• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Injustice 2, PES 2021 Season Update, Torchlight III, and More

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/05/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-january-2021/

Coming Soon

eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (Android and Console) – January 7

Take the pitch with Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, the legendary Diego Maradona, and more in one of the most celebrated sports video game series, eFootball PES. Play with friends in online co-op, head-to-head matches, and take part in real-life soccer events with Matchday Mode. Now in its 25th year, there has never been a better time to experience the fun and fluid gameplay of PES and discover why it is considered a cornerstone for soccer video games.

Injustice 2 (Android, Console, and PC) – January 7
Injustice 2 is the super-powered sequel to the hit fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us that allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Injustice 2 continues the cinematic storyline as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together but struggle against those who would restore Superman’s Regime.

The Little Acre (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 7
The Little Acre takes place in 1950s Ireland and follows the story of Aidan and his daughter Lily. After discovering clues to the whereabouts of his missing father, Aidan inadvertently finds himself transported to a strange new world. Featuring full voice acting and hand-drawn animation, The Little Acre is a memorable, lovingly crafted adventure game.

Neoverse (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
Neoverse is a beautiful, fantastic game consisting of adventures with thrilling challenges. It is a strategic, action, rogue-lite, deck building game that will test the player’s skill. Start an adventure with unique heroes to save the world along various timelines.

Torchlight III (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – January 14
In Torchlight III, Novastraia is again under threat of invasion and it’s up to you to defend against the Netherim and its allies. Gather your wits and brave the frontier to find fame, glory, and a new adventure!

What Remains of Edith Finch (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
What Remains of Edith Finch is a collection of short stories about a family in Washington state. Follow Edith as she explores her family history through these stories and tries to figure out why she’s the last one in her family left alive.

YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (PC) ID@Xbox – January 14
This surreal JRPG-styled game set in 1999 has college graduate Alex witnessing a woman vanish from an elevator. He soon rounds up a band of misfits from the Internet to investigate her disappearance, employing vinyl LPs, cameras, and other oddities in battles that blend twitch-based minigames with turn-based combat, as they brave booby-trapped factories and puzzle-ridden caves in search of the truth.
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_1.7.2021_JPG.jpg

Leaving January 15
  • FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)
  • My Friend Pedro (Console and PC)
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Console)
  • Tekken 7 (Console)

Last edited:
Well, nothing there for me. This looks more like Games with Gold or PS+ than a GamePass list.

Which games are we losing this month?

ivan.k

So that email from Melissa few days ago was about PES? PES 2020 left GP and people were sad and now it returns as PES 21 Seasonal Updates.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am glad torchlight 3 bombed that hard,
fuck those phonies

Last edited:
These games are kinda meh, I got PES 2021 on PS4 to use Option Files with a USB which Xbox still doesn't allow you to do.

For anyone who has played Torchlight 3 how is it? I've wanted to get it but wasn't sure if it was good or bad.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Well that’s not very good, at least we have the Medium and Cyber Shadow.

Im gonna try YIIK just to see how bad it is.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Torchlight 3 is a bit better than at launch and still not anywhere close to the quality of 2. I might hop in to see how the console version is

Salz01

Torchlight 3 pisses me off, that like came out in November and bought it. It’s not fun though...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I didn't realize that the games are split between PC, Cloud, and Console. I thought if a game was on one, it'll be on all 3 this whole time.

Kagey K

Banned
Lol I just bought Torchlight for my g/f for Xmas. Of course it ends up on Gamepass less than a month later. 😂

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Second half of January will have Cyber Shadow and The Medium. Must be a backloaded month.

GHG

Gold Member
I didn't realize that the games are split between PC, Cloud, and Console. I thought if a game was on one, it'll be on all 3 this whole time.

Nope, despite what some people like to parrot that's only always the case with 1st party games, same goes for cross-save.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well, nothing there for me. This looks more like Games with Gold or PS+ than a GamePass list.

Which games are we losing this month?
  • FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)
  • My Friend Pedro (Console and PC)
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Console)
  • Tekken 7 (Console)
It's in the OP : )

That’s a bad month, I guess I could try Injustice 2 though since Tekken 7 is leaving.
It's not whole month, at least we know that The Medium is coming.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Sad to see FTL go. I don't know why they don't keep these cheap but really great indie games that got classic status on GP permanently. Seems like a bad decision. Doesn't affect me because I bought it so won't cry over it, but it's still strange.

Chukhopops

They are treating gamepass as an extended demo / preview service.. As a way to encourage people to try and if they like, buy
A pretty generous demo since it’s the full game and it was added a year ago...

I think it’s more the agreement being made for one year and expiring.

pr0cs

A pretty generous demo since it’s the full game and it was added a year ago...

I think it’s more the agreement being made for one year and expiring.
Possibly but my comment was try to give a reason why certain titles vanish after a set period

Banned
not gonna lie, this is the worst list of new games I've seen so far.

especially funny how Tekken 7, a really good fighting game, leaves...
and Injustice 2, a fucking terrible fighting game, comes in...

lol

Top Bottom