• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S4 |OT| I Remember When This Show Was About Community College

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOO

And actually surprisingly enough, I was wondering about the OT.

Can't wait for October 19th. Cause 1) Community 2) Finals will be over 3) Muthafuckin Sherlock and 4) Parks and Rec.

Mariolee

WOO

And actually surprisingly enough, I was wondering about the OT.

Can't wait for October 19th. Cause 1) Community 2) Finals will be over 3) Muthafuckin Sherlock and 4) Parks and Rec.

You and me are like brothers. Don't forget that the Doctor Who Christmas special will also be out! :D

Teaser spec:
I'm guessing the reason they're screaming Greendale is because they want Jeff to come back. Or they've been brainwashed because that scream seemed really out of character for Abed.

Man, I'm surprised that no one from Community gaf has posted this yet, but here's a proper trailer for Season 5. Idk if they had revealed the plot of the new season before, but it's news to me that
Winger will be a professor at Greendale.
Seems like it could be a good season!

Season 5 Trailer

I think it's about time someone made a new OT for the new season.

EDIT: I think this is threadworthy news, so I went ahead and made one.

OnPoint

Man, I'm surprised that no one from Community gaf has posted this yet, but here's a proper trailer for Season 5. Idk if they had revealed the plot of the new season before, but it's news to me that Winger will be a professor at Greendale. Seems like it could be a good season!

Season 5 Trailer

I didn't know that was the case.

But it's the only way to keep him on the show IMO.

Man, I'm surprised that no one from Community gaf has posted this yet, but here's a proper trailer for Season 5. Idk if they had revealed the plot of the new season before,
but it's news to me that Winger will be a professor at Greendale. Seems like it could be a good season!

Season 5 Trailer

Spoilers have to be spoiler tagged.

Gaf TV rule number 1.

And yes, previews, trailers and interviews are spoilers.

That being said, I love the reference to "four years at a 2 year college"

Fine, I spoiler tagged it, but it's already been quoted without the spoiler so yeah....

It's a sitcom so it's not a big deal, but please keep it in mind for the future.

The writers might craft a plot twist meant to blow your mind.... but the ad team can and will shit on that if they think it makes a better trailer

AniHawk

i love how dark it looks. i was thinking about where the show could possibly go and i didn't even consider straight into hell. that's pretty awesome.

uhh...

BbE1UtTIAAEYD_Y.jpg:large

Is Nathan Fillion a guest star in season 5 ?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
tBMxz5u.png

Critics have been sent the first three episodes.
I just saw that. I'm so excited for this.

I hope it's 13 contiguous weeks (Well, 12 since the first week will have two episodes I believe? Maybe less if they put the final few together like they did season 3) and no breaks. As much as I want it to go on forever, I'd rather not have to wait so long between episodes. I still wish they'd get a back 9. 13 episodes is too short. That's only 6 hours. I want a full 22 episode season and a 22 episode 6th season. And a 2-hour movie. Then another 22 episode 7h season.

I just saw that. I'm so excited for this.

I hope it's 13 contiguous weeks (Well, 12 since the first week will have two episodes I believe? Maybe less if they put the final few together like they did season 3) and no breaks. As much as I want it to go on forever, I'd rather not have to wait so long between episodes. I still wish they'd get a back 9. 13 episodes is too short. That's only 6 hours. I want a full 22 episode season and a 22 episode 6th season. And a 2-hour movie. Then another 22 episode 7h season.

It won't be, Winter Olympics blows up NBC's schedule this year.

Nyanko

Neo Member
read the first two sypnoses and lost it. this sounds like it's going to be the darkest season so far and I can't wait.

edit: Sepinwall's approval has me even more hype.

Poyunch

So I think I stopped watching regularly around S3 when it started going bananas. Is it worth it to give it another try and watch season 4? Keep in mind I didn't like the comedy style the show was heading in starting around season 2. It started becoming less about the characters and more about meta humor, at least in my eyes. Like I knew about the video game episode and it didn't excite one bit to go and watch it.

Should I just wait till season 5 which seems to be a fresh restart?

blamite

So I think I stopped watching regularly around S3 when it started going bananas. Is it worth it to give it another try and watch season 4? Keep in mind I didn't like the comedy style the show was heading in starting around season 2. It started becoming less about the characters and more about meta humor, at least in my eyes. Like I knew about the video game episode and it didn't excite one bit to go and watch it.

Finish 3, skip 4.

AniHawk

if you didn't like remedial chaos theory (which i feel is meta and all about the characters), then you probably won't like anything from season 3.

the video game episode is okay, but i would recommend the following:

documentary filmmaking: redux
'heart of darkness' spoof with good insight into the dean. one of my favorite endings from this show.

foosball and nocturnal vigilantism
story mostly around shirley and jeff. their relationship grows in this episode.

virtual systems analysis
a love-it-or-hate-it episode, this focuses on abed and how he views himself and the group. good annie/abed episode.

introduction to finality
jeff has to decide between his future with the firm and his friends. rushed to be a series finale.

i'd also throw in basic lupine urology (a law and order spoof) and curriculum unavailable (a clip show knockoff that's funnier than season 2's), but they're more jokey episodes that you may not like.

season 4 had pressure from nbc to make episodes 'broader' which resulted in a lot of schmaltzy endings. despite that, i'd recommend:

herstory of dance
To distract from Greendale's drinking fountains being removed by the CDC, Dean Pelton plans a "Sadie Hawkins" dance. Britta organizes a competing "Sophie B. Hawkins" dance in protest, confusing her with Susan B. Anthony. At the dance Abed goes on two dates, set up by Annie and Shirley.

basic human anatomy
Annie and Shirley are being somewhat snide to each other over the valedictorian race, but they are united in disgust that Leonard is currently #1 in the class, until they bust him for having taken just one letter-grade class since 1968. Troy and Abed re-enact a scene from the original Freaky Friday that leads them each to act like they've really switched bodies.

and that should prep you enough for season 5, which looks pretty bleak from the start.

AniHawk

i enjoyed a lot of season 4, really. the documentary episode, heroic origins, the spacetime convention- i even found the finale funny, although i disliked the twist.

rekameohs

Banned
In addition to the obligatory Remedial Chaos Theory gushing, Curriculum Unavailable was such a fantastic episode. That was "crazy Community" done well, unlike...say The First Chang Dynasty. And Season 4 was waaaay too safe for me too really enjoy it - it just felt like typical generic sitcom material. The best of the lot was clearly Basic Human Anatomy to me.

I also feel like the Season 3 finale really wrapped things up very well and was a satisfying conclusion, but Season 4's just left a bad taste in my mouth.

AniHawk

season 3's finale was way too rushed for me. everything is wrapped up in a semi-satisfying 'life goes on' way and leaves the door a crack open for another season.

season 4 slammed that door shut. that was supposed to be the end of the series for good and you can tell. it has some problems, but i felt that there was at least some closure at the end of s4. i also felt s4 was a necessary come-down after s3's insanity.

regardless, i'm glad i live in the timeline where one of my favorite shows actually didn't end prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom