• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming soon to XboxGamePass: Immortality, Tinykin, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and More!

Draugoth

Gold Member

TW_Coming-Soon_8.16.2022-194e584f8a9c0861f8f1.jpg

My favorite part about announcing games coming soon to Xbox Game Pass is that feeling where you know you’re about to make someone’s day. Sharing ‘coming soon’ details about a new game they’ve been excited about (you can catch me playing Immortality on launch day), one they’ve never heard of that might become their new favorite, or a beloved classic they get to play again. We’ve got all of these and more for you coming soon to Game Pass (and maybe some more surprises later this week) so let’s jump in!

Available Today

Coffee Talk (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
Coffee Talk is a coffee brewing and heart-to-heart talking simulator about listening to the stories of alternative-Seattle’s inhabitants. From a dramatic love story between an elf and a succubus to an alien trying to understand the lives of humans, help everyone you meet by serving up a warm drink or two. Plus, Ultimate members can jump right in with Touch Controls via Xbox Cloud Gaming today!

Coming Soon

Midnight Fight Express (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – August 23
Available on day one with Game Pass:
A former member of the criminal underworld is lured back into “the life” by a mysterious drone claiming they only have until sunrise to prevent a citywide criminal takeover. Engage in a brutal and hyper-kinetic brawling ballet, using every environmental tool and street fighting technique at your disposal. Level up your abilities to take down the mounting onslaught of bozos, cronies, and crime lords.

Midnight Fight Express

Exapunks (PC) ID@Xbox – August 25
The year is 1997. You used to be a hacker, but now you have the phage. You made a deal: one hack, one dose. There’s nothing left to lose… except your life. Exapunks is the latest open-ended puzzle game from Zachtronics, the creators of Opus Magnum, Shenzhen I/O, TIS-100, and more.

Opus: Echo of Starsong – Full Bloom Edition (Console and PC) – August 25
Opus: Echo of Starsong – Full Bloom Edition is the definitive edition of the critically acclaimed visual novel-style adventure game, now with all-new voice acting. Dive in and enjoy an intergalactic journey that transcends time through love.

Commandos 3 – HD Remaster (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 30
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster sends you to the relentless and unforgiving battlefields of Europe. Remastered in high definition including reworked 3D models and textures, improved controls, and refined UI.

Immortality (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S) ID@Xbox – August 30
Available on day one with Game Pass: Marissa Marcel would have been a star. She made three movies, but none of them was ever released… and then Marissa Marcel disappeared. Explore lost footage, cut your own path into the mystery, and discover what happened to Marissa Marcel in the newest interactive game from Sam Barlow, creator of Her Story.

Immortals Fenyx Rising (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 30
Immortals Fenyx Rising brings grand mythological adventure to life. Play as Fenyx, a new winged demigod on a quest to save the Greek gods. The fate of the world is at stake – you are the gods’ last hope.

Tinykin (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – August 30
Milo arrives on Earth to find that he’s way too small, everybody’s gone, and a day hasn’t passed since 1991! Team up with the mysterious tinykin and use their unique powers to create ladders, bridges, explosions, and a lot more! Find a way home through a sprawling ant-sized metropolis and unravel Earth’s biggest mystery!

DLC / Game Updates

Naraka: Bladepoint – Showdown – Available now
Showdown is a whole new cooperative campaign mode coming to Naraka: Bladepoint on August 5, available to players as a free update on Xbox Series X|S and via Xbox Game Pass. Players will team up, fight against ferocious enemies, and upgrade heroes to face challenges of varying difficulties.

Sea of Thieves: A Hunter’s Cry – August 18
A rescue is underway! Sail into the Sea of the Damned to join forces with other crews, reach the peak of a transformed, twisted tavern and save Merrick in A Hunter’s Cry, Sea of Thieves’ sixth time-limited Adventure running from August 18 to September 1!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Halo Infinite: Pass Tense Commando Rifle Bundle – August 17
Stand apart from the rest with the exclusive “Pass Tense” VK78 Commando Rifle, four 2XP Boosts and four Challenge Swaps!

MultiVersus: MVP Pack – August 23
This free in-game MVP Pack features the Battle Reindog Variant, the Waterfall Banner, and the Dark Matter Ringout Effect.

CrossfireX: Babylon Bundle – August 23
Attention, Mercenaries! To celebrate the new Babylon update, get an exclusive weapon skin and 1,200 CFP to stylize your loadout. Play free today!

Xbox Touch Controls Added To 16 More Games

Ultimate members, 16 more games are available now with touch controls via Xbox Cloud Gaming! Jump into these games at xbox.com/play via browser, Xbox Game Pass app for Android, or Xbox app for PC – no controller required!

ChorusPaw Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls
Coffee TalkSkate
Dragon Age 2Star Wars: Squadrons
Dragon Age OriginsSuper Mega Baseball 3
Floppy KnightsTMNT Shredder’s Revenge
MatchpointTurbo Golf Racing
MLB The Show 22Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
My Friend Peppa PigTwo Point Campus

Leaving August 31

Set some time aside to jump back into the following games before they go! As always, you can save up to 20% on your purchase of these games to keep them in your library.

• Elite Dangerous (Cloud and Console)
  • Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)
  • Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Spiritfarer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Two Point Hospital (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • World War Z (Cloud, Console, and PC)
More games to install (the mobile app will even help you pre-install!), more games to play, even more games to touch! Stay tuned on @XboxGamePassPC and @XboxGamePass on Twitter or @XboxGamePass on Instagram for updates when these games are ready to play.

Last edited:
Actually pretty dang good.

Tinykin had a slightly interesting demo up during E3. Unique artstyle.
Midnight Fight Express is top of my list. Pretty excited.
Immortals is good. I already have it but it's a decent add.
Immortality is getting some shockingly high reviews, so I'm in.
Opus was in the Nintendo Direct and is on my wishlist so I'll play that too.
Commandos 3 I will also try. Loved Shogun and Desperados, but I know this is an older game.

Only one I've never heard of is Coffee Talk. Probably lame, but I'll try it. Not too shabby for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Just because you never heard of the game , does not mean it is lame. What a horrible take. And btw , the game is pretty great and relaxing.
Well I said I'll try it. Glad it's enjoyable. I'm pretty open minded on trying new stuff. The title is definitely a little lame though.

lame title

AJUMP23

Fenix Rising. That is the one I will try.

I have been playing wildlands, but it is me flying a chopper, shooting, grab something, jump back on chopper, repeat. It is fine, but that is it.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I've heard a lot of good things about Fenix Rising, but I never got around to buying it. Now I don't have to.

Immortality and midnight Fight Express sound interesting will try them out along with a couple others. Overall, it's a good month for me.

Fenix Rising. That is the one I will try.

I have been playing wildlands, but it is me flying a chopper, shooting, grab something, jump back on chopper, repeat. It is fine, but that is it.
Wildcards is lots of fun with a friend or two. That's when it really shines.

Immortality sounds interesting.

Loved the Midnight Fight Express demo on Steam earlier this year, I can't wait for that one - one of my most wanted quick games to run through

I beat Fenyx on PS5, it was an okay game. At times the menus/aesthetic feel a little "mobile-ish" but it was a pretty cool game.

Little Mac

Midnight Fight Express was on my radar so I’m happy. Hades leaving is a shame as it’s one of my most played games this past year but honestly I haven’t touched it in a month or so. If there is updates to it, I might buy it.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Immortal fenyx a banger.

Midnight fight express, may try.

Immortality, the most depressing game I've seen on a while.

Chukhopops

Immortality is really good based on the EDGE review.

Coffee talk is at 95% positive reviews on Steam.

Tinykin is day 1 so hard to tell if it’s good or not.

Looks Solid GIF by Australian Survivor

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

hlm666

Do the Ubisoft games on gamepass just make you install and link accounts to ubisoft launcher on PC like the EA ones?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Do the Ubisoft games on gamepass just make you install and link accounts to ubisoft launcher on PC like the EA ones?

If I remember correctly then the rainbow siege pve game got installed through game pass client but you have to register ylit with uplay.

clarky

Gold Member
Decent back half of the month. Few on there well worth checking out and a 10/10 from Edge to boot.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Coffee Talk I think is an id@xbox title from a couple years ago

And there is an expansion supposed to come out this year, maybe thats why they added the first one now

The dev who made the first game passed away. Very sad. https://www.pcgamer.com/coffee-talk-creator-fahmi-has-died-at-32/

Chukhopops

Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna need to be really drunk to be bothered then.
Yeah it’s annoying, especially since they fixed the EA Play integration and removed the need for a separate launcher.

Maybe a similar fix will come to Uplay or whatever the Ubi service is called.

Top Bottom