• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Last month's top posters:
img_0008nhat0.png

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My buys for March!

Birthright #23
Black Road #8
Black Science #29
Copperhead #11
Curse Words #3
Deadly Class #27
Drifter #18
East of West #33
Extremity #1
I Hate Fairyland #11
Injection #11
Kill or Be Killed #7
Manifest Destiny #27
Monstress #11

Moonshine #6
Nailbiter #30
Paper Girls #12
Shutter #28
Southern Bastards #19
Violent Love #5
The Walking Dead #165
The Wicked + The Divine #27
Spread #20

Black Hammer #7
Tomboy #12

Royal City starting up already, nice. Looking forward to that one. Still haven't read Essex County, but apparently he wants this to be an ongoing with the same vibe.

Interesting solicit for Low. Wasn't Poluma
the pirate dome? I thought the entire population was killed when Tajo let loose.
So not entirely sure when that issue must be set.

caliph95

Royal City starting up already, nice. Looking forward to that one. Still haven't read Essex County, but apparently he wants this to be an ongoing with the same vibe.

Interesting solicit for Low. Wasn't Poluma
the pirate dome? I thought the entire population was killed when Tajo let loose.
So not entirely sure when that issue must be set.

It;s been so long i forgot some of the details for low.
I'm guessing there was survivor inspired by one of the brothers, so probably present or right after it was destroyed, he could have escaped by one of the ships
it's been so long though.

It;s been so long i forgot some of the details for low.
I'm guessing there was survivor inspired by one of the brothers, so probably present or right after it was destroyed, he could have escaped by one of the ships
it's been so long though.

Haha I only just got around to read volume 3 of the trades last week so not so long for me/a life time until I actually read the new issues.
You're probably right, I'm sure there will be a scenario like that that makes sense. It just jumped out at me because Tajo & Della pass through Poluma on the way to the surface and that sparks the sisters arguing because it's literally a mass grave. I'm sure the new character will end up shot, stabbed, irradiated and bleeding from the eyeballs like most cast members in this book XD

caliph95

Haha I only just got around to read volume 3 of the trades last week so not so long for me/a life time until I actually read the new issues.
You're probably right, I'm sure there will be a scenario like that that makes sense. It just jumped out at me because Tajo & Della pass through Poluma on the way to the surface and that sparks the sisters arguing because it's literally a mass grave. I'm sure the new character will end up shot, stabbed, irradiated and bleeding from the eyeballs like most cast members in this book XD

Or any Rick Remender books, he has fetish for giving his characters injuries.

Going to see Logan at 14:45. Heading out to pick up my copy of Horizon soon~

I'm jealous right now, i so want to watch logan.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wish there was an extension that automatically subscribes to the new monthly threads whilst deleting the subscription to the new ones

Batman

God damn this issue was amazing. Fixed a minor gripe I had about the last issue and was awesome throughout. Best issue of this run in my mind.

Great new thread Messi and Freeza, thanks. Plenty to look forward to this month, with new start for x-men, american gods and sadly shutter coming to an end. At least there releasing that new Del Luca book to console us all. One thing that still bugs me though looking at those covers is why the hell does Roy Harper still have his horrible backwards cap, goggles combo, lets leave that look way back in the 90,s.

As much as I've loved the first series as a whole, does anyone think they kind of messed up the landing in Black Panther #11. Seemed kind of rushed after so much build up and like people have mentioned really small in scale for a big war. Parts of it just seemed out of nowhere and confusing as well, I presume it will answer some of these questions going into issue 12 and the second series. I wasn't sure on that last page
whether they had taken back the capital and formed a new council with the midnight angels or whether zenzi still held the capital and panther/shuri had joined the midnight angels new state to plan how to fight back

I know I asked this question a bit back, but I think it got buried in a string of new announcements. Has anyone tried the strangers in paradise pocket books? Are they okay? I want to read it in print form after recently getting into motor girl, but the omnibus is a bit expensive without trying the series first and the normal volumes originally released seem really expensive now

tim1138

Things sure took an interesting turn at the end of Shade this month...

The final issue of Midnighter and Apollo was absolutely pitch perfect. Hopefully Orlando is back to writing them sooner rather than later.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is a complete Midnighter Wildstorm Trade coming but they seriously want 52€ for it... No way.

Do I want to read Wonder Woman by John Byrne?

ElNarez

Banned
Things sure took an interesting turn at the end of Shade this month...

The final issue of Midnighter and Apollo was absolutely pitch perfect. Hopefully Orlando is back to writing them sooner rather than later.

finding someone that's willing to
punch a demon in the face shouting NOT TODAY ASSHOLE
is my new relationship goal

Midnighter & Apollo

I thought the final issue of this mini was great, but I felt a little lost on some of the action. Seemed like the worst depiction of the action so far in either series. Maybe it was me, but I just felt lost a few times.

Green Lanterns

As someone who knew barely anything about Green Lanterns before Rebirth and absolutely nothing of Volthoom I really liked this issue. Gave a good depiction of the character of Volthoom and did a good job of catching up to his side of this story.

Green Arrow

Damn, this was great too. Not a ton to talk about really but thought it was a really good issue.

So far a really good day for DC.

Been reading GLA by Slott. Went in expecting hijinks and comedy. I don't know what Slott was aiming for (satire on grim-dark superhero comics?) but the jokes just enhanced the feeling of sadness for me.

There was Space Battle Lunchtime by Oni Press last year but it was also a sci-fi comic
http://i.imgur.com/TG7OVo0.jpg[/IG]

First issue was kinda forgettable tho[/QUOTE]

Whoa, the previews for this look cool. My library is getting the first trade soon, will read.

Feel like we might get that Milestone 2.0 announcement today or during ECCC.

That would explain why the new Hanna Barbera books aren't coming out until the fall. DC has been trying to stagger the new releases from their secondary brands. Milestone returns in June / July then HB wave 2 in September / October like Mark Russell said.

tim1138

Midnighter & Apollo

I thought the final issue of this mini was great, but I felt a little lost on some of the action. Seemed like the worst depiction of the action so far in either series. Maybe it was me, but I just felt lost a few times.

Green Lanterns

As someone who knew barely anything about Green Lanterns before Rebirth and absolutely nothing of Volthoom I really liked this issue. Gave a good depiction of the character of Volthoom and did a good job of catching up to his side of this story.

Green Arrow

Damn, this was great too. Not a ton to talk about really but thought it was a really good issue.

So far a really good day for DC.

Volthoom was the antagonist in Geoff Johns final Green Lantern arc, The Wrath of the First Lantern, and the ring made on Earth 3 from his essence was a part of Forever Evil and then Justice League from Forever Evil through Darkseid War. Jessica Cruz was a big part of the ring story.

dan2026

Hmm read quite a bit of Tom King's Batman now. And sadly it isn't very good.
I don't think King really understands any of the characters he is writing. Its all very odd.

Ross61

Batman #18 was amazing and Nightwing #16 was just great. A lot of shippers might be pissed at Nightwing tho.

Hmm read quite a bit of Tom King's Batman now. And sadly it isn't very good.
I don't think King really understands any of the characters he is writing. Its all very odd.

I feel like Batman 16 is the exact opposite of what you're saying. That burger joint scene between the Bat Family was simply amazing and had all the characters done perfect.

I was disappointed in I am Suicide a lot because of the amount of emphasis put on a plan to have it end up being overly simple and dumb, but I don't get the character complaints at all.

dan2026

I feel like Batman 16 is the exact opposite of what you're saying. That burger joint scene between the Bat Family was simply amazing and had all the characters done perfect.

I was disappointed in I am Suicide a lot because of the amount of emphasis put on a plan to have it end up being overly simple and dumb, but I don't get the character complaints at all.

To be fair I haven't read any of the current arc. I just don't care for the way he is writing Bane, Batman or Catwoman. And all this nonsense with the Psycho Pirate is just weird.

It all feels off, but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

To be fair I haven't read any of the current arc. I just don't care for the way he is writing Bane, Batman or Catwoman. And all this nonsense with the Psycho Pirate is just weird.

It all feels off, but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

I do think his writing style has a weird effect when being applied to Batman. I am Suicide I think was the most apparent. He seems to be heavily going for the emotional aspect and I feel like it's a weird fit for Batman. It somewhat worked with I am Gotham because it was more attached to characters we didn't know, but with I Am Suicide it just felt weird and felt like it wasn't quite hitting the way King thought it was meant to.

I would say I am Bane so far seems a lot less contingent on that aspect so far and all three issues so far have been pretty amazing. I really like Gotham, really disliked and almost hated Suicide, but I'm loving I am Bane so far.

dan2026

I do think his writing style has a weird effect when being applied to Batman. I am Suicide I think was the most apparent. He seems to be heavily going for the emotional aspect and I feel like it's a weird fit for Batman. It somewhat worked with I am Gotham because it was more attached to characters we didn't know, but with I Am Suicide it just felt weird and felt like it wasn't quite hitting the way King thought it was meant to.

I would say I am Bane so far seems a lot less contingent on that aspect so far and all three issues so far have been pretty amazing. I really like Gotham, really disliked and almost hated Suicide, but I'm loving I am Bane so far.

I feel like he is really trying to put Batman and Bane as being a twisted reflection of each other. Which has always been true to some extent, but King is really beating you over the head with it so much it becomes obnoxious.
Hell he was trying to do the same thing with Batman and Catwoman.

Then you come to the Mcguffin that the two are fighting over is the Psycho Pirate and the whole thing kinda falls apart. It just makes Batman and Bane look kinda weak to be honest.

Perhaps its just his writing style that sits wrongly with me.

Zombine

Banned
WALKING DEAD

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WTF

WHAT

WHATTTTTTT

bullshit. Fucking bullshit they're going for show parity. Having Andrea die so that Rick can hook up with Michonne. What the fuck, this better be some dumb psych out.

dustyherb

WALKING DEAD

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WTF

WHAT

WHATTTTTTT

bullshit. Fucking bullshit they're going for show parity. Having Andrea die so that Rick can hook up with Michonne. What the fuck, this better be some dumb psych out.
I can't fucking believe it.
maybe she was hit by a bullet from Magna or Yumiko? Maybe they try to Cauterize the infection if it's indeed a bite. She's probably going to die :(

One takes him hours the other takes days though.
If hes gonna make quick art, he should move to use flatter colors rather than that painted look under sketchy lines I see him use often. He has clashing shapes and values and it would be better if he refined his lines and toned down the amount of time he spends on values and just go with flat colors.

His refined work is really nice but I can see why he doesn't fully paint in sequentials. Comic pages take long enough as is.

Now we're a bit into the run, how are folks feeling about King's run against Snyder's new 52 run?

For batman that is. Finished up reading Snyder's run last night, haven't started King's stuff. Would help me contextualise thoughts about the King stuff I'm reading.

Zombine

Banned
I can't fucking believe it.
maybe she was hit by a bullet from Magna or Yumiko? Maybe they try to Cauterize the infection if it's indeed a bite. She's probably going to die :(

Such bullshit...
a line in the letters section makes it seem like the bullet may be the case though.

Top Bottom