• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmfdmpig

Issue 6 of Animal Man was also good. Loved the end where you see the Hawkguy's life flashing by while Buddy is desperately trying to stop this bomb and Hawkman just comes and turns it off lol

That one was part of Invasion. That crossover was a guilty pleasure, and you're right that the Animal Man issue, and indeed that whole run of Morrison's stood out.

PsychBat!

Banned
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Girl from bouldering gym cancelled coffee to have dinner with her mom.
shit... Sorry Kipp.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Girl from bouldering gym cancelled coffee to have dinner with her mom.

Call her mom and see if she wants to hang out after dinner. I am a big fan of hanging out with moms of people I like.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Call her mom and see if she wants to hang out after dinner. I am a big fan of hanging out with moms of people I like.

Haha. More excellent advice.
And when she wants to reschedule for coffee I'll be like "Damn... Sorry... I made plans with your mom that night already."

shit... Sorry Kipp.

No worries. So far it's not catastrophic or anything, just a mild disappointment. It'll probably just be a simple reschedule.

CFT4-GgUkAAUsAz.jpg:large

The whole thing has been colored, it exists fam

zennyzz

I ain't sleeping on her. She is the best Spider Book in some time. Easily better than Gwen and Jess for me.

Fixed that for you, and I wouldn't even say that. Superior Foes is still the reigning new Spider Book

Best recent Spider person is SP//DR.

Also wouldn't exactly call Jess a Spider-Family book.

Boogiepop

Oh dang. Splatoon is really, really, really good. Like, holy crap! I wasn't 100% how much I'd love it since I'm not a shooter guy at all, but this is damn good stuff! Kind of snapped out of amiibo funk a little now! (Headaches and parties and running around for amiibo is what prevented me from playing it till now). Gotta pace myself, but when I get a little further leveled up and in the singleplayer, totally gonna be up for playing with you guys.

Oh, and I read the first arc of Bendis Daredevil. Quite interesting, though only just barely a Daredevil story.

Edit: Which makes me realize, a Ben Urich ongoing about being a reporter in the Marvel Universe could be pretty neat, now that I think about it.

Volume 1 of Saga of Swamp Thing done. Pretty solid intro. Felt like Moore wanted to establish his world before his Swamp Thing as I really feel Swamp Thing was not the main focus. Feel like the stories, themes, and ideas were set up by the villains and other supporting characters and Swamp Thing was just kinda there. Still have 5 more volumes to go!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I'm a big Cosmic Horror fan and I'd heard exciting thing about Providence. I haven't really read comics since I bought a collection of EC comics years and years ago.

I bought and read Providence and really enjoyed it! Lots of references to some very well known weird fiction stories. I can't wait to see what comes next!

I also bought every issue of the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch series. I've read issue 1 and ADORED it. The artwork is phenomenal. I guess there's a lot more to the Archie company than I suspected!

S\\I also bought every issue of the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch series. I've read issue 1 and ADORED it. The artwork is phenomenal. I guess there's a lot more to the Archie company than I suspected!

If you like zombie fiction, you might want to check out Afterlife With Archie as well. Same writer and also highly regarded.

Should be also noted that Alias is much much much much much much better than The Pulse

Bendis just didn't have his heart in it anymore once he could no longer say "Fuck". But yeah, Alias is certainly superior although I still found The Pulse fairly enjoyable for what it was.

Horseticuffs

If you like zombie fiction, you might want to check out Afterlife With Archie as well. Same writer and also highly regarded.
I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around giving a fuck about Archie, but if you'd told me that I'd give a fuck about Sabrina the Teenage Witch before I saw a thread about the new direction they took it here last year I'd have thought you were nuts!

It breaks my mind to say this but I'm probably going to give Afterlife with Archie a shot.

I don't know what kind of world it is where the bastard reject mainstay of every grocery checkout aisle I've ever been in is all of the sudden making excellent stuff. Maybe my eyes have finally been opened.

I'm really pulling for you Kipp. Stay humble man. Maybe the spirits are opening things up for Chick Fil A girl and I. Today at work I had an epiphany, I think I am doing a horrible job, absolutely pathetic. But all my managers think I am a warehouse wizard/prodigy. Lesson today brahs, it's all your head. The only thing holding me back from comic superstardom and CFA girl is myself. I beat myself everyday, and if I can do that, I can beat anyone....

Volume 1 of Saga of Swamp Thing done. Pretty solid intro. Felt like Moore wanted to establish his world before his Swamp Thing as I really feel Swamp Thing was not the main focus. Feel like the stories, themes, and ideas were set up by the villains and other supporting characters and Swamp Thing was just kinda there. Still have 5 more volumes to go!

There is a ton of issues with introspection on Swamp Thing's part, eventually I suppose. I just finished reading all 6 volumes and it was amazing. The art is fantastic as well. It's a great story and surprisingly touches many aspects of DC's universe. I loved Moore's take on the Floronic man.

Horseticuffs

Harsh, but true.
I don't mean it as an insult, really. Archie is one of those things that was always just THERE. Like sunlight, or fresh water. It never occurred to me to actually read or buy an issue. It was stuff people read like a billion years ago when comics were a dime and gas was a hay penny. I'm no spring chicken, either.

I mean all this in the best possible way. Sabrina has defied my every closed-minded expectation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witcher 3 killed comics for me :(

It's consuming my life, and when I'm at work (like now) I'm just thinking about playing more of it

Sorry comics, see you in 2 weeks or whenever I finish the game

I mean all this in the best possible way. Sabrina has defied my every closed-minded expectation.

Yeah, I hear you. But I know what you mean, even though I don't think I've seen an Archie comic in a grocery store in quite some time. I was thinking "this fucking Archie guy is never going to quit is he?" for years.

We talking about Chilling Adventures here or some other Sabrina comic?

Horseticuffs

Yeah, I hear you. But I know what you mean, even though I don't think I've seen an Archie comic in a grocery store in quite some time. I was thinking "this fucking Archie guy is never going to quit is he?" for years.

We talking about Chilling Adventures here or some other Sabrina comic?
Chilling Adventures. My only info on it came from a thread here when it was announced. I enjoyed Providence so much I wanted to see what else was shaking in horror comics these days. I've actually got the first 3 issues of Locke & Key because I'm a big Joe Hill fan. Maybe I should get more of those. Any suggestions for good modem horror stuff, I'm all ears. Like I've said, I loved the old EC books.

Witcher 3 killed comics for me :(

It's consuming my life, and when I'm at work (like now) I'm just thinking about playing more of it

Sorry comics, see you in 2 weeks or whenever I finish the game

Remember that if you take too long, it'll chain into Arkham Knight, and then into the w3 mini-expansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom