• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Biker Big Barda? Nice.

They've decided to push a comic to entice people to buy that $300 WW motorcycle statue no one is purchasing.

DCL8189lg.jpg

VanWinkle

giphy.gif

142 Luke Cage 2 17,277
143 Royals 4 17,007
146 Superwoman 11 16,137
150 U.S. Avengers 7 15,664
168 New Super Man 12 13,610
170 Injustice 2 4 13,342
178 Blue Beetle 10 12,399
183 Cyborg 13 12,076
184 Monsters Unleashed 3 12,033

New Super-Man. :-( It's too good for this world.

This Gotham City Garage thing isn't for me but these web series are a cool way for DC to feature secondary characters and new creators. Would love to get a Barda statue but they cost so much :(

This Gotham City Garage thing isn't for me but these web series are a cool way for DC to feature secondary characters and new creators. Would love to get a Barda statue but they cost so much :(

Most of the single-character DC statues cost around $100, which isn't bad considering their size. The $300 ones are on the really high end, and I don't know if the quality is really there with DC Collectibles to warrant spending that much, but I've been satisfied with their standard 9-12" statues.

umbrella academy is so weird. Netflix how?

It's weird in an amazing way, though. I have faith in Netflix after their A Series of Unfortunate Events adaptation. They can do weird.

Most of the single-character DC statues cost around $100, which isn't bad considering their size. The $300 ones are on the really high end, and I don't know if the quality is really there with DC Collectibles to warrant spending that much, but I've been satisfied with their standard 9-12" statues.

$100 is manageable but those high end ones that you and Messi get into? Whooo-wee, too much for me.

$100 is manageable but those high end ones that you and Messi get into? Whooo-wee, too much for me.

I don't buy that many of those. The $300+ ones are a splurge now and then. It's also a space issue because I don't really have the display cases to show off many of those 1/4 scale statues. 1/7 and 1/6 are my favorite scales.

Looking forward to SDCC this week because Kotobukiya will be unveiling their 1/6 Punisher Fine Art statue. That line runs about $250 per piece. I'm definitely in for that one because I've been dying to get a good Punisher statue.

shingi70

Banned
Sidenote, it's kind of curious that so many of DC's digital-first initiatives are female-focused. Bombshells (yes I know that the concept started as a pinup line but the book's written by Bennett for crying out loud), Legend of Wonder Woman, WW '76, now this. I'd put money on it being that they've got data that female readers are reluctant to engage with comic shops. Can't say I blame 'em.

That's presumably where the growth is, outside of Batman and Superman comics, the digital stuff has either tackled women or all ages, even stuff like smallville, arrow, and flash probably had a bigger female readership.

Even with Batman beyond the most talked about part of that book was batgirl beyond.

That's presumably where the growth is, outside of Batman and Superman comics, the digital stuff has either tackled women or all ages, even stuff like smallville, arrow, and flash probably had a bigger female readership.

Even with Batman beyond the most talked about part of that book was batgirl beyond.

BUT GUYS, MARVEL SAYS PEOPLE DON'T WANT DIVERSITY IN THEIR COMICS.

Pachimari

I'm halfway trough Infinity I think. At Infinity #4 and it's pretty good. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the different heroes, the council and races. I want to learn more about the Kree, Super Skrulls, Shi'ar, the Brood and whatever they're all named.

How do you pronounce Kr'lt and Ex Nihila?

Oh, and a quick question. The Kree's home planet is Hala?

I'm halfway trough Infinity I think. At Infinity #4 and it's pretty good. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the different heroes, the council and races. I want to learn more about the Kree, Super Skrulls, Shi'ar, the Brood and whatever they're all named.

How do you pronounce Kr'lt and Ex Nihila?

Oh, and a quick question. The Kree's home planet is Hala?
The names are pretty much as presented. Just smash consonants together and Ex Nihila is the same as Ex Nihilo. I pronounce the "i"s as a short "e"

And yes, Hala is the homeworld.
I'm the same age as Homer Simpson today :O
Code:
[img]https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/rja3.jpg[/img]

The names are pretty much as presented. Just smash consonants together and Ex Nihila is the same as Ex Nihilo. I pronounce the "i"s as a short "e"

And yes, Hala is the homeworld.

Code:
[img]https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/rja3.jpg[/img]

That drawing of the Joker is way too calm and focused.

I'm wearin it!

So close to Plat. A handful of bounties and it's mine. How do you like the Necro?

I like the Necro a lot. I'm up to like 158 Paragon or something. I have a Corpse Explosion / Skeleton / Golem build. I'm farming Greater Rifts at the moment. I have 4/6 pieces of the Inarius set.

Top Bottom