• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

I'm eternally bothered by people who say they dislike Superman and find him un-relatable because he has so many powers and is so powerful, and yet will rave about Martian Manhunter, the dude who has probably four times as many powers as Supes and is just as strong.

Like, come on.

Comic book fans are clearly the worst part about comic books.

Sandfox

Okay, "addiction." Is that better?

I'd make a joke involving your username, but it isn't coming to me right now.

I'm eternally bothered by people who say they dislike Superman and find him un-relatable because he has so many powers and is so powerful, and yet will rave about Martian Manhunter, the dude who has probably four times as many powers as Supes and is just as strong.

Like, come on.
Superman is more relatable than Batman.

Comic book fans are clearly the worst part about comic books.
Undoubtedly.
Superman is more relatable than Batman.
Truth
Didn't matter for me, just cracks me up that this is a thing, along with that he ended up removing that addiction, only for it to start attacking other JL members till he killed it.
Justice League makes reference to it with the episode, "Comfort and Joy", in which J'onn pretends to be Santa Claus so a little girl can win an argument against her brother that Santa is real. The cookies she leaves for Santa are Oreos and J'onn eats the fuck out of them.

Great episode

Also Angel uses that plot point as an episode in S5 called "Life of the Party", in which Lorne removes his sleep and his empath powers go out of control and he somehow manifests a giant hulk version of himself.

Trash episode.
Unless you happen to be an emo kid.

I also dislike that people think a character can't be relatable because they don't brood every thirty seconds. There's nothing wrong with a broody character and finding that character relatable, but some people grow past that. "Relatable" does not equal, "brooding about how shitty your life is."

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't even relate to characters, I'm not sure how anyone could relate to either Superman or Batman.

My parents were both shot, so I can relate to Batman, but then on the other hand I am also a refugee from a planet that was destroyed... so I can relate to Superman too.

Finished Mother Panic volume 1. So... she's basically just Batwoman without the Bat iconography? Really not feeling this. It was well written but feels like it's trying to be something that already exists.

caliph95

Why am I not surprised there is a new TMNT mini coming out this Wednesday.

They make this book impossible to recommend
Only read at least halfway but it feels like an ad for minis at times with them constantly going "oh you missed this cool story and how these two characters apparently met of screen well you should have read this mini"

I was just saying this to my flat mate. It feels like Gotham Central but also some Batman stories. It's well written so why not just give Jody Houser Batwoman? instead of this not Batwoman.

I think they want to do a series that is looking at Batman in a critical light that is outside of the Bat Family. It doesn't really make any sense if you think about it.

Only read at least halfway but it feels like an ad for minis at times with them constantly going "oh you missed this cool story and how these two characters apparently met of screen well you should have read this mini"

Yup exactly. I like the book, and I usually like the minis and Universe, but I'm thinking about dropping all of it. It gets really tiresome. Starting Universe as an alternative to minis was a good call, but now it's two monthlies and a mini that all constantly reference each other? Too much.

frye

So I finished the first Daredevil volume by Soule; it has some fantastic art and a nice story, but there are parts where I just felt something was missing. Like in the third issue, you're reading some thoughts by Matt and his thoughts on Tenfingers and the next page BAM you some random dudes getting powers. It was really strange and because of that the story doesn't flow. That's my only major gripe with it. Still enjoyed it. Because seriously, that art.

Btw, whats another great Daredevil story? I heard Brubakers run is great, but its out of print?

the first two "ultimate collections" are still available but the third one seems out of print, you could get the two omniboo but that's a bit more expensive. marvel unlimited is probably pretty good for this if you have a tablet

Yup exactly. I like the book, and I usually like the minis and Universe, but I'm thinking about dropping all of it. It gets really tiresome. Starting Universe as an alternative to minis was a good call, but now it's two monthlies and a mini that all constantly reference each other? Too much.
Aren't the minis collected with the main book in the library editions (or whatever the equivalent is)?
IDW Sonic is going to be interesting.
I've liked the IDW licensed stuff I've read so far. I'd love it more if they picked up Mega Man.

This is where I watched my parents die, Charmy
Fixed

Sandfox

Aren't the minis collected with the main book in the library editions (or whatever the equivalent is)?

I've liked the IDW licensed stuff I've read so far. I'd love it more if they picked up Mega Man.

Fixed
I want them to get Mega Man.

Batman showing that to Charmy would be messed up lol.

Messi

Thread is on USA time for one month only. It's still July. Might still be late. Technical difficulties.

We also don't have a title

I want them to get Mega Man.

Batman showing that to Charmy would be messed up lol.

I only jumped on MM near the end (the whole Protoman vs Megaman for an arc), but I really enjoyed it.
Thread is on USA time for one month only. It's still July. Might still be late. Technical difficulties.

COMICS! |OT| August 2017 100 Years of Kirby's Adventures in Dreamland

mreddie

Kirby's Dreamland
MILKSHAKE MANIA
Legacy's Come and Go
Reading before Kickoff.

Or take me and Bk's combo title.

And the book will actually go on sale and get price drops digitally.

Star-vs-the-Forces-of-Evil-12.gif

Top Bottom