• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, Chang as a student wasn't great, but I've really enjoyed him as a security guard. The episode where Britta was his nemesis was fantastic. I dug the noir storyline quite a bit too. I think I'm agreement with Dan Harmon that Chang is best in roles of faux-authority.

Senor Chang is best Chang. We haven't seen enough of Security Chang to really compare, but I like what I've seen so far. I also liked the noir episode.

aCgUl.gif

Mudita

Neo Member
Finally able to post and just want to check in as a long time lurker of this thread and Community fanatico. I recently forced a friend to start watching and he is grateful now that we are about halfway through season 2. He was wary at first but now is starting to catch on. Watched Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking the other day...butterfly in the skyyyy!
eSbk7.gif

Jasoco

Banned
Well, I got my dad addicted to the show. All he had to do was watch the scene in "The Science of Illusion" when Annie runs after Jeff firing the pepper spray. After that he sat while we watched all the way to the end of the season. He laughed more than he does most of the time. Of course he now has to start at the beginning and watch the first 19 episodes too before continuing to season 2 where he will "find out who Jeff picks" because he was very curious about that.
KuGsj.gif

Finally able to post and just want to check in as a long time lurker of this thread and Community fanatico. I recently forced a friend to start watching and he is grateful now that we are about halfway through season 2. He was wary at first but now is starting to catch on. Watched Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking the other day...butterfly in the skyyyy!
eSbk7.gif

Welcome! Introducing other people to something so awesome is awesome. Love doing it.

You know as happy as I am that this is coming back I really wish they had given Outsourced(never recovered from xmas break) a second chance.

Really missed this show. Going to try and give it my full support from now on.

gabbo

Well, I got my dad addicted to the show. All he had to do was watch the scene in "The Science of Illusion" when Annie runs after Jeff firing the pepper spray. After that he sat while we watched all the way to the end of the season. He laughed more than he does most of the time. Of course he now has to start at the beginning and watch the first 19 episodes too before continuing to season 2 where he will "find out who Jeff picks" because he was very curious about that.
KuGsj.gif

I think I may be able to sway my dad in the near future. I picked up season 1, and my parents season 2 for my brother's birthday, and having the dvd's on hand is how I got him into watching a couple seasons of Chuck, so Community should be an even easier sell with it's silly humour.

Slevin

I've been telling as many people as I can about this show. I recently got my best friend hooked on it. We both really love Scrubs and I enjoy watching shows with someone else laughing too as opposed to by myself. So I kept telling him about Community and finally sat him down to watch the first season DVDs. He was hooked after the first episode. He made me marathon the second season a week later once we finished the first.

I wish more people watched it. It's not for everyone but there are definitely people that would love it and are missing out. I know I missed out when the first season started, thankfully I made myself check it out.

gabbo

I've been telling as many people as I can about this show. I recently got my best friend hooked on it. We both really love Scrubs and I enjoy watching shows with someone else laughing too as opposed to by myself. So I kept telling him about Community and finally sat him down to watch the first season DVDs. He was hooked after the first episode. He made me marathon the second season a week later once we finished the first.

I wish more people watched it. It's not for everyone but there are definitely people that would love it and are missing out. I know I missed out when the first season started, thankfully I made myself check it out.

I'm surprised the audience for Scrubs hasn't latched onto this show to be honest. They seem so similar in delivery and occasional tone (except Jeff is kind of all the mean characters from Scrubs rolled into one)

Canuck76

Banned
If were serious Community fans here guys, we'll admit that Senor Chang was waaaaaayy better as a teacher than a student/security guard. That noir episode was really bad, just not funny.

Jasoco

Banned
Continuing my marathon of Community. Onto Season 2.

Just noticed, and this is weird to notice now, that Professor Betty White said "Form groups of no more than 8 people and try to mix up the races". Then Chang shows up and I realized that he ends up being their 8th group member. I never noticed how blatant it was. And that in season 3, the new Wire teacher instead goes the opposite route and tries to make smaller groups but ends up punishing them by putting them together anyway at the end. (Though whether Todd is still a member of the group or not is unknown because, well, they didn't really do that many episodes taking place in the school after that yet.)

It's the little things really. A detail I didn't notice the first dozen times I watched.

If were serious Community fans here guys, we'll admit that Senor Chang was waaaaaayy better as a teacher than a student/security guard. That noir episode was really bad, just not funny.

Security guard chang has potential. I think the issue is that the writers are trying to include student change's persona in the mix. He should be just teacher chang (controlling, manipulative, and a bit nuts) instead of throwing in pathetic and completely psycho chang in the mix too.

rekameohs

Banned
Season 1 has the best Chang, Season 2 is the best overall season (though obviously this can change - or Chang!) and Season 3 has the best episode, the Chaos Theory one.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
They're going to just continue with the Jeff/Annie thing, eh? And the Jeff/Britta thing. And probably the Jeff/Abed thing.

Jeff is a whore.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I was very disappointed in the D&D episode. I think the only laugh we got out of it was Pierce on his makeshift throne. Every joke told has been done a billion times before.

Meh. On to the next one.

gabbo

They just wrapped up shooting.

Plenty of time to do a couple of quick "re-shoots" and drop a joke in here or there.
Have a character mention that someone looking like the dean was at the Oscars during the opening library table shot when they're all just talking over each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom