• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Best one:
ZilzVSk.gif

Think I'm ready to do the main quest in Horizon tomorrow, around level 44 right now. Let's check what the recommended level is...level 12. Okay then.

Sister is sick so I have to keep her company for the rest of the night to make sure she doesn't throw up in her bed. See y'all tomorrow.

Rooster12

If Spider-Man didn't have Goblin or Ock, he wouldn't even be in my top five. Venom's neat, but the concept has been beaten to death as a villain. Then what? Kraven, who hasn't had a strong story in maybe 10-15 years. Mysterio, who is almost a joke these days?

Most classic villains hasn't had good stories in years.

Look at Batman....Penguin, Mad Hatter, Deadshot, Scarface, Clayface, Croc....98% of their stories have been trash in the last 10 years too.

Hagi

Hmm I want to continue buying the trade collections for Secret Six but Amazon only seem to have the second volume of the most recent series and not Simones first run.

Hagi

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401250750/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They are all there except vol 2. I'm sure IST has all of them if that's an option

I managed to find the second volume just now on amazon UK by searching ISBN, weird I couldn't find it normally. Thanks for the help though.

Villains United is cool, I had never read it before buying this volume. Isn't Simone supposed to have a new DC book? sure I read her say something like that on twitter.

Oh cool. Absolute Authority v1 is still $75. Was worried they might bump that up to $100. October 11th. Wonder what this is though...

, including a brand-new story by Warren Ellis, Bryan Hitch and Paul Neary

JLI omnibus - Sept 27th

Harley Quinn omnibus - Sept 6th

LegendX48

The first series, with Laura, is largely inconsequential. Really, all you need to know is that she was a prostitute and was friends with some kids, one of whom was Kiden. Kiden has time powers.

Nothing really interesting happens with Laura's character during the actual story. She makes some friends and then doesn't show up in the next series, since in-universe she went back to the X-Men. Kiden becomes relevant for a couple plot points in the Kyle and Yost X-Force run and a one-shot X-23 issue. I would just read both the X-23 collections, and if you really want to flesh out Laura's history, then read NYX.

I know a little bit about Kiden and Laura's role in NYX, or lack thereof. I think I may just continue to ignore it. The X-Force by Kyle and Yost seems interesting, at least from the Cable: Messiah War crossover which I read a while back. Might check those out.

I know a little bit about Kiden and Laura's role in NYX, or lack thereof. I think I may just continue to ignore it. The X-Force by Kyle and Yost seems interesting, at least from the Cable: Messiah War crossover which I read a while back. Might check those out.
Here's a saga I always recommend:

X-Men: Messiah CompleX
X-Force by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost: The Complete Collection Vol. 1
X-Force/Cable: Messiah War
X-Force by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost: The Complete Collection Vol. 2
X-Men: Second Coming

I can never recommend Kyle and Yost's X-Force run enough. I absolutely love it. Brutal and visceral action, great character work and plotting.
Before: "I don't give a fuck about Titans! Not interested! Nope!"

After: "YO TITANS! THAT DICK! WALLY! CASSANDRA! ROY! THAT GIRL IN THE GREEN OUTFIT! I LOVE THIS TEAM!"
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

error4041

I thought the MJ varients were stupid, but than I saw the Captain Marvel, Iron Fist, Gwenpool and Dr Strange ones, and now I want a book containing all of them.

Also, that Titans cover. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom