• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection launches June 5

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Command-Conquer-Remastered-Collection_03-10-20_LRG_002.jpg

source.gif
Hey look it's limited fun games with that fat black haired emo cunt

Bolivar687

Banned
That's a really bold step to go open source with this. One thing I wondered is if the multiplayer community will need standard RTS features like Fog of War to thrive. Sounds like this modding support should allow for all of it, if only in an unofficial way.

This is easily one of my most anticipated releases this year. I'm scared to day 1 it considering this is EA we're talking about, but I don't think I can resist

Arkam

For $20 I will have to pick this up. I love C&C: Red Alert so much. The series after never appealed, but damn if I did not play hundreds of ours of that one. That (and Dune 2000) made me want to work at Westwood. I am so ready to drop some paratroopers and roll in with Mammoth Tanks!

Rayderism

I remember playing the C&C games back when they first came out in the mid-90's, I couldn't help but to call them Electronic Army Guys. I haven't played those in a very long time. I'll most likely get these remasters, just for the nostalgia.

Holammer

Does this need the origin launcher? I am having big issues with it and have pretty much given up on it working properly on my PC.

No mention of Origin, just "Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection EULA"
Compare with Fallen Order's "Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required. "

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Nice still some fans on neogaf. 😅
That mod support made me insta buy it

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Hard to believe that the original C&C was released 25 years ago. Holy shit.

Has any genre ever had a better 10 year period than RTS games from 1995-2005?

Portman

anyone getting it this friday ?
Got it pre-loaded on Steam here. Sucks that the CE will be delayed to the pandemic but I'll wait it out for that as a surprise later since I'm bad to forget stuff like that. Looking forward to some classic fun this weekend.

MayauMiao

Any extras for those who pre-order or buy it after release?

I still have a hard time buying this game at blind faith, especially when its still an EA title.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Any extras for those who pre-order or buy it after release?

I still have a hard time buying this game at blind faith, especially when its still an EA title.

Understandable sentiment, but this isn't a typical EA title designed to suck out bits of your soul $4.99 at a time. Former Westwood people now at Petroglyph developed it. It comes with a map editor and multiplayer.

Buy with confidence just this once.

Bolivar687

Banned
I'm still a little worried about there not being any extended footage of the game anywhere, but otherwise everything shown and announced has been fantastic. Excited to put up the OT tomorrow night :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom