• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 2 |OT| of Set Phasers to 'LOVE ME'! (Renewed for season 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beat

Medalion said:
According to Dan, they usually are always like 5 full episodes away from us by the time we watch an ep, but I am not sure

Camping episode, possible friday the 13th homage who knows
I figured Donald Glover was just referring to his next album, which is called "Camp".

rezuth

So whats known for the next season? Is John Goodman going to be part of the cast or just one episode? Would be awesome if he swapped places with the Dean and Chang.

beat

rezuth said:
So whats known for the next season? Is John Goodman going to be part of the cast or just one episode? Would be awesome if he swapped places with the Dean and Chang.
Last I heard, Goodman was signed for six episodes and might do more.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Medalion said:
According to Dan, they usually are always like 5 full episodes away from us by the time we watch an ep, but I am not sure

Camping episode, possible friday the 13th homage who knows

I was just wondering because Annie's sweater is very winter-y with the snowflakes and all.

mclem

GoutPatrol said:
I was just wondering because Annie's sweater is very winter-y with the snowflakes and all.

My money would be on a Friday the 13th homage, as people have said, but mentioning the snowflakes make me thing there's an outside chance they'll be doing an Andy Williams Christmas Special for the, uh, Christmas Episode.

Shaneus

Finally bought S1 on DVD today. I'm staunchly against the fact that it's in SD, but I'll be ripping the full discs so I can check out the extras. Woo!

Jasoco

Banned
Hey, look. Gillian Jacobs did this neat little low-budget film thingy...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5876f2aced/don-cheadle-is-captain-planet

Jexemad

PhoncipleBone said:
Joel-McHale-Community_240.jpg
Dexter immediately came to mind.

Shaneus

For those who have the S1 DVD, are the commentary voices high-pitched in all releases or is it because they did a shitty conversion for PAL?

Medalion

Banned
Shaneus said:
For those who have the S1 DVD, are the commentary voices high-pitched in all releases or is it because they did a shitty conversion for PAL?
I've noticed this a lot of stuff in NTSC release switched to PAL, everything sounds higher pitched

So yeah it probably is that

And speaking of DVD's, once again reminder, season 2 is coming out this coming Tuesday Sept 6

So more SD complaints will be valid, yay

Medalion said:
I've noticed this a lot of stuff in NTSC release switched to PAL, everything sounds higher pitched

And speaking of DVD's, once again reminder, season 2 is coming out this coming Tuesday Sept 6

Got it pre-ordered on Amazon! So excited!

snesfreak

Banned
Dax01 said:
Got it pre-ordered on Amazon! So excited!
I've had it pre-ordered there since the first day (hour?) it was available.
I'm ready to listen to the commentary, season one's was great.
Even doing a rewatch on my site, but I won't go into that.

snesfreak

Banned
"COMMUNITY"
"BIOLOGY 101"
09/22/2011 (08:00PM - 08:30PM) (Thursday) :
THE GANG REUNITES AFTER SUMMER BREAK WONDERING IF PIERCE WILL BE BACK AT SCHOOL – DEAN PELTON RETURNS FROM "DEAN CAMP" WITH VIGOR – JOHN GOODMAN AND MICHAEL K. WILLIAMS GUEST STAR – As the Greendale study group gathers in the library, they wonder whether they will see their old friend Pierce (Chevy Chase), who left the study group in a huff after last spring’s paintball game. Jeff (Joel McHale) quickly butts heads with their new biology teacher Professor Kane (Michael K. Williams, "The Wire,") and is kicked out of class – leading to a crisis within the group about whether they will all stay together. Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) is feeling empowered after a summer at "Dean Camp" but finds a new nemesis in Vice Dean Laybourne (John Goodman), dean of the highly regarded Air Conditioning Repair Annex at Greendale. Gillian Jacobs, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Donald Glover and Ken Jeong also star.
Episode description for the premiere.

Shaneus

Medalion said:

To be honest, if it gets the same treatment I won't be buying it. If anything, I'll import it from the US and rip it to ISO on my PC. If I had any idea this one would've been given that treatment I'd have done the same thing :(

Wohoo, my Community Season 2 DVD shipped from Amazon. Can't wait! Just finished rewatching my season 1 DVDs, so I am looking forward to rewatching season 2 now.

snesfreak

Banned
Easystride said:
Wohoo, my Community Season 2 DVD shipped from Amazon. Can't wait! Just finished rewatching my season 1 DVDs, so I am looking forward to rewatching season 2 now.
Mine too, also have Parks and Rec season 3 coming.
C'mon Tuesday!

Medalion

Banned
Community Season 2 is out on DVD today

normal_alisonbrieweb001.jpg

be sure to get a copy and share your thoughts on episodes, the people, the production values, the extras like commentaries etc

Just don't be streets behind!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Medalion said:
Community Season 2 is out on DVD today

normal_alisonbrieweb001.jpg

be sure to get a copy and share your thoughts on episodes, the people, the production values, the extras like commentaries etc

Just don't be streets behind!

Will be buying today.

Medalion

Banned
What I gathered from Comic-con, Dan is going to bring the craziness down the notch or better space them out than it was last season

Just got my season 2 DVDs from Amazon. For those who are curious, the packaging is consistent with season 1, with two thin pack cases with 2 discs in each. Once again, very impressed with packaging.

Now to begin rewatching!

paul187

For all I know he was full of it and this season will be the most off the wall evar

I hope so. I really enjoyed how batshit insane season 2 was.

So I guess if this gets another season renewal that will be the last one? I kinda hope this show doesn't drag out and ends on a bang. I guess with the community college angle they will have to end next season or do a Later Years type of show. Which I'd hate.

Medalion

Banned
paul187 said:
I hope so. I really enjoyed how batshit insane season 2 was.

So I guess if this gets another season renewal that will be the last one? I kinda hope this show doesn't drag out and ends on a bang. I guess with the community college angle they will have to end next season or do a Later Years type of show. Which I'd hate.
This was already addressed, the show is called Community, not Community College, the show can go on even if they stopped all going to college.

Medalion

Banned
I also wanna share my Season 2 dvd buying experience

I had the hardest time finding this DVD, it JUST came out today

It was not up in any of the usual spots where they advertise new dvds/blu-rays, I even had to scour the old TV dvd section to see if it was buried in there

It wasn't until I went to HMV in the mall, I had to dig deep in the TV dvd aisle till I found a copy of this DVD

A sign of the times that Community is barely known or much in demand in Canada

paul187

Medalion said:
This was already addressed, the show is called Community, not Community College, the show can go on even if they stopped all going to college.

I hope they don't continue on. For a show this awesome I'd rather they go out on a bang rather then drag it out and experiment with new settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom