• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Manager from Xbox Spain close her personal twitter profile after being harassed for sharing a PS4 game on her personal account.

Imtjnotu

This is pretty damn sad, really.

Shuhei Yoshida has been giving shoutouts to Nintendo and posted plenty of pics of him playing Nintendo games this entire gen along with his PlayStation. Grow up children.
He was even at the switch unveiling wandering around 😂😂😂

BigBooper

People are so petty and silly, but if you have to be on social media, it's better to keep work and your personal account separate.

Imtjnotu

She should def be fired 🤬😤🤯
Annie-Edison-Shut-Up.gif

Last edited:

mitch1971

Personal twitter or not its still public. She works in PR. She should have known better.

seriously absolute rubbish. So what if she works in PR. Her job is to promote xbox. Her life is not having to promote the same thing.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
This is another fantastic example of why console wars need to die. Some people are ridiculous. Trying to basically ruin someone's job over where they play a game? Gtfoh, I swear some people just monitor social media all day long looking for something to be offended about.

BigBooper

That was her personal account. :pie_invert:
I couldn't get Twitter to load so I couldn't see. I figured it was a case of being her personal account, but everything on it relating to work. Like listing her job title making work comments from her personal account and such.

Mooreberg

Feels like a time warp. I remember Insomniac having Major Nelson on their podcast, or Bungie developers talking non-stop about Nintendo games. I figured for a while with so much content being cross platform that "console wars" got replaced with infinitely more tedious "culture wars" but between this and some of that NPD thread on here, I guess not. Microsoft and Nintendo are across the street in Redmond, there are probably countless people you have never heard of that have worked at both companies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Feels like a time warp. I remember Insomniac having Major Nelson on their podcast, or Bungie developers talking non-stop about Nintendo games. I figured for a while with so much content being cross platform that "console wars" got replaced with infinitely more tedious "culture wars" but between this and some of that NPD thread on here, I guess not. Microsoft and Nintendo are across the street in Redmond, there are probably countless people you have never heard of that have worked at both companies.

All it takes is someone like Phil Spencer to leave MS and go work for Nintendo or Sony to see the mental implosions of epic proportions. He would literally be like a Judas to the fanatics.

Mooreberg

All it takes is someone like Phil Spencer to leave MS and go work for Nintendo or Sony to see the mental implosions of epic proportions. He would literally be like a Judas to the fanatics.
Yeah I know, it just seems like people have short memories. Ken Lobb went from Nintendo to MS. That british guy (can't remember his name off the top of my head) went from Sony to MS, though for a very short time. I'm honestly surprised Jack Tretton never ended up somewhere else with another company in the industry. It's just super old news at this point. I get way more alarmed by developers and PR people treating their fanbase like mindless drug customers who will keep shelling out money no matter what they do or have they verbally attack them. "Gamers don't need to be your customers" is a maxim that has worked out for precisely nobody, anywhere, at any time.

Michele

you.
The peoples who harassed her are such an disgrace. I really hate their toxic behavior.

Why? Just... WHY? CM didn't even deserve the harassments :(

Puskas

this is the kind of victim fetish shitposting i would expect over at the other forum. nowhere in my post did i mention being harassed over this was ok. but if im the freaking CEO of Mercedes Benz I probably shouldn't be driving around in a BMW.
So, for instance, AAA gaming company CEOs can only play their own games and nothing else?

Oh sorry, nevermind. I forgot that they clearly don't play video games. Kind of hard to do when you're drowning in billions of dollars in MTX revenue.

TeamGhobad

Banned
So, for instance, AAA gaming company CEOs can only play their own games and nothing else?

Oh sorry, nevermind. I forgot that they clearly don't play video games. Kind of hard to do when you're drowning in billions of dollars in MTX revenue.

no they can do whatever they want. but if the CEO of Apple takes a tweet pic with a Windows computer that might be innappropriate.

loki 16

These are the types of people that give gamers a bad rep.

Even the heads of the gaming sectors (and even Nintendo heads) have fucking other consoles. The only idiots that fight over this sh*t are people like some in this thread. The woman posts what she wants in her fucking personal account, and this doesn't fucking have anything to do with her job or how she handles it. A fucking picture does not qualify or distrust her competence at her lead as CM.

If you think so, you should take a walk and refresh the way you rationalize reality.
This.

The "trolls" that harassed her surely went nut when this happend :

vlcsnap_2018_12_06_21h01m43s958.0.png
You know Reggie could have picked up Phil and broken him in half over... Sony guy with a massive baby's body. I mean you can almost guage their fighting power levels by how they are gripping the mics. Reggie's mic probably has indentations in it now.

Pg6Wxi0.png

Last edited:
Of course XBox people should be playing Sony & Nintendo to 'check out the competition', but it has to be in secret. When a community manager publicly discloses that she is into Playstation that hurts XBox. She deserves to be fired.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Of course XBox people should be playing Sony & Nintendo to 'check out the competition', but it has to be in secret. When a community manager publicly discloses that she is into Playstation that hurts XBox. She deserves to be fired.

This does not hurt their brand, only the feelings of internet children.

Xenon

I wonder how a community manager for the Boston Red Sox would fair if he was caught wearing Yankees gear and cheering them on...

I need more details, like what the "harassment" was. If they were just giving her some shit, I think that's no big deal. But she could just be on the PS4 because that's where all her friends are. Demanding she gets fired is a bit much, unless shes just in it for a paycheck. In which case I'm sure there is someone more dedicated to the brand who would happily take her place.

I dont get all these snobs who try to look down at people who enjoy the rivalry aspect of the hobby. Its all part of the fun. Ford/Chevy PC/Mac NY/Chicago(Pizza), it adds spice to it. Without it there would have been no megatons or hilarious gifs during E3.

Again it all boils down to what they said. (I can't figure out the OP)

edit: If that one guy said he is going to stop going to the site because of that... thats just him being a baby.

Last edited:
Top Bottom