• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

I'm trying to read through the Mu reading order like that one guy here. I got to Daredevil #1 and noticed he has a yellow suit.

Is it ever explained why his suit that color?

Also Professor x is a dick.

I think I know that on guy!

I can't remember if it was ever really commented on why Daredevil changed his outfit around, but then there were a lot of outfit changes throughout the 60s. I do agree that Professor X was a bit of a dick, so much so that I started to actually like Cyclops!

shingi70

Banned
That's a good thing, the honest downfall of Runaways was making it a ongoing without a real plan outside of the original run.

Sure. It's a manga series about a superhero high school. So it's something of a microcosm of actual high school.
I'm pretty interested in reading the Japanese version of the X-Men Academy. Not sure if I'm ready to dive in another long running manga again. I posted in the Manga OT that I'm going to use that Comixology sale to read One Piece.

What's the general opinion on this, is it good? Worth buying the volumes right now?

shingi70

Banned
I'm pretty interested in reading the Japanese version of the X-Men Academy. Not sure if I'm ready to dive in another long running manga again. I posted in the Manga OT that I'm going to use that Comixology sale to read One Piece.

What's the general opinion on this, is it good? Worth buying the volumes right now?

It's the best shonen manga out right now.

I think I know that on guy!

I can't remember if it was ever really commented on why Daredevil changed his outfit around, but then there were a lot of outfit changes throughout the 60s. I do agree that Professor X was a bit of a dick, so much so that I started to actually like Cyclops!

Prof X talking about he faked his powers being gone was such bull shit.

But poorer quality

I feel like this is overstated in 2017. This is a screen capture off my iPad Air 2. Looks fantastic on screen and pops. Imgur doesn't do it any favors, but the app is fine.

Oa4c14s.jpg

THE WILD STORM #6, out July 17. Last one with a Jim Lee variant cover. The next six variants will be done by my old mate Bryan Hitch, which delights me no end.

(The secondary variants on the first six issues were all by my friends, which was incredibly kind of them: Afua Richardson, Jason Howard, Jason Masters, Declan Shalvey & Jordie Bellaire, Jamie McKelvie, and Tula Lotay, who, as you read this, should have just become a mother!)

And we just locked the creative team on the second Wild Storm book, MICHAEL CRAY. You may remember that the plan from the start was for four titles. I am particularly proud of the team we (myself and Marie Javins) have put together for this book, and look forward to the announcement in a month or two.
From Ellis.

VS a regular paid for issue

Having trouble seeing the difference on my iPad comparing my original post and yours. Blurrier text maybe? I'm sure it's more apparent on a PC or a larger pro.

Either way, not worth spending orders of magnitude more annually on Marvel for me.

Yeah but I like owning things that I use, which is why I buy individual issues on Comixology. :)

Do you really "own" anything digital? What happens if Amazon shuts down their servers?

List
Batman #26
Deathstroke #21
Green Arrow #26
Nightwing #24
Snotgirl #6
Superman #26

I didn't like the first book on this new Deathstroke arc, and hope this Team Deathstroke angle dies off soon or is a feint.

Having trouble seeing the difference on my iPad comparing my original post and yours. Blurrier text maybe? I'm sure it's more apparent on a PC or a larger pro.

Either way, not worth spending orders of magnitude more annually on Marvel for me.

There's some compression artifacts in the coloring mainly. It's mostly obvious in the reds of the text boxes.

But, I agree, it's not that big of a deal. It's perfectly fine for the service.

Someone just tried to get into my humble account, digital will betray me.

Sorry to hear that. I almost successfully phished a user named "Sillymonkey" on there.

There's some compression artifacts in the coloring mainly. It's mostly obvious in the reds of the text boxes.

But, I agree, it's not that big of a deal. It's perfectly fine for the service.

I believe you. I have 20/20 vision but have never been sensitive about stuff like that. 720p broadcast television looks great to me.

I think I'm one of those weird "art style" guys. I finished Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap on my Switch l last night and thought it was the best looking game I've played all year.

More power to you then. I wish I had that kind of money to drop on such a long running series

/dontbelievehislies.jpeg

Messi drops more cash on monthlies than the rest of us combined. Big baller status.

What are you early thoughts on the reading order, Shin?

---

I can only imagine at this point that Messi is a real life super criminal to afford all these monthlies.

Messi

Sent in the USA motherload order today:

Batwoman By Rucka and Williams TP
Birthright Vol 4
Black Science Premier HC DCBS EX (binding fixed brehs)
Blood Stain Vol 2
Cave Carson has a cybernetic eye Vol 1
DC Bomshells Vol 3
DC Bombshells Vol 4
Doom Patrol Vol 1
East of West Year 2 HC
Green Lanterns Vol 1
Green Lanterns Vol 2
Harley Quinn and her gang of harleys TP
Harley Quinn Vol 5 HC
Harley Quinn Vol 6 HC
Hawkeye Vol 1 TP
Jessica Jones Vol 1
Josie and the pussycats vol 1
Jughead Vol 2
Justice League vs Suicide Squad HC
Mother Panic Vol 1
Ms Marvel OHC Vol 3
Star Wars Darth Vader OHC Vol 2
Starfire Vol 2
Saga Deluxe vol 2
Action Comics Deluxe Vol 1
Trinity Vol 1 HC
Velvet Deluxe HC

Next week
Wonder Woman by Rucka Vol 2
Tokyo Ghost Deluxe
Wayward Deluxe vol 2
Loose Ends TP
Giant Days HC Vol 1

BOOKS!

giphy.gif

To the IST worker and Mailman who has to deal with this shit

tenor.gif

Owzers

Do they even have a box large enough to fit that order? Do they just use a refrigerator box they find in the recycling?

Pachimari

Okay, I've just chosen a 1-month membership to Marvel Unlimited and used their Home-promotion code to get the month for free. I guess I'll give it a try. Does the Marvel Unlimited app have a feature that zooms in on a panel and lets me read one picture at a time opposed to one full page at a time? I love that about Comixology.

Okay, I've just chosen a 1-month membership to Marvel Unlimited and used their Home-promotion code to get the month for free. I guess I'll give it a try. Does the Marvel Unlimited app have a feature that zooms in on a panel and lets me read one picture at a time opposed to one full page at a time? I love that about Comixology.

Yeah, double tap in the middle and it'll do it 'frame by frame'.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

They have that feature but it's pretty shitty compared to the one on CMX.

Phamit

Yes, I don't like that, so I can't compare if it's as good as on comixology

Pachimari

Yeah, double tap in the middle and it'll do it 'frame by frame'.

They have that feature but it's pretty shitty compared to the one on CMX.

Yes, I don't like that, so I can't compare if it's as good as on comixology

Hmm, not sounding promising. I'll try it out. Also, it has taken forever to load just one page of Ultimate Spider-Man #8 in the Marvel Unlimited app. I guess I will have to download each issue for offline reading for it to not be this slow? And I am on a very fast WiFi connection.

[edit] There's no transitions at all going from one picture to another, which is a very jarring omission.

You know what I like about All Might? So far he goes back and forth from being a goofy silver age hero to being a realist. Also he should be dead from the continuous blood loss.

VanWinkle

Sent in the USA motherload order today:

Batwoman By Rucka and Williams TP
Birthright Vol 4
Black Science Premier HC DCBS EX (binding fixed brehs)
Blood Stain Vol 2
Cave Carson has a cybernetic eye Vol 1
DC Bomshells Vol 3
DC Bombshells Vol 4
Doom Patrol Vol 1
East of West Year 2 HC
Green Lanterns Vol 1
Green Lanterns Vol 2
Harley Quinn and her gang of harleys TP
Harley Quinn Vol 5 HC
Harley Quinn Vol 6 HC
Hawkeye Vol 1 TP
Jessica Jones Vol 1
Josie and the pussycats vol 1
Jughead Vol 2
Justice League vs Suicide Squad HC
Mother Panic Vol 1
Ms Marvel OHC Vol 3
Star Wars Darth Vader OHC Vol 2
Starfire Vol 2
Saga Deluxe vol 2
Action Comics Deluxe Vol 1
Trinity Vol 1 HC
Velvet Deluxe HC

Next week
Wonder Woman by Rucka Vol 2
Tokyo Ghost Deluxe
Wayward Deluxe vol 2
Loose Ends TP
Giant Days HC Vol 1

BOOKS!

giphy.gif

To the IST worker and Mailman who has to deal with this shit

tenor.gif

It must be so exciting to get an order with this many books at one time. So many things to look at. I think my biggest order was maybe six or seven books.

Vic_Viper

The new Play Arts Magneto figure looks soo good! These last few have been great compared to some of their others, especially Wolverine lol. Wish the price would come down a bit, hopefully I can find them super cheap on sale later on. Gamestop had Cap, Black Widow, and Iron man for $40 each last year!

Pachimari

Hmm, so I like Marvel Unlimited for what it was, and I am somewhat fine with not zooming into each panel, although at times it can be hard to read. That said, I tried looking for the current run of Black Panther, and I see the latest issue is #8 from November 16. So if I want to go with Marvel Unlimited, I will have to deal with being behind 8 months from everyone else?

I'm not sure what to feel about that. Although the service seems great for catching up with older series like Ultimate Spider-Man.

Top Bottom