't blame anyone for not doing so, especially since the actual website is atrociously designed and the thing often manages to bring down Chrome entirely. It's nearly XDA developers level.

Honestly I generally find anything that interesting will make it's way here or to the comicbooks subreddit.

Mindwipe

and Cap will get the rehabilitation Cyclops should have had to boot

Cyclops doesn't need rehabilitating tbh.

I forget, did they ever, ever mention the hypocrisy in
Hank murdering a very significant part of the population of Hala but it's fine because he's... err... affected by a cosmic entity
during Black Vortex?

VanWinkle

I've been anxiously waiting for that JLI Omnibus since it was announced. So hyped. That cover is amazing.

I'm mad that I didn't think to add it to the September featured collected editions. I guess since it was on Amazon for October 17th, I thought it couldn't possibly be coming out in September for direct market, but I guess it's September 27th.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I had no idea they made an Omnibus of this. I need this dumb shit in my life.

61K3AMHZj1L._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I think that was a pretty odd choice for an Omnibus. Almost all of it was already collected in one or another Collection, just 5-10 issues who werent collected yet. Not making much sense IMO, but not everyone buys everything like I do.

Top Bottom