• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Out On Top (An Adult Gay Dating Sim) |OT| I'm gay, high five!

How do I sleep with Ian?

Go to the frat party and arrange the threesome for him ("he has a big heart"), then don't take advantage of him when he's drunk. The rest is fairly straight forward, just make sure to agree to return the sex toy when Penny asks you to.

So er..how do you even get
Brad?

Don't agree to write the paper for him, tell him you can offer him a education, and to put his good points near the beginning and end of his essay when you're tutoring him

Rayis

I just played the demo and I quite liked it, Ian is the best guy, totally would go for him

also,
the dream he had with Alex was pretty damn hot, I want to be an anatomy professor now

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Go to the frat party and arrange the threesome for him ("he has a big heart"), then don't take advantage of him when he's drunk. The rest is fairly straight forward, just make sure to agree to return the sex toy when Penny asks you to.

This is one of the strangest spoilers I've ever highlighted.

... Hmm. Might get this. Haven't played a VN in a while. Eh, I hope I don't get bored of it halfway. That happens a lot to me when it comed to VNs. :c Still, it looks fun~

Good OP, too!

I tried that on my first playthrough with him and he failed.

I wonder if it's something else, because I'm sure that's what I did and it was fine.
Maybe you can't look at the picture on his computer, because it makes him think you're straight?
. I got it my first time so I'm not really sure how it doesn't work out.

Stopping by! Great OP Hours Left, will definitely get the game next week.
❤️❤️❤️ Thanks. :)

kinda pricey...how long is the game?

hopefully the latter
About 3-4 hours for one play through, but there are seven routes right now with multiple endings, good and bad. Another full route and seven more mini- routes/ dates are going to be added next year, and they are free for everyone.

Some of the routes are pretty tough to find too, so there is lots of replay value.

I love you for making this OT, Hours.

Great game. Really funny, super hot. Love it.

Your roommate... Unf.
Thanks. Your support means a lot. :D ❤️

I feel like Jed is pretty underrated.
He's such a pervert, and so fucking sweet, magical combo imo
I agree. He's is awesome. I like all the guys a lot.

I actually designed his stage outfit in the game. Backers were allowed to submit costume designs, and my outfit for Jed won the popular vote. :)

Sorry I can't keep up with all the comments right now, I'm at work, but I'll try to answer more questions tonight.

Kazerei

Banned
I just finished the demo, and WOW, the writing is amazing. Each character is interesting and unique, and the dialogue is warm and funny. I fucking love how upfront I can be with Ian bwahahaha.

Will definitely try this sometime, although I prefer more slim men I want to show support for projects that have different interests at heart.

Monocle

(Mostly) Spoiler-free walkthrough for all of the major storylines. It's pretty thorough. Helped me find a lot of good scenes that I'd missed.

(Hope this hasn't been posted yet.)

I feel like Jed is pretty underrated.
He's such a pervert, and so fucking sweet, magical combo imo
Definitely. His personality was a pleasant surprise.

Regarding Ian:
If you do take advantage of him you get one of my favorite sex scenes. He's a pretty kinky boy considering his inexperience with other guys.

Ian was my favorite from the beginning. The demo was such a damn cocktease, dropping hints that you could hook up with him but never actually giving you the chance. I love how in the full game he has the biggest variety of sex scenes out of all the guys. Ian was one of the main reasons I bought this game, and I was not disappointed.

About 3-4 hours for one play through, but there are seven routes right now with multiple endings, good and bad. Another full route and seven more mini- routes/ dates are going to be added next year, and they are free for everyone.

Some of the routes are pretty tough to find too, so there is lots of replay value.
The individual storylines are kind of short, but there are way more scene variations and obscure branches than I expected. You definitely get your money's worth.

I had no idea that much new content is going to be added. Can't wait!

Thanks. Your support means a lot. :D ❤️
<3

I actually designed his stage outfit in the game. Backers were allowed to submit costume designs, and my outfit for Jed won the popular vote. :)

Sorry I can't keep up with all the comments right now, I'm at work, but I'll try to answer more questions tonight.
That's so awesome!

-Kees-

I'm not gay but a friend on Twitter convinced me to play through the demo and I tweeted as I played the game. I really enjoyed it and I ended up buying it and will continue playing it later.

I'm playing it on an laptop I got at a garage sale for $10. Anything but a potato will run it.

Sai-kun

Banned
I feel like the CG is taking a lot of inspiration from Mentaiko. If it were black and white it could easily pass for something out of Priapus.

That "impossibly large, beautifully carved statue of a man" pose is also very Mentaiko.

I'm here for thissssss

moozoom

I've been following the game since the kickstarter, so of course I bought it as soon as I got the release announcement!

The guys are not really my type, but the beard and hair option is a step in the right direction. (Let's hope some of the future dates will have some bearish or stocky guys).

Just finished my first playthrough, ended with brad while secretly hoping his brother beau would be datable too... the writing is funny and there seems to be a lot of little variations depending on your choices.

My only gripe is that the cg's and character art are quite different in style even if they are nicely drawn. Overall the game is quite polished, and glad to support this sort of VN with my purchase.

Hm, odd I never heard of this. Looks super duper interesting.

I'll look into this when I have free time, though none of the guys at first glance really do much for me.

Crayons

Banned

Wow!
That was the hottest scene ever

oni_saru

Omg Jed will be my boo #1. Followed by Brad *p*

Thx for this OT!! Gonna buy it later this week and hopefully play it during the weekend!

Meicyn

Gold Member
Got Brad on my first playthrough. I'm a sucker for red-heads IRL, and athletes in general. Like a moth to a flame.

Neat game. It's interesting that a few years back, I'd have never considered playing something like this. I guess Bioware's romance options in their games have made my feelings evolve on this kind of content.

IvorB

Got Brad on my first playthrough. I'm a sucker for red-heads IRL, and athletes in general. Like a moth to a flame.

Neat game. It's interesting that a few years back, I'd have never considered playing something like this. I guess Bioware's romance options in their games have made my feelings evolve on this kind of content.

Yeah Bioware blazed a trail for dating sims everywhere. Hopefully they can come through with some romance options of this caliber for their next game. I don't even know how I would choose between Ian, Alex or Brad.

WarAdept

Yeah Bioware blazed a trail for dating sims everywhere. Hopefully they can come through with some romance options of this caliber for their next game. I don't even know how I would choose between Ian, Alex or Brad.

Maybe down the line they'll add the option of a foursome.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Ian was a really, really close second.

Oh God, I'm discussing fictional love options like a teen girl reading through a romance novel. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME BIOWARE.

Oh cool! That's another thing that I admire about Obscura. A lot of fan input, responding to comments, etc, the amount of work she had to do in addition to simply producing the game would have overwhelmed me.

Definitely. His personality was a pleasant surprise.

Regarding Ian:
If you do take advantage of him you get one of my favorite sex scenes. He's a pretty kinky boy considering his inexperience with other guys.

Ian was my favorite from the beginning. The demo was such a damn cocktease, dropping hints that you could hook up with him but never actually giving you the chance. I love how in the full game he has the biggest variety of sex scenes out of all the guys. Ian was one of the main reasons I bought this game, and I was not disappointed.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to like him but I was really surprised.

Oh, I have to go back and do that, now :p

I like Ian's character, but just from my personal preference I kind of wish his route was less the whole questioning my sexuality thing, because Ian's default personality is really charming but then you see less of it. I can appreciate why that plot was there, it didn't feel like melodrama or anything, but idk. Maybe it's that the routes are all a bit short, would have been nice to see everything kind of go back to normal after it gets worked out instead of just *boom* married.

Wow!
That was the hottest scene ever

Best sex scene in the game, probably. Obscura seems partial to Ian and I can't blame her.

This, i guess you have to like bodybuilders to appreciate the game.

The characters are fun.

Top Bottom