• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comics - September 2011 |OT| DC's nU Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

AYszTYxCMAEb2dL.jpg:large

Satchwar said:
The only good that could possibly come out of that relationship is the inevitable perfect child that's stronger, smarter, richer, and more beautiful than any other being on the planet.

And she (yes a girl) would have a golden bat breastplate instead of the eagle like Diana.
*shrug* The endgame isn't really the point; it's the tantalizing fun of the relationship itself, and its largely untapped (due to past editorial mandates) potential for adventurous stories in the hands of a capable writer, that I'd most look forward to.

Ka1If.jpg

Satch

Banned
Slayven said:
So Batman is getting Superman's sloppy seconds?
this is representative of exactly why i don't want her with either of them

i don't want the most important female character in all of comics being another notch on either of their belts

no fucking thanks

Slayven

Satchwar said:
this is representative of exactly why i don't want her with either of them

i don't want the most important female character in all of comics being another notch on either of their belts

no fucking thanks
Personally the only chick I can see Batman being serious with is the anthromorphized spirit of Gotham. Otherwise he is asexual. I wonder if in the DCnU Hal still had that threesome with Huntress and Lady blackhawk?

Urban Scholar said:
On deck for, action comics #1, teen titans # 1, grifter #1, and batman & robin #1

You are the first person I've heard that sees that title as appealing. I'm gonna get it out of loyalty to the team itself, but that could change pretty quickly.

Slayven

brucewaynegretzky said:
You are the first person I've heard that sees that title as appealing. I'm gonna get it out of loyalty to the team itself, but that could change pretty quickly.
I am going to keep an eye on it in hopes Gen13 or DV8 shows up.

Satch

Banned
Slayven said:
Personally the only chick I can see Batman being serious with is the anthromorphized spirit of Gotham. Otherwise he is asexual. I wonder if in the DCnU Hal still had that threesome with Huntress and Lady blackhawk?
is this for real

Penguin

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Probably gonna pickup Action Comics, Swamp Thing, Static Shock and something else tomorrow.

From early word, it seems like Stormwatch or Detective Comics are safe bets.

Slayven said:
So Batman is getting Superman's sloppy seconds?
Really? "Sloppy Seconds"?

Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor, Superman, Trevor Barnes, that experimental phase she went through on Themiscyra...

Batman: Selina Kyle, Talia Al Ghul, Zatanna Zatara, Silver St. Cloud, Vicki Vale, Dawn Golden, Sasha Bordeaux, Vesper Fairchild, Jezebel Jet, Julie Madison, Lois Lane (sorry Clark), Barbara Gordon (sorry Dick), Dick Grayson (sorry Dick), Black Canary (sorry Ollie), Orion's wife Bekka (sorry Orion), Dr. Chase Meridian, Rachel Dawes, Andrea Beaumont, that time Poison Ivy gassed him and they...

But yea, Bruce is totally the one getting "sloppy seconds". [/sarcasm]

EDIT: I agree with you, Satchwar, that the "notch on bedpost" attitude needs to go. But a capable writer, one that's sensible and respectful of both characters, would never be so dismissive, callous, and immature about a potential romance between those two.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
brucewaynegretzky said:
No, I'm up there with him. As well as red hood.

Nesotenso

Well there is always Joe Kelly's run and DCAU for Batman/WW shippers. I like the relationship because I like DCAU much more than the DC comics.

So I know we're really just going to be talking about DC in here, I have to say this randomly. They've revealed yet another person siding with Cyke in this whole post Schism crap, it's Psylocke....but the weird thing is she's also on Wolv's team. kek, god Schism is so boring.

Nesotenso

Angelus Errare said:
So I know we're really just going to be talking about DC in here, I have to say this randomly. They've revealed yet another person siding with Cyke in this whole post Schism crap, it's Psylocke....but the weird thing is she's also on Wolv's team. kek, god Schism is so boring.

Yeah I dunno how that is going to work. I would rather have not any roster changes on X-Force and I hope Warren survives unscathed. Don't want him and Betsy to be split up.

Parallax

Angelus Errare said:

betsy siding with scott doesnt shock me. she fits in with his current ideals. and she still wants to tap that.

Greg Pak's final Hulk story is a lot of fun even if I disagree with the post-Ultimates sexualization of the Hulks.

Still - if all Marvel comics were as fun as this they'd be worth buying. Unfortunately Pak's Savage Land run was not as enjoyable as this. Weird.

Nesotenso

Parallax said:
i like the flow, and female panther is a good thing. but that chibi shit can take a hike, i hope that was a one time deal.

Well I like the art style better than Spectacular and the animation itself seems on par. The writing on Spectacular was great and I hope it is the case with USM as well. With the involvement of Dini , Bendis and Man of Action group I am looking forward to it. Also it seems there will be a lot of team ups in this which you couldn't do in Spectacular because Sony was producing that. From the descriptions at Comic Con and the Clark Glegg interview it seemed like Fury plays a big part in this and story seems to be like what the USM comic would have been with Peter training with the Ultimates before his untimely demise.

Yeah, hope they don't break the fourth wall too often and female panther is actually White Tiger. The costume matches what I think the new version is going to wear in Avengers Academy.

rcbpe.jpg

Parallax

Nesotenso said:
Well I like the art style better than Spectacular and the animation itself seems on par. The writing on Spectacular was great and I hope it is the case with USM as well. With the involvement of Dini , Bendis and Man of Action group I am looking forward to it. Also it seems there will be a lot of team ups in this which you couldn't do in Spectacular because Sony was producing that. From the descriptions at Comic Con and the Clark Glegg interview it seemed like Fury plays a big part in this and story seems to be like what the USM comic would have been with Peter training with the Ultimates before his untimely demise.

Yeah, hope they don't break the fourth wall too often and female panther is actually White Tiger. The costume matches what I think the new version is going to wear in Avengers Academy.

rcbpe.jpg

so man of action is behind the animation on this? thats pretty good. this is airing on disney xd i presume?

The Take Out Bandit said:
Greg Pak's final Hulk story is a lot of fun even if I disagree with the post-Ultimates sexualization of the Hulks.

Still - if all Marvel comics were as fun as this they'd be worth buying. Unfortunately Pak's Savage Land run was not as enjoyable as this. Weird.

yea, I'm bummed he dropped out of Hulk

ReiGun

brucewaynegretzky said:
It was a throwaway line with Ollie or Roy in one comic a while back if I remember correctly. People jumped on it for being chauvinistic, despite it being in character for Hal.
Later on in Birds of Prey, the ladies said the threesome never happened, and that Hal just fell asleep drunk on the couch.

Ultimate Spider-Man may actually be able to fill the void left in my heart after Spectacular bit the dust.

Nesotenso

Parallax said:
so man of action is behind the animation on this? thats pretty good. this is airing on disney xd i presume?

Yes they are producers and writers like Bendis and Dini. They had a writer's room approach to the show and I think the initial aim is for 26 episodes. It will be produced by Marvel 100% ( no licencing out) and Disney XD will air it.

mjc said:
Is that Gabriel Ba's art up higher in the thread? New Umbrella Academy?

Yes, from Casanova: Avarita # 1 out tomorrow.

Penguin said:
From early word, it seems like Stormwatch or Detective Comics are safe bets.
Seems like I'll go with Stormwatch since it has martian the Manhunter. And I'm glad the Ultimate Spiderman teaser looked crisp, hopefully a large chunk of episodes are produced.

Slayven

Nesotenso said:

rcbpe.jpg
Avengers Academy is so fucking awesome.

Slayven

krypt0nian said:
Nothing is as bad as Iwata's Folly. Didio is a prince among men in comparison.
I so love this thread, very few places I could make that joke and someone would get it. That is why I kind of love the "LOL comics" attitude a lot of GAF have. It means we have our cool hidden fort to hang out in.

bangai-o said:
3ds is getting a Monster Hunter...

3DS is in full on panic mode.

Slayven said:
I so love this thread, very few places I could make that joke and someone would get it. That is why I kind of love the "LOL comics" attitude a lot of GAF have. It means we have our cool hidden fort to hang out in.

Exactly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom