• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

VanWinkle

Red Hood and the Outlaws
Sinestro
Red Lanterns
Grayson
Green Arrow
Superman (or Action Comics. I can't recall which. It involved Billy Batson pretending to be Superman after he was killed)
Swamp Thing
Earth 2
Phantom Stranger

Were all decent to great.

Harley Quinn
Batman

Were average

Suicide Squad
Justice League Dark
Batgirl
Pandora

Were all terrible. Never read the core event, and I didn't even read all of the tie-ins.

I've read about half of these and would agree.

Got around to giving batman rip a go

do wonder if one of these days i'll be able to read a long grant morrison comic without my eyes eventually glazing over whole chunks of the text.

Aizo

Banned
In response to the Wall of Shame. You guys really were slacking. I shouldn't be up there.
Guess I should spend less time on gaf this month.
Suicide Squad
Justice League Dark
Batgirl
Pandora

Were all terrible. Never read the core event, and I didn't even read all of the tie-ins.
Justice League Dark is that bad? I bought the Lemire volumes the other month :(
I'll probably still like it just because of how much I love Horror.

Justice League Dark is that bad? I bought the Lemire volumes the other month :(
I'll probably still like it just because of how much I love Horror.
Oh no, the book is great. The first three trades are spectacular (read nothing past those). I'm strictly referring to the Future's End one-shots in that post.

Aizo

Banned
I think I'll pick up the first volume of X-Men blue in this sale. Maybe. Is it actually good, or it's just not bad? I don't wanna read generic crap, even if it's with characters I like. I do wanna know what's going on in the X-Men universe. I'm only reading Astonishing.
Oh no, the book is great. The first three trades are spectacular (read nothing past those). I'm strictly referring to the Future's End one-shots in that post.
Oh, good. I was worried for a moment there.

Sandfox

I like how this BOGO sale doesn't have restrictions like certain others.

I think I'll pick up the first volume of X-Men blue in this sale. Maybe. Is it actually good, or it's just not bad? I don't wanna read generic crap, even if it's with characters I like. I do wanna know what's going on in the X-Men universe. I'm only reading Astonishing.

I'm enjoying Blue so far. From what I've seen opinion on the book really depends on how one feels about the time displaced characters.

Aizo

Banned
I like how this BOGO sale doesn't have restrictions like certain others.

I'm enjoying Blue so far. From what I've seen opinion on the book really depends on how one feels about the time displaced characters.
They're not my favorite, but maybe I could grow to like them more haha
I mostly just hate them conceptually.

Just to chime in on the whole Sean Murphy stuff.

I'm glad other people have picked up on this, cos I've been watching it slowly unfold the last couple of weeks and wincing. He's clearly trying to have his cake and eat it. To have the comic be political but not have any answers or take a side which is such bullshit. I already get the feeling the book will end poorly because of this. I get that he may not want to alienate people but he has to accept that will happen in the US's political climate.

Also him attacking journalists as only selling advertising won't win him any coverage.

It's wierd because Tom King's work is very political but he doesn't really put it across like that so it doesn't get railed on.

caliph95

Blue is actually really good

Thank for the new thread Messi and Freeza :) plenty to look forward to again this month with DC Metal and tie ins, Marvel Legacy 1, last issue of Secret Weapons and more Hi Fi Fight Club (now if I could only actually track down a copy of the first issue of it ha and if anyone says go digitial I am likely to just put my fingers in my ears and hum over you)

Latest Saga issue was great as usual, I don't know how they keep managing to roll out these heartfelt moments every week but they manage it, the feels after Hazels conversation at the end of the issue :(. Though after reading it I did have two main thoughts:

Do you think Hazel is actually going to be a singer when she grows up? The way it was mentioned makes me think that conversation was important, plus her mom was in showbiz for a while there kind of

Also, Petri just no, you can do a lot lot better than that broken tv head

Guys... he's still trying to sell some comicbooks in the end. It's not like his actual story's going to change since a lot of it is finished by now. He's just saying this stuff so people will buy his products.

And he brings up in other tweets that he's been getting harassed by trolls and is clearly worried it'll damaged the comic's word of mouth.

If he wants to be wishy-washy and doesn't want to stand behind his writing, maybe he shouldn't exploit the current topics (that affect a lot of people) in his books?

Shiiiiiiit. Ennis Punisher AND Planet Hulk omnis next week? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Next week (and September/October in general) is big!

Brace yourselves (
anyone still collecting physical comics i.e.
) for next Tuesday.

Criminal OHC v1
Criminal OHC v2
Incognito OHC
Harley Quinn Omnibus (Connor/Palmiotti)
Planet Hulk Omnibus
Punisher Back to the War Omnibus
Punisher (Ennis) Omnibus
Darth Vader Omnibus (Gillen/Larroca)

Ross61

He doesn't even have to say anything. It would sold regardless.

So many of him and Spencer's problems could've been avoided by just keeping quiet.

Saw IMAX Inhumans...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are just encouraging them!

c8e.gif

Ross61

That's what I was saying earlier. Just. Stop. Talking.
Like it's fine that you wanted to be a centrist/both sides are equally wrong(I guess) type of person, but if you're writing a book with a specific message that clearly chooses a side you should just shut up.

Like it's fine that you wanted to be a centrist/both sides are equally wrong(I guess) type of person, but if you're writing a book with a specific message that clearly chooses a side you should just shut up.

Also saying "TDKR would have been by issue 2" doesn't actually help his argument. No it wouldn't. Miller's more fascist Batman is a logical progression of the character but also strongly reflects the times in which they were made. Hopefully just like Sean Murphy's series is doing. Unless it isn't then what is it for?

I've got to issue 88 of the walking dead with the rise of the governor and I was just wondering if someone could clarify if the books tie into the comic series or the TV series and if the comic series, when should I read them?

I've got to issue 88 of the walking dead with the rise of the governor and I was just wondering if someone could clarify if the books tie into the comic series or the TV series and if the comic series, when should I read them?

TV / Novels are completely separate from the comics. They share some similar events here and there but the show diverges pretty early on from the comic series.

Messi

Customers have event fatigue and are sick of events... I know what we can do. Make every book it's own event.

Top Bottom