• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Sadist

Read a few comics from July. These Secret Wars tie ins are absolutely awful. I can see why Hickman got disenfranchised and burned out from completing the event when his life's work and setup is supported by talentless and myopic creators.
You shouldn't have started with Ultimate End though

Messi

Read a few comics from July. These Secret Wars tie ins are absolutely awful. I can see why Hickman got disenfranchised and burned out from completing the event when his life's work and setup is supported by talentless and myopic creators.

I really disagree with thus sentiment

Tizoc

Why did you even waste your time with the tie-ins if all you wanted was the main series?
It's 2015, by now you KNOW that tie-ins are hit or miss and thus are better left unread to be on the safe side.
You're complaining for the sake of complaining :/

Hagi

Why did you even waste your time with the tie-ins if all you wanted was the main series?
It's 2015, by know you KNOW that tie-ins are hit or miss and thus are better left unread to be on the safe side.
You're complaining for the sake of complaining :/

maybe he wanted to read them?

instead of saying "lol tie ins are mostly shit so what did you expect, stop complaining" you could have asked him what he read and maybe pointed to ones that are actually well received? I dunno just a thought.

I've enjoyed most of what I've read even if they do flub the endings. Still need to get round to A-Force and Civil War.

Edit: totally forgot about Weird World, don't think I even read the first issue I bought

Messi

instead of saying "lol tie ins are mostly shit so what did you expect, stop complaining" you could have asked him what he read and maybe pointed to ones that are actually well received? I dunno just a thought.

I've enjoyed most of what I've read even if they do flub the endings. Still need to get round to A-Force and Civil War.

Edit: totally forgot about Weird World, don't think I even read the first issue I bought

Yo A Force was one of the best tie ins.

Messi

You've recommended it to me like 5 times I think. I'm going to get round to it eventually I still have the Angela trade to read so I'll dive into A-Force after that.

I'm sorry, I just really liked it and wanted more people to read it :(

Didn't see this posted.

WYTCHESSEASON2hi-3c047.jpg

Hagi

I'm sorry, I just really liked it and wanted more people to read it :(

Didn't see this posted.

I didn't mean that to sound bad lol I like getting recommendation in here. Plus the fact you've talked about it a lot means I won't forget to read it.

I've only read the first issue of Wytches but damn "There's no trees in this desert so I'll be safe, right?" is perfect horror movie tag-line material.

Tizoc

But this is Rafa.
The dude knows the deal with Major Comic events and tie-ins.
There was no reason for him to read the tie-ins as he's been reading comics for the past decade, which had a comic event every 12-15 months.

Messi

But this is Rafa.
There was no reason for him to read the tie-ins as he's been reading comics for the past decade, which had a comic event every 12-15 months.

Feels like a lot shorter than that these days.

Hagi

But this is Rafa.

so? I've been reading comics for a decade and know all about the comic law that is "80 percent of all tie ins must be terrible" and I still read and enjoyed the Secret Wars stuff. Telling him he should know the score and he's just complaining for complaining sake is tired. Especially when a great deal of those books are actually good.

I mean I'm actually interested in which ones he's tried.

Feels like a lot shorter than that these days.

The time between AXIS and Secret Wars only like 5 months I think. I imagine that by the time this is finished it'll be the same for the new Civil War.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I should probably read a Halloweeny comic today. Wonder if I have any horror-ish comics on my shelf.

Hagi

I should probably read a Halloweeny comic today. Wonder if I have any horror-ish comics on my shelf.

Looking at your shelves and realizing how much money you've spent on Monster Arts should be horror enough Kipp.

That said I like this idea but the only horror-ish books I have are American Vampire and Hellboy/B.P.R.D. Tough to decide between the three.

I'm going to read either my Hellraiser Vol 1, or one of my Creepy Archives collections I just purchased on Comixology...

Shit, the Creepy Archives volumes are great, I recommend them to folks. Also, I'm optimistic about KARNAK.

I'm going back to Hellboy library vol 1 tonight. Dark horse still has their cmx horror sale going on.

I bought the Mignola stuff on sale, because I'm sure I'll need it eventually.

On the topic of that sale, Colder was a pretty interesting first issue and I've heard great things about Harrow County. Bought both.

Hagi

I've been reading Southern Cross and that's a cool Sci-fi horror book. Becky Cloonan writes it for anyone interested.

Kipp reading Hellboy? Perish the thought.
Lol, he has said it's his favorite comic! I want him to get back to it so he can reach Conqueror Worm along with the big trilogy at the end.
I'm going back to Hellboy library vol 1 tonight. Dark horse still has their cmx horror sale going on.

Didn't even know there was a horror sale. Might just grab all of Hellboy in Hell since it hasn't been collected into hardcover yet.

Yowza I'm starting to feel bad for all you kiddies getting Fallout 4 on PS4 if this is the case >_>;
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/148887

It looks like someone smeared a layer of vaseline all over the screen >__>

Ah well, I'm sure there'll be a color correction mod soon enough.

BTW, Comics! Just wrapped up Morrison's JLA. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't change my life, but I had a great time. The standard against which all other JL books ought to be judged, IMO.

Tizoc

That was... less of a standard...

Okay it, was awful. Howard Porter could not draw back then, I don't care what anybody told him.

I found some of the panels hilarious. Like that one panel that had GL crouching like he's doing a pose or something.
But yeah his art greatly improved later on like in The Flash: Rogue War.

Tizoc

My PC is ready. Paid the game and a Steam Controller off yesterday. Ready to be amazed by Fallout and frustrated as fuck by the Steam Controller.

I have decided as a matter of principle that I should instead be getting Anno 2205. Yes its UPlay but so is Butt Cream Syndicate, and that one got more exposure over at SteamGAF than Anno.

This doesn't look that bad to me :/. I am glad I can't see these problems like some people.

Then your avatar is reflective of your eye problem :V
The PS4 screenshot is not as colorful as the Bethesda bullshot, although it could be from the player's TV, even then the PS4 ver. has weaker colors than the screenshot shown before hovering over the image.
At first I thought the screenshot was OK.
Then I saw the loss of colors
Now I feel bad for PS4/X1 users

Messi

I have decided as a matter of principle that I should instead be getting Anno 2205. Yes its UPlay but so is Butt Cream Syndicate, and that one got more exposure over at SteamGAF than Anno.

The PS4 screenshot is not as colorful as the Bethesda bullshot, although it could be from the player's TV, even then the PS4 ver. has weaker colors than the screenshot shown before hovering over the image.

Oh god I thought it was only one image. I moused over it.

Yeah...

Did you guys see the Ant Man hot toy face sculpt? Holy shiet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Now we just have to check its a photoshoped Bulbshot or a real screenshot.

Tizoc

Oh god I thought it was only one image. I moused over it.

Then I apologize for the avatar thing :X
I'll say this though FO4 has 3rd person view option right? More games need to have this as FO4 would be only the 2ND game I know of to feature it within the past 2 years.

Okay, so I'm reading Batman & Son, which I think I've actually read before, and there's this chapter that's... it's like an illustrated novel, but the images are all done with some 3D software. It's pretty hideous. Do I need to read this?

Okay, so I'm reading Batman & Son, which I think I've actually read before, and there's this chapter that's... it's like an illustrated novel, but the images are all done with some 3D software. It's pretty hideous. Do I need to read this?

The actual story's alright, but those images are terrible.

Tizoc

I know I didn't, and still didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

Messi

Story is decent art is hilariously bad. Took me ages to get through it.

Top Bottom