• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
Oh, and if you want something that's a lot more light hearted and fun, I would recommend checking out Thor: The Mighty Avenger by Roger Langridge and Chris Samnee. It's something I think anyone can jump into and enjoy.

It looks like this:

61wTidF62eL.jpg

Messi

How often do you have to delete your digital comics to make room for new ones? I remember running into that problem back when I went digital for a few months. I kept having to delete old issues to make room for new ones. Just a minor inconvenience since I could redownload them.

I generally only keep what I have yet to read because it's so easy to read download them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The first time I read Moore's Swamp Thing, I absolutely lost it when this happened:

Haha. That's incredible.

Oh, and if you want something that's a lot more light hearted and fun, I would recommend checking out Thor: The Mighty Avenger by Roger Langridge and Chris Samnee. It's something I think anyone can jump into and enjoy.

It looks like this:

Is that still in print? I couldn't find it on IST, but that could just be IST's search failing me.
I'd like to pick that up eventually. Seems like something I'd enjoy.

I generally only keep what I have yet to read because it's so easy to read download them.

Same. There's never anything on my device that isn't waiting to be read.

Of course, I like to re-read stuff a lot, so we're still talking about 4-9 GB of comic at any given time...8.4 GB at present.

Cade

Black Hole was kind of dumb until the dude was having sex with
the girl with the dog tail

And then it was dumb again after that. Yes, I understand allegories. Art was cool though.

I only liked Enigma of Amigara Fault of the Ito stuff I've read

fauxtrot

Banned
Messi, stop trying to get everyone choked up on Dick.

Black Hole was kind of dumb until the dude was having sex with
the girl with the dog tail

And then it was dumb again after that. Yes, I understand allegories. Art was cool though.

I only liked Enigma of Amigara Fault of the Ito stuff I've read

To each their own, bro.

fauxtrot

Banned
Quitely draws the best Damien. Fact.

I love how many things are wrong with this sentence.

Also, you just reminded me I forgot to watch NXT last night. Tyson Kidd is the future of sports entertainment. Fact.

Das the joke :)

I found this image of someone trying to copy Quitely's style and how he might draw Joker and Harley. I think he got pretty close on Harley

Yeah, Harley looks good until you get to that thigh gap... I mean, really? I could put my fist through that thing.

His/her Joker on the other hand... is that an actual outfit he's worn before? Because it looks like the artist took acid and it didn't kick in until he got midway down.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Das the joke :)

I found this image of someone trying to copy Quitely's style and how he might draw Joker and Harley. I think he got pretty close on Harley

:|
I'm the worst. Second day in a row a sarcastic post has gone right over my head. Haha

Also, Joker's got quite the bulge there.

Quitely's Jokers:

That second one in particular is fantastic (though both are great).

favorite thing about Burnham Damian is that he draws him with a permanent scowl on his face.

Actually, I just love all of Burnham's character design. Grayson's lithe, confident, good-natured, Damian's ill-tempered kid, Bruce Wayne is a giant child in a man's body, someone who never grew up in the aftermath of his parent's murder. He and Morrison make a very good team, every panel working to define these characters and the world they live in. Even just looking at the map there is a good example of Morrison's grasp of compression and characterization. Dick's response is impressed, Bruce the analytical one, Damian self-centered and arrogant. And even when he does have to lay down some bigger exposition with Alfred there, its in a quietly hilarious panel of him grooming Bat-Cow.

Messi

I would imagine he'd be swamped if he did... maybe at the occasional con?

This Wonder Woman of his is great too (well, the legs are a little weird, but I like the face... it's not even potatoey!)

I like all of that except the face. It just looks off to me. But it looks cleaner than usual.

Lulubop

Jason Aaron's current run called Thor: God of Thunder is as good as it gets, unless you're willing to go into the old school Walter Simonson run (which I wouldn't recommend for someone just getting into comics). Start with the first volume, titled The God Butcher, and buy volume 2, Godbomb if you enjoy it!

The one you want looks like this:

I'll check it out, but I'm willing to dive into anything no matter how old

fauxtrot

Banned
How am I so similar to Kipp and yet so similar to Messi too? Weird.

I'll check it out, but I'm willing to dive into anything no matter how old

I'd recommend either of those to start and if you want to check out the definitive version of the character, read Walter Simonson's The Mighty Thor. Read it in small doses so the "classicness" of it doesn't burn you out.

When I'm going through an old run I typically limit myself to one or two issues a night, in between my other titles.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guys? Are we excited for Big Hero 6? I keep forgetting it exists, and apparently it comes out in like a week?

I dunno how I feel about the movie. Kinda interested in watching it because of the announced references but not that much because of the movie itself... I think I will wait for the Blu-Ray.

fauxtrot

Banned
Guys? Are we excited for Big Hero 6? I keep forgetting it exists, and apparently it comes out in like a week?

I've never read the comic, but I'm down for any Disney animated movie. Does it take place in the Marvel universe or in it's own? I haven't even seen a full trailer yet, just the original teaser with kid trying to put armor on the the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man looking guy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've never read the comic, but I'm down for any Disney animated movie. Does it take place in the Marvel universe or in it's own? I haven't even seen a full trailer yet, just the original teaser with kid trying to put armor on the the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man looking guy.

Its its own thing but its rumored that they gonna start an Animated Marvel Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom