• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Shit post is shit
Haters_gonna_hate.gif

MG310

That's a hell of a lineup on that jam. Managed to get a few more commissions set up today.

Got this Safari Jacket Wonder Man from Andrew Robinson..came out just as great as I thought it would

and my pre-con Batman/Harley commission from Juan Ferreyra :D

Got into the Doomsday Clock and Runaways panels. They were giving out a few posters, a pin, and the Doomsday Clock Ashcan with those 6 pages on the way out.

I enjoyed the first episode of Runaways. Might have to get Hulu for it.

Messi

That's a hell of a lineup on that jam. Managed to get a few more commissions set up today.

Got this Safari Jacket Wonder Man from Andrew Robinson..came out just as great as I thought it would

Got into the Doomsday Clock and Runaways panels. They were giving out a few posters, a pin, and the Doomsday Clock Ashcan with those 6 pages on the way out.

I was standing right behind you as you got the Juan Ferreyra. I sensed a disturbance in the Harley force.

MG310

I was standing right behind you as you got the Juan Ferreyra. I sensed a disturbance in the Harley force.

:D I had to restrain myself from even looking through Juan's pages otherwise I'd end up dropping 400 on that Suicide Squad double page spread.

I really didn't care for Red lanterns until Soule took over

And Dark wasn't great

His Britannia is great though
Red Lanterns, fine (thought psychological thriller mixed with eldritch horror was a cool take), but THAT will not stand. That is a strong supernatural superhero book. It's just all-around good.

Until DeMatteis. Then that shit tanked. Milligan and Lemire did good work.
Is this just wishful thinking or are you referring to something?
He hates the O5

VeeP

....So. Both Wolverines stay? Man Marvel's making me not wanna read their shit. It's like they're trying to make their comics as confusing as possible.

Scott is the OG. And the O5 can GTFO.

Eh, it won't really be confusing for us. Only new readers, am I wrong? But man, there's a shit load of Wolverine's.

Wolverine, OML, X23, Daken, Jimmy, Gabby, and maybe Raze if he's still present? Then you also have Sabertooth and others. Reminds me of the Spider-family actually lol.

As for the O5, I'll be honest I like young Scott. I really liked his adventures as a Space Pirate, I like him in Champions. Dude's just trying to do the right thing. As for the rest, eh...

Sandfox

Eh, it won't really be confusing for us. Only new readers, am I wrong? But man, there's a shit load of Wolverine's.

Wolverine, OML, X23, Daken, Jimmy, Gabby, and maybe Raze if he's still present? Then you also have Sabertooth and others. Reminds me of the Spider-family actually lol.

As for the O5, I'll be honest I like young Scott. I really liked his adventures as a Space Pirate, I like him in Champions. Dude's just trying to do the right thing. As for the rest, eh...

New readers are coming in after seeing Logan though.

Don’t forget Hulkverine who just got his own book.
Spider vs X

May 2018
...Is this a joke? I can’t tell with modern Marvel.

McDuffie, Hudlin stuff. Was that ever cleared up?

Look at this insane art jam
dope!

those are yours?!?!?! I saw them online! good pickups!!

Marvel canned the Grumman thing.
Just the presentation! AFAIK, the partnership is still on

edit: I was wrong, the partnership is done too ayyy lmao

Johns said he and Frank could have done anything they wanted to do, from more Shazam, Batman or, he throws out surprisingly, Hulk. He points out the feeling of Watchmen as sacrilegious, and that Doomsday Clock is something else, they are not changing anything about the original.

Iron Fist spoilers question:

Since when was Constrictor dead? I know in All-New Captain America he was diagnosed with cancer, and Diamondback joined the Serpent Society to pay for his treatment, but did he ever get shown dying, or is it just being assumed here and it happened off-screen?

Iron Fist spoilers question:

Since when was Constrictor dead? I know in All-New Captain America he was diagnosed with cancer, and Diamondback joined the Serpent Society to pay for his treatment, but did he ever get shown dying, or is it just being assumed here and it happened off-screen?
We were apparently supposed to read one of the panels as
him dying with her at his side and her then not being able to afford their apartment due to having taken time off to help care for him and lost her job.

Zombine

Banned
I am glad I can say I was at that panel as Watchmen 2 unfolded. This is something I can tell my future kids about, who will then call me a nerd and not care.

I am glad I can say I was at that panel as Watchmen 2 unfolded. This is something I can tell my future kids about, who will then call me a nerd and not care.
You got a ex of the preview?

Is the only book Marvel has announced thus far Weapon H/Hulkverine?

I still don't know if I dislike King's batman or not. Finisher reading volume 3 (I am Bane). There were some good bits in it (Bane's gauntlet in Arkham), the Batman/Gotham Girl conversation and the Good Boy mini-issue. But a lot more of it was hackneyed and boring.

Reading Wonder Woman (Perez) at the same time, I am starting to realise I am also getting tired of the continuous inside baseball of these books. It is always about looking inward and fixing continuity and relationships between the capes & "their" villains and inside references. Like you are at a party where everyone else knows everyone else and they just nudge each other and make in-jokes. Side characters (Gordon and Alfred here in this volume) are reduced to one-liners as representations of their characters and their only point of existing seems to be to direct the screen and focus towards the capes and villains again..

And with that volume, I hit my 1000 issues target for this year! That's a lot of comics....

tim1138

🤣🤣

"Ok you kids are old enough, I'm going to tell you the story of how I met your Rorschach"

At the “Marvel Legacy: X-Men” panel, Axel Alonso said both of those titles are five-issues long, but could become ongoings if demand was strong enough. The panel largely became a discussion of the resurrections of Wolverine, Professor X and the adult Jean Grey in, respectively, “Marvel Legacy,” “Astonishing X-Men” and “Phoenix: Resurrection,” which led to it being mentioned that there are no plans to bring back adult Cyclops.

:(

Some Nobody

Man, in some form or another I've followed X-Men for 10 years now but I think I might be done for a little bit. Reviving everyone except Scott. Leaving Emma crazy. Gimmicky shit like Weapon H. 50 X-Comics.

It's like N52 Green Lantern, where it's more annoying to read a fav. character than to miss out on them every month.

I'm very hyped for Grand Design, though.

Top Bottom