• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Hmm I'm kind of torn, I'm pretty sad that the infinity war trailer hasn't leaked anywhere I can see yet, but at the same time those people who made it through q hell to get into the hall probably deserve a few more weeks bragging to there friends

Owzers

Got s7e1 was good but I'm never satisfied from single episodes.

Cap Trump #1 on MU: not a fan of the art, seems like a mediocre book with a sledgehammer premise.

Penguin

Boom is doing a Rugrats comic

http://comicbook.com/comics/2017/07/10/boom-studios-rugrats-comics/

Writer Box Brown and artist Lisa Dubois are bringing Tommy, Chucky, Phill, and Lil along on a new adventure, and of course, Angelica and Susie will be making appearances as well. Their first adventure kicks off with the kids attempting to figure out how their parents know their every move. Once they discover why it will be about teamwork to figure out a way around it.

rugrats-001-a-maincover-dressed-1010325.jpg

So, I'm watching Thor: The Dark World for the first time since I saw it for the first time. I'm hoping it's not going to be as terrible as I thought it was the first time I saw it.

Malyse

Trailers don't leak from D23.
YUP!
There's still a Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer that has never been seen save from the people at D23.

-----

Just read the 2004 Jubilee mini series. Holy shit that was completely insane and that ending... I don't know what I was expecting, but that was certainly not it.
But I guess I should expect that from Robert Kirkman.

Where have you made it up to now?

About 50 issues into Hell on Earth. I'd read Plague of Frogs a while back and needed a break after plowing through all that. Now I'm bingeing HoE hoping to finish by the time the new issue comes out next week. I haven't read any of the minis or anything, that'll be for another time.

So, I'm watching Thor: The Dark World for the first time since I saw it for the first time. I'm hoping it's not going to be as terrible as I thought it was the first time I saw it.

Nope I've actually found I've liked it less each time I've watched it. Theres some okay action/comedy moments but the story is complete tosh that falls apart the more you think about it.

Though I've actually found the more I've watched Iron man 3 around that time the more I think thats tosh as well. Ben Kingsley was great but the rest is really bad. At least Iron man 2 had some comedy/daft humour.

It really was a lull before Winter soldier kickedd phase 2 back into gear again.

mreddie

giphy.gif

142 Luke Cage 2 17,277
143 Royals 4 17,007
146 Superwoman 11 16,137
150 U.S. Avengers 7 15,664
168 New Super Man 12 13,610
170 Injustice 2 4 13,342
178 Blue Beetle 10 12,399
183 Cyborg 13 12,076
184 Monsters Unleashed 3 12,033

Penguin

New DC digital-first series

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/17/sdcc-gotham-city-garage-gives-the-dcu-a-mad-max-makeover

$

The series will unfold in an alternate DC Universe where much of the world has fallen to chaos and Lex Luthor has converted Gotham City into an idyllic paradise called "The Garden." The cost of that paradise is that Gotham's citizens live under an oppressive totalitarian regime enforced by "The Bat" and his minions. The series will center around the story of Kara Gordon, the first Kryptonian to arrive on Earth and a newcomer to the harsh, brutal world outside Gotham's walls.

Then we would have bigger things to worry about instead of a cyborg leaking a trailer.

Not necessarily. What if time travelers exist for the sole reason of traveling back in time and leaking things. Maybe when games and movies leak online, it's actually the work of nefarious time travelers?

Not necessarily. What if time travelers exist for the sole reason of traveling back in time and leaking things. Maybe when games and movies leak online, it's actually the work of nefarious time travelers?

They stole that time travel tech from some company cuz no self-respecting person would use that tech to leak trailers.

Everything I know about Japan I learned from Tokyo Ghost. #iconic

Y'all need to stop. lol

Glad she is back and that we have details for the books.

Also, this looks super interesting.

That may be, but some of the projects are undeniably odd. Even deliciously so, as is the case with Hungry Ghosts. It’s a four-issue series in anthology format: Each issue will contain multiple isolated stories. The series will be a riff on the Japanese Edo-period game 100 Candles, in which samurai would try to one-up each other with stories to freak each other out. Here, the tellers won’t be samurai; they’ll be chefs from around the world, and their stories will be united by their focus on food. Bourdain and Rose previously worked together on the Vertigo series Get Jiro! and here, their writing will be accompanied by art from creators such as Vanesa Del Rey, Leo Manco, Alberto Ponticelli, Paul Pope, and Mateus Santolouco. It’s out on January 31, 2018.

Sidenote, it's kind of curious that so many of DC's digital-first initiatives are female-focused. Bombshells (yes I know that the concept started as a pinup line but the book's written by Bennett for crying out loud), Legend of Wonder Woman, WW '76, now this. I'd put money on it being that they've got data that female readers are reluctant to engage with comic shops. Can't say I blame 'em.

Sidenote, it's kind of curious that so many of DC's digital-first initiatives are female-focused. Bombshells (yes I know that the concept started as a pinup line but the book's written by Bennett for crying out loud), Legend of Wonder Woman, WW '76, now this. I'd put money on it being that they've got data that female readers are reluctant to engage with comic shops. Can't blame say I blame 'em.

They also had the ame comi girls or what that weird manga thing DC did during the New 52.

giphy.gif

142 Luke Cage 2 17,277
143 Royals 4 17,007
146 Superwoman 11 16,137
150 U.S. Avengers 7 15,664
168 New Super Man 12 13,610
170 Injustice 2 4 13,342
178 Blue Beetle 10 12,399
183 Cyborg 13 12,076
184 Monsters Unleashed 3 12,033

Cyborg deserves those sales because it is straight up garbation. But damn I didn't expect Luke Cage to drop so quickly and when you put that it's just the second issue into perspective it is selling far worse than everything else in that list. The TV show was super popular so wtf happened?

People please buy New Super-Man :(

Top Bottom