• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Which one?

I wanted to drop some money on an original Lotay piece but it sold before I got my chance ;_;

A custom poster? If not Walmart probably had it for $5.

7Mxtk4j.jpg

Had my eye on it for a while. Finally found a low price eBay listing + eBay coupon.

Messi

are X-men Blue and Gold #1 sold out everywhere? Went to Midtowncomics.com to see if they had the Jim Lee variants up yet and cant find even the regular covers. I ordered them when they first went up awhile ago, but I need to change my payment method now since I got a new card. Hope I can still get my order.

Those Jim Lee covers are 1/1000

It's so weird having your dad in Mass Effect voiced by the same actor as Taskmaster...it's throwing me off hearing Tasky over the comm lmfao.

mreddie

CBR, the same forum where they called Moon Girl SJW Baiting and hate Wasp because she's happy go lucky, want Venom to not be a evil guy yet bitch when he reverts back to 90s Venom.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Rosenberg is writing Venom-verse. It's nice to see the dude moving up the chain.

Also, it looks like Eddie Brock will be going back to the anti-hero role.
Oh no

Waid and Samnee Amazing Spider-Man would break records, GAMEPROFF would be so happy. It will never happen though because my comics dream teams never come true.
Oh yes.

Still remember when I was once banned, lurked here and the Post SW Books were unveiled and JC joked around that Waid took over ASM and I had a meltdown because I was so happy 😂😂😂

Sandfox

On CBR an X-book is garbage if it doesn't have the character in your avatar as a member.

CBR, the same forum where they called Moon Girl SJW Baiting and hate Wasp because she's happy go lucky, want Venom to not be a evil guy yet bitch when he reverts back to 90s Venom.
There's at least one thread hating on Moon Girl and asking for the book to be canceled every month.

With Venom fans in general, it seems like half want classic, while the others don't.

Read through Skim last night and it was fantastic. Pretty short OGN but it captured the whole high school mood better than most comics do. Mariko Tamaki's use of Kim's diary made it feel really personal and Jillian's art was great. Highly recommend it and it's really cheap!

Started Super Mutant Magic Academy too and I love it so far. Reminds me a bit of something like Megg and Mogg or Boy's Club. Good fun.

Ross61

I couldn't believe I saw a thread bitching about the now Bat-writers not wanting to write "Batgod" and wanting Batman to get his ass kicked every now and once.

caliph95

I couldn't believe I saw a thread bitching about the now Bat-writers not wanting to write "Batgod" and wanting Batman to get his ass kicked every now and once.
Batgod is both the worst and best thing Grant Morrison ever done (Not his fault but he didin't help)

Sandfox

So based on the June solicitations for X-Men Gold it looks like Guggenheim will be working to
refresh/reestablish the old school villains for the early part of his run similar to what ASM did during The Guantlet. First the Brotherhood and next Sentinels.

jurgen

So based on the June solicitations for X-Men Gold it looks like Guggenheim will be working to
refresh/reestablish the old school villains for the early part of his run similar to what ASM did during The Guantlet. First the Brotherhood and next Sentinels.

That would be a fun thing to do if anyone other than Guggenheim were writing it.

That would be a fun thing to do if anyone other than Guggenheim were writing it.
This is how I feel
Has Marc Guggenheim ever done anything good in comics, i never heard anyone praise him for anything
His Blade: It Takes One to Kill One run was pretty dope when it was dropping. I really enjoyed it, at least. I have all the single issues. Perhaps worth a revisit. I haven't techically read the whole thing. I pretty much missed the first three or four issues.

I was also about 13 or 14 when it was running and seeing how my tastes have changed over the years, I may not feel the same now as I did then.

error4041

I saw some advanced solicits a few Spidey/Venom books, and the Edge of Venomverse book sounds surprisingly good. at least for the first issue. do we know Rosenberg is writing the whole series, or is he just writing the first issue, like with edge of Spider-Verse where it was a different creative team for each issue?

caliph95

His Brand New Day Run on Amazing Spider-Man was really, really good.
I guess that is one thing.
I'm neither excited for either Blue or Gold, I like the team of Gold but i'm iffy on marc and read some good stuff from Bunn though he can be hit and miss but i don't care for the team.

jurgen

His Brand New Day Run on Amazing Spider-Man was really, really good.

Yeahhh... No.

He was part of the committee that plotted out Brand New Day but his individual arcs were the worst of the bunch: he had two arcs with Menace, an arc focused on a Ben Reilly tease that never materialized, and Kraven's daughter (which was the most tolerable but was average at best).

The only thing he's written that I enjoyed was the last arc of the brief Bart Allen Flash run. He actually had a good voice down for the character and Rogues. It was also compelling because
DC did a great fake out of not spoiling the Rogues successfully killing Bart by soliciting fake issues for the following months.

Sandfox

I saw some advanced solicits a few Spidey/Venom books, and the Edge of Venomverse book sounds surprisingly good. at least for the first issue. do we know Rosenberg is writing the whole series, or is he just writing the first issue, like with edge of Spider-Verse where it was a different creative team for each issue?
You would probably have to ask him on twitter about that unless he mentions it himself.

Has Marc Guggenheim ever done anything good in comics, i never heard anyone praise him for anything

He wrote a creator owned thing years ago at Oni Press called Resurrection that was mildly interesting, I had the first volume, but it felt very much like a hopefully pitch for a movie. I'm pretty sure he abandoned the project halfway through though. He did another called Stringers not too long ago that looked alright but felt kind of burned still so I just left it. I think that's the extent of my experience with him.

So in order to complete my X-23 read, I need to read a bunch of X-Men, Avengers Academy, and Avengers Arena.

Whooooooo boy
I feel for you.
Had my eye on it for a while. Finally found a low price eBay listing + eBay coupon.
Nice!

Like the sound of the Superman spoilers.
Doesn't make the N52 stories disappear etc.

Also gives us 2 pieces of the Rebirth puzzle:
Mr. Oz isn't all powerful and Manhattan is in solitude on Mars which probably explains why we won't get a Manhunter book for a while.

Edit: AquaMera by Sejic. NSFW

I definitely didnt get around to finishing it, I remember that much, but I quite liked what I did read. I didn't have much affinity for the characters involved though so there wasn't anything sacred for me in there, in relation to characterisation or deaths etc. That's just me though, I thought it was pretty well reviewed, which is more why I was surprised at the negatives.

caliph95

Never finished it but i'm pretty sure most of the negativity is due to the concept and loss of fan favourite characters than the writing. Though i never finished so whatever

House of M sale on CMX(wasn't there one like a month back? Are they trying to tell us something about Secret Empire or something?). Also got a email from CMX with a 30% off code for purchases over 15€ in one cart.

Edit: Damn!

Hey all, occasional comic reader here. I read a lot of Duck comics as a kid (they're really big here) and I had a short stint a couple of years back when I read a bunch of older X-Men stories on Comixology but that's about it as far as reading comics goes.

I have a gift card to a bookstore, and since I like the convenience of Kindle for regular books I figured I'd use it on comics instead. Since I'm not a regular reader I'd like to get some nice one-offs or collections, and I thought I'd ask you for recommendations. I have about 80€ to spend, but the store is bit on the expensive side.

I absolutely love the character design and everything I've seen of Spider-Gwen, so I was planning to get the new hardcover collecting Edge of Spider-Verse #2, Spider-Gwen (2015A) #1-5 and Spider-Gwen (2015B) #1-6. Any opinions on this?

I've heard a lot of good things about Darth Vader (and I love Star Wars), so maybe a collection of those would be good? I can get either paperback with 1-6 or hardcover with 1-12.

This leaves room for some more things and I guess that's where any recommendations would help. I love X-Men stuff so if there's an awesome book for those that would great, but I'm open to recommendations outside of the "mainstream" brands too.

Anyone reading/caught up on Tyson Hesse's Diesel? I am a bit confused how it is structured. I read the trade Diesel: Ignition but it looks like that is not a straight collection of the single issues? #4 on comixology says final issue but the trade has 8 chapters with chapter 4 aligning with #4's description from Comixology. And the trade ends with a "End of Book one" tag. Definitely hoping there's more.

I did really enjoy Diesel: Ignition btw. Some great (and detailed) art building a very interesting world. And the story got pretty dark too for what looked like an all ages adventure book initially.

Top Bottom