• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comics - September 2011 |OT| DC's nU Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Did a search and couldn't find one made for this month. :X

Full Diamond Listing

Comic Shop Locator

Solicits and previews for September 2011

Newsarama: DC Comics

Newsarama: Marvel Comics

Newsarama: Image & Top Cow

CBR: IDW Publishing

Newsarama: Dynamite

Newsarama: Dark Horse

Online Subscription Services for Monthly Comics:

Marvel Comics / DC Comics / Midtown Comics / Mile High Comics / Things From Another World / My Comic Shop / DCBS

--------------------

MARVEL
Releasing This Week

COMIC OF THE WEEK:
JUL110623 SPIDER-ISLAND AVENGERS #1 SPI $2.99
FCLbel.jpg

When a spider-powered villain attacks the United Nations, the
 Avengers are spread too thin... and must turn to the one man who can save them all: Frog-Man! Plus, Squirrel Girl takes on the most unlikely foe of all!

Rp55x.jpg
pSprz.jpg
fz6eV.jpg
XoZEw.jpg
pBPVp.jpg

kuS7j.jpg
SbmLu.jpg
kbOan.jpg
T6WxR.jpg
hqbdJ.jpg

v1qYy.jpg
wDXfg.jpg
gEIt4.jpg
NPVqy.jpg
FSP9i.jpg

uPV6L.jpg
7iVtz.jpg
39xRu.jpg
riqca.jpg
iY00B.jpg

FZLAV.jpg

JUL110662 AVENGERS EARTHS MIGHTIEST HEROES MAGAZINE #1 $9.99
JUL110708 CASANOVA AVARITIA #1 (OF 4) (MR) $4.99
JUL110705 DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER BATTLE OF TULL #4 (OF 5) $3.99
JUL110604 FEAR ITSELF WOLVERINE #3 (OF 3) FEAR $2.99
APR110558 HALO FALL OF REACH COVENANT #3 (OF 4) (MR) $3.99
JUL110599 HEROES FOR HIRE #11 FEAR $2.99
JUL110649 HULK #40 $2.99
JUL110654 MOON KNIGHT #5 $3.99
JUL110676 MYSTIC #2 (OF 4) $2.99
JUL110630 NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 $4.99
JUL110655 PUNISHER #3 $2.99
JUL110641 RED SKULL #3 (OF 5) $2.99
JUL110628 SPIDER-ISLAND I LOVE NEW YORK CITY #1 SPI $3.99
JUL110661 SPIDER-MAN POWER COMES RESPONSIBILITY #6 (OF 7) $3.99
JUL110644 THOR HEAVEN AND EARTH #4 (OF 4) $2.99
JUL110671 THUNDERBOLTS #163 $2.99
JUL110691 WOLVERINE #15 $3.99
JUL110690 WOLVERINE DEBT OF DEATH #1 $3.99
JUL110695 X-23 #14 $2.99
JUL110697 X-FACTOR #224 POINT ONE $2.99
JUL110682 X-MEN #17 $3.99

notworksafe

For you, it was the day I sniped your thread. For me, it was Tuesday.

But I mostly just figured everyone was drunk/lazy yesterday and the list was out. :(

notworksafe said:
For you, it was the day I sniped your thread. For me, it was Tuesday.

But I mostly just figured everyone was drunk/lazy yesterday and the list was out. :(

Why has the technology for me throwing this coffee mug at you through the Internet not been perfected yet?!

At the very least our topic was superior. Maybe we can get a mod to patch it up - and we'll just add our pieces as it goes.

This Savage Dragon write up. . . :(

notworksafe

bangai-o said:
Spider Island is the comic of the week? *barf
Frog-Man and Squirrel Girl!

Also didn't post my comic buying list for the week...
Mystic
Avengers
New Avengers
Action
Static Shock

Gonna wait and see on a lot of these DCnU books. My friend is already planning on grabbing everything Bat-related so I'll probably read whatever he grabs as well.

Garryk

Is anyone buying Moon Knight? I've been loving the other Big Shots books but I haven't picked this one up.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Garryk said:
Is anyone buying Moon Knight? I've been loving the other Big Shots books but I haven't picked this one up.

ive read the first 4 , i like it , very distinct art style and its basically a detective type book , like daredevil or batman. You may or may not like the fact that he talks to himself due to having different personas in his head and visually they manifest themselves as spiderman, cap, and wolverine.

notworksafe

Oh, Penny Arcade made me laugh yesterday. Supes does kinda make the rest of the JLA look like lames. :p Finishing All-Star has made me even more convinced of that.

lvkZA.jpg

imoTEP12

DonasaurusRex said:
ive read the first 4 , i like it , very distinct art style and its basically a detective type book , like daredevil or batman. You may or may not like the fact that he talks to himself due to having different personas in his head and visually they manifest themselves as spiderman, cap, and wolverine.

Pretty much this, i have really been enjoying it. My favorite issue so far is where echo and him first teamed up.

Magnus

How is X-Men (vol. 3)? I've only been reading X-Men (vol 1, Uncanny) and X-Men (vol 2, Legacy) over the years, and regarded them as two halves of a whole. But I've been out of the loop for a year or so and didn't pick up on this third volume.

I'd always thought Astonishing was meant to be the third core X-Title...is that still going?

Hey ComicGAF. I've recently wanted to get into comics and figure (with DC at least) now is a good time to get in. I've always been peripherally interested in comics and read a TPB every now and then, but have never really gotten into reading weekly singles.

That being said, I think I'm pretty solid on what I'm interested in from DC, but am at a complete loss as to check out from other publishers, all I really know I'm interested in is New Avengers. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edit: Also what is the best way to get back issues of issues that aren't compiled into a tpb? Talk to my local shop guy? Somewhere online? Ebay?

Edit 2: What about Marvel's Digital stuff? How is that?

X-Men v3 is, well... I decided to drop it recently. The initial vampire arc was a lot of fun; but the Spidey team-up and "First to Last" weren't at all what I thought they would be, the latter being especially disappointing. Now they're doing a FF team-up that shows promise, but after "First to Last" paying $4 a month for this book just seems like too much.

Astonishing is still going, but it's not really a "core" X-book... It's more of a writer/artist showcase series, that seems to tell self-contained stories that don't impact the X-continuity in significant ways. Its mission statement seems to overlap with X-Men v3 in that respect, so I imagine they're fighting for the same audience.

Xater

I am also back reading stuff because of DC to be honest. I am really excited about the new 52. This is the stuff I want to check out tomorrow:

ACTION COMICS #1
ANIMAL MAN #1
DETECTIVE COMICS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #1
SWAMP THING #1

Not sure about Stormwatch and Green Arrow.

FoneBone

Xater said:
I am also back reading stuff because of DC to be honest. I am really excited about the new 52. That is the stuff I want to check out tomorrow:

ACTION COMICS #1
ANIMAL MAN #1
DETECTIVE COMICS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #1
SWAMP THING #1

Not sure about Stormwatch and Green Arrow.
Urgh, Stormwatch should definitely take precedence over shitty Tony Daniel and Dan Jurgens books. With you on the other three, though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Such a skimpy, but dense week. Really looking forward to new Punisher/Sweet Tooth and Batgirl.

My shop put together a bunch of the Flashpoint comics into packs so I might pick up a couple tomorrow.

Xater

FoneBone said:
Urgh, Stormwatch should definitely take precedence over shitty Tony Daniel and Dan Jurgens books. With you on the other three, though.

I'm a sucker for Batman so....

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
damnit, i gotta remember to pick up issues of the new moon knight. im a few issues behind apparently. and the satch/take out co-op murder suicide is pretty funny.

notworksafe

The list still says they are shipping tomorrow, so I assume everything is still on schedule.

Fake Edit: Called my LCS and they said they'll have books tomorrow. Not sure if yours will but it's probably safe to assume so.

FoneBone said:

I wish Saiz was drawing Stormwatch instead of whoever they got, though. The art isn't doing much for me at all.

Satch

Banned
new52checklist-1.jpg

i'm done for the rest of the month :D

i'm just kidding. i'll post my real one when i get out of class :(

On the bright side, it looks like DC's relaunch is going to cut down my weekly purchases so much that I'll actually be able to make some headway into this backlog of floppies and trades that's been building up.

Thanks DC! :D

Nesotenso

bangai-o said:
Spider Island is the comic of the week? *barf

The preview looked like it might be a fun one shot. Most of the tie ins for Spider island have been excellent so far and can be read on their own.

ReiGun

Stormwatch is the book to get, eh? I wasn't too interested in it to be honest.

This week: Action, Static, Batgirl, SI: Avengers.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
f0rk said:
How far off is the next Walking Dead trade? I got #14 on the weekend...O M G

I'm pretty sure it's every 5 issues (5 months), plus an extra month or so for printing. Just be thankful you're not a Hardcover trade waiter like me :( I'm still waiting for book 7.

wenis said:
I'm pretty sure it's every 5 issues (5 months), plus an extra month or so for printing. Just be thankful you're not a Hardcover trade waiter like me :( I'm still waiting for book 7.
I feel your pain, worth it though to get a nice big chunk to read through, I think it's due in October?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Momo said:
Is Thor any good these days?

the mighty thor and journey into mystery are two of the best books marvel has going atm imho. These are more of fantasy and cosmic level stories than thor on earth though so maybe its not your thing. Loki is the real deal in these books, he does his thing and you just crack a smile at the mischief he accomplishes. Oliver Copiel is great fit for thor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom