• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Sandfox

Well it's no huge surprise. Marvel always cancels their good books in favor of more Avengers BULLSHIT.

Remember when we all thought Gotham Academy was done for? But DC came through for us. They made sure that book didn't get DiDio'd.
I'm pretty sure Gotham Academy does well digitally and in trade lol.

o2pccFt.png

giphy.gif

Boogiepop

Well, it's not untrue. Wasn't someone around here lamenting their Sonic trade being a year late or something?
Yeah, that's probably me. And it's less that they've had a Sonic trade late, it's more that they had spiraling delays for like a year and a half for their entire Sonic/Mega Man trade lines, and were unable to get ANYTHING out in that range. And during that time period they cancelled several of their trade lines (they're now down to just the "up to date" (as in now horribly behind as well) post-reboot line of trades and Sonic Boom, whereas they've cancelled the Sonic Saga (collected old stuff once the good author came on), Sonic Archives (reprints of the really old stuff), Sonic Legacy (Black and white omnibuses, ala Essentials), Sonic Universe (the spin-off series), and Mega Man trades).

It's a freaking baffling mess, and I've seen nothing in terms of any official statements from Archie to explain it or at least say "oh, we had some issues, but we should definitely be back on track by this date". Hell, I'm pretty sure we only know those lines are cancelled because they had their Amazon pages wiped out.

And that's why I'm never bothering to try to wait for anything in print from Archie anymore and just do digital.

New thread is up. Please move all conversation to the new digs. Please be nice. Move in an orderly fashion.

WHY NO LINK THO

Well it's no huge surprise. Marvel always cancels their good books in favor of more Avengers BULLSHIT.

Remember when we all thought Gotham Academy was done for? But DC came through for us. They made sure that book didn't get DiDio'd.

I remember that! Every month just before solicits dropped the handwringing would start, then the celebrations when it went uncanceled. Good times. I think it's sticking around for the long haul at this point.

NOT WRONG THO

BTW, everybody should check out Atomic Robo. Current arc is really fun.

Boogiepop

Oh right, on the matter of Jem, Sophie Campbell is off it, right? Which issue did she go up through, and has the visual identity of the book held together after she left? I'd been enjoying the series quite a bit, but that one was leaning especially hard on the visuals, so I've been kind of worried since I heard about that. But I'm a filthy trade-waiter to a large degree, so I still haven't hit that changeover myself.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Great choices on Image's titles to feature!

Here are my October pulls with my top 6 not featured in the OP.

october.jpg

BIRTHRIGHT #20
THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS #3
BLACK SCIENCE #25
CHEW #59
DEADLY CLASS #23
GREEN VALLEY #1
THE FIX #6
GLITTERBOMB #2
HORIZON #4
THE HUNT #4
I HATE FAIRYLAND #10
KILL OR BE KILLED #3
LAKE OF FIRE #3
LAZARUS #26
MANIFEST DESTINY #24
MONSTRESS #7
MOONSHINE #1
NO MERCY #10
PAPER GIRLS #10
REVIVAL #43
RUMBLE #15
SAGA #39
SEVEN TO ETERNITY #2
SHUTTER #23
SPREAD #17
SURGEON X #2
THE WALKING DEAD #159
WAYWARD #17

Animosity #3
Hex11 #8

Messi

Great choices on Image's titles to feature!

Here are my October pulls with my top 6 not featured in the OP.

october.jpg

BIRTHRIGHT #20
THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS #3
BLACK SCIENCE #25
CHEW #59
DEADLY CLASS #23
GREEN VALLEY #1
THE FIX #6
GLITTERBOMB #2
HORIZON #4
THE HUNT #4
I HATE FAIRYLAND #10
KILL OR BE KILLED #3
LAKE OF FIRE #3
LAZARUS #26
MANIFEST DESTINY #24
MONSTRESS #7
MOONSHINE #1
NO MERCY #10
PAPER GIRLS #10
REVIVAL #43
RUMBLE #15
SAGA #39
SEVEN TO ETERNITY #2
SHUTTER #23
SPREAD #17
SURGEON X #2
THE WALKING DEAD #159
WAYWARD #17

Animosity #3
Hex11 #8

Not even a little bit curious about Millar and Capullos book, reborn?

BTW, making the list for image is fucking unfair. I could have picked 12 or more books to feature.

Sandfox

Comixology is having a sale on the first five issues of current Power Man and Iron Fist run. I highly recommend to this book to everyone.

Young Animals getting its own banner? I look forward to our Hanna-Barbera future.

As many Rebirth books continue sputtering out, you would think I'd turn to the glorious revival of Marvel Now Again. You'd be wrong, since the MU model essentially guarantees I'll trade wait their stuff. I can't justify buying Marvel monthlies, maaaybe one or two books that really interest me.

Image stays winning. Backlogs forever.

Messi

Young Animals getting its own banner? I look forward to our Hanna-Barbera future.

As many Rebirth books continue sputtering out, you would think I'd turn to the glorious revival of Marvel Now Again. You'd be wrong, since the MU model essentially guarantees I'll trade wait their stuff. I can't justify buying Marvel monthlies, maaaybe one or two books that really interest me.

Image stays winning. Backlogs forever.

It just got a banner because it is getting its big launch this month and we wanted to celebrate it.

Image titles are awesome.

Messi

Put those under DC instead of Mohawk Quinn! Or don't,

I am actually not against them having their own banner if it stays as its own thing. I do love the art in its banner. I like getting to highlight lots of books. I did totally forget the Hanna stuff though. Ill be honest about that.

Speaking of those books. I just went looking on Amazon for release dates of the TPs and Flintstones is not out until April 10th 2017. WTF. DC is so bad at trades. All of those books are listed as Vol 1 but Wacky Raceland is just listed as TP. Usually when that is the case it means a book is cancelled. Has that book been quietly killed?

VanWinkle

I can't wait to buy the Hanna-Barbara books when they come out in trade. Especially excited for Future Quest.

^Amazon here lists Flintstones Vol. 1 for March, would would put it around 3-4 months after #6 comes out. Still really long but not long by DC standards.

Sandfox

I am actually not against them having their own banner if it stays as its own thing. I do love the art in its banner. I like getting to highlight lots of books. I did totally forget the Hanna stuff though. Ill be honest about that.

Speaking of those books. I just went looking on Amazon for release dates of the TPs and Flintstones is not out until April 10th 2017. WTF. DC is so bad at trades. All of those books are listed as Vol 1 but Wacky Raceland is just listed as TP. Usually when that is the case it means a book is cancelled. Has that book been quietly killed?

Wacky Raceland is the worst selling one so it's possible.

Owzers

I'm not sure Marvel accepted my MU cancellation. Do they not realize that they are trying to get me to read COMICS?

Sandfox

I just noticed that the next arc of Sonic the Hedgehog is going to adapt Sonic CD. Well that book just jumped up in priority for me lol.

Messi

I finally got around to reading Doom Patrol #1. I fucking love comics sometimes. That was a fun comic. Love two of the characters so far. Art is spectacular.

Phamit

Comixology has a Deadly Class sale

Bought TP 1-3 for 12,56€

I don't even know if I going to like it, but I also thinking about buying TP 4 too. Digital Comics were a mistake

anaron

I think what's really infuriating about Mockingbird's cancellation is the first trade comes out at the end of this month. Maybe see how it does until January or something before axing it, ya idiots.

I wonder what the two books Cain will be writing for. At least Marvel to smart enough to keep her.

I think what's really infuriating about Mockingbird's cancellation is the first trade comes out at the end of this month. Maybe see how it does until January or something before axing it, ya idiots.

I feel like every time Marvel cancels something, it's only because they got an idea for another Avengers book.

mreddie

I feel like every time Marvel cancels something, it's only because they got an idea for another Avengers book.

I'm sure people will get a Solo or Foolkiller book...LOLNOPE. Sadly, I think the digital sales weren't up to snuff.

Also, Bendis prevented Doom Man and Riri anywhere near the Waid teams

Sandfox

I wonder what the two books Cain will be writing for. At least Marvel to smart enough to keep her.

Where did you see that she's writing other books?

I'm sure people will get a Solo or Foolkiller book...LOLNOPE. Sadly, I think the digital sales weren't up to snuff.

Also, Bendis prevented Doom Man and Riri anywhere near the Waid teams
Then how is Doom
joining the Avengers?

Sandfox

If/when we get a new Defenders book who should be on the team? Strange would be my first choice, with some combination of She-Hulk, Thing, and the Netflix team lol.
Same reason why A-Force is getting canned so we can get a Kate book.

Sounds like B,B is gonna build up Doom Man first.

An an angry She-Hulk book.

My statement was kinda dumb because pretty much every cancellation is opportunity cost related lol.

Top Bottom