I had an idea for a Community thread, but just wanted to gauge interest first. I've been on GAF a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed we don't really have a place for general gaming chatter. I don't think some things warrant a whole thread. For example I often reminisce about old games, watch some video and I love to post a couple of things about it. I just don't think a thread is worth it for a paragraph or two.
I am still trying to think of the name, and if it is something people are interested in, I'm open to suggestions. I thought maybe 'Prescott's Hangout' or 'Gaming Cafe' I'm terrible with names.
I know there is communities for Xbox and PlayStation for example, but there isn't really anything that covers literally everything you can think of gaming wise.
What the community thread would be about/contain:
- Random chatter about what you've been playing.
- Did you watch a good video lately that doesn't warrant a thread? Do you want to share it? (Not self-promotion though)
- Want to talk about an old game you have been thinking about?
- A place for all platforms to talk games. PC, Consoles, Retro. It doesn't matter. No drama or platform warring. Just a chill hangout.
- Anything else. Even if you want to just post a GIF and be like 'I miss this game'. Maybe it'll spawn a discussion.
I thought maybe it's too broad to be a community thread, which is why I asked first. It may be a bad idea, it's just something I thought of. Maybe this is what the Discord is for. I know personally I prefer to use the forum due to social anxiety.
Anyways, any thoughts would be welcome. Feel free to tell me if it's a bad idea.