• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

mreddie

CBR compares Unstoppable Wasp to Barney...okay.

Hawkeye continues to be good but Arrow runs at 120 MPH

Avengers is just Kang but delivers a great speech about him being the shit
to shitting himself when he sees 3 Avenger groups.

Messi,
our baby is back!

VIkm1FI.gif

lol don't remember most of that. Best action panels have been the hillbilly battle, the finals, 25-26

No he's right, the bike chase is a masterpiece. There's a panel where Marcus is in mid-air, thinking he can land this insane jump and then the next panel is him beefing it HARD next panel.

Also, Maria fighting on the Golden Gate my GOD.

I think Finals was great if a little chaotic. Pre-Finals with Marcus vs. Dimitri, that was some good shit.

(Very old Deadly Class spoilers)

I think my choices would also be the motorcycle chase and the Maria bridge fight. Maria was the best in action, her fans were so fucking badass. Her dust moves 0_0

TheFlow

Banned
No he's right, the bike chase is a masterpiece. There's a panel where Marcus is in mid-air, thinking he can land this insane jump and then the next panel is him beefing it HARD next panel.

Also, Maria fighting on the Golden Gate my GOD.

I think Finals was great if a little chaotic. Pre-Finals with Marcus vs. Dimitri, that was some good shit.
Ah now I remember. That was so long ago and spoilers mane.

Edit: Lashley literally just said he bout the first 4 volumes. Plus there is another member who just started pulling deadly class. Within the first two pages mane.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All caught up on Invincible. That last issue had me legit shook

Shame about the cop out with the OP powerset

TheFlow

Banned
Nah the best action panel is the
viking taking on the ninjas leading right into the African queen going ham on the oni brothers

hands down the greatest

Opening action scene in Deadly Class #1 is what sold me on the book. Craig's stylish action scenes with the angled panels and that coloring was just next level. It's really impressive when you compare it to Craig's work in Guardians of the Galaxy too.

Fucking Breitbart wrote about the Snagglepuss comic and the comments:
And I'm glad to no longer follow Western cartoons anymore, knowing the source work will be subject to endless SJW bastardization. My childhood weeps for you, Snagglepuss.
I grew up enjoying Snagglepuss and do not appreciate that this character is going to be turned into a political statement for any reason. I can assure you that when I watched a Snagglepuss cartoon, I was not the least bit concerned about his sexuality. Good lord.
You got the last line wrong, they want it to be: Exit, stage liberal left.
This ones my favorite:
Who next? Bi Curious George? For our Canadian viewers Mr Cross Dressup?

Malyse

This week's All-New X-Men shows that Marvel continues to not understand Cyclops or the X-Men.
I feel like my idea was under appreciated.

-----

Man, I really like today's Harley Quinn. Joker is an amazing villain for her.

Allow me to revise this: this was a great issue of HQ.

This week's All-New X-Men shows that Marvel continues to not understand Cyclops or the X-Men.

Honestly, I just need to stop reading any X-Men titles until this Shit-fest called "Inhumans vs X-Men" is over. This garbage is jut rage inducing.

How is it even debatable who's in the wrong here? The Inhumans are fighting for a Cloud and the X-Men are fighting for the right to live on planet earth!!! !

What the fuck Marvel?

IrishNinja

so that David Mack ACLU print sold me, what are Kamala's best arcs, where to start? I read a few post ANAD issues but the ball was clearly rolling before that

so that David Mack ACLU print sold me, what are Kamala's best arcs, where to start? I read a few post ANAD issues but the ball was clearly rolling before that

Start with this

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/MS-MARVEL-HC-VOL-01/MAR150785

or this if you prefer omnibuses

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/MS-MARVEL-OMNIBUS-HC-VOL-01/MAY160914

or this if you prefer paperbacks.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/MS-MARVEL-TP-VOL-01-NO-NORMAL/JUN140725

Nice to see you Tragic

Still reading Batman?

Hey there!

I haven't kept up with anything this past month. I started reading through my book backlog and didn't read any comics. A lot to catch up on, but the motivation isn't there right now.

I'm deep in the Witcher 3 rabbit hole and not ready to come up for air. Even debating a Switch, but I'll likely wait for a price drop.

Trump is still trash.

Malyse

I think if Gwenpool ever does a major crossover tour arc/gets a graphic novel, it should be called Gwenpool Ruins Everything.

Why is Josie and the Pussycats so good?

Shade was excellent as always today as well. Ending makes me think we'll get some dynamics similar to Milligan's run soon which is pretty exciting.

Also it is the year 2017 and all of Shade, the Changing Man has not been collected via trade yet.

TheFlow

Banned
Shade was excellent as always today as well. Ending makes me think we'll get some dynamics similar to Milligan's run soon which is pretty exciting.

Also it is the year 2017 and all of Shade, the Changing Man has not been collected via trade yet.
Didn't it just get a cmx sale? Or you mean physical?

Didn't it just get a cmx sale? Or you mean physical?
Yeah physical. I have it all on Comixology as it's the only way to buy the series outside of a few trades or tracking down floppies. It could be collected into some big TPBs like Doom Patrol was. The existing trades stop on like issue #17 and the series goes up to #70.

frye

you ever finish Milligan's run btw?

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah physical. I have it all on Comixology as it's the only way to buy the series outside of a few trades or tracking down floppies. It could be collected into some big TPBs like Doom Patrol was. The existing trades stop on like issue #17 and the series goes up to #70.
Well damn that sucks

PsychBat!

Banned
Read the second issue of Unstoppable Wasp

One part made me laugh out loud but I decided this book isn't for me

The dialogue sometimes is very cringey (even if this book is really aimed at kids)

More power to people enjoying this though, because the art is very nice.

Holy crap, Spectacular Spider-Man (the cartoon) is so good. Homecoming better blow my socks off to make it worth losing this show.

Also read a majority of Milligan's X-Force/X-Static with about 7~ issues less. I feel like it loses some steam when Mister Sensitive becomes less of a main character tbh. Though everything before that is amazing. The "dead pop star" arc was only OKAY. Also can we all agree that this has the best version of Professor X? We will never again get a Xavier that's willing to build a costume so an energy being can get laid.

Top Bottom