• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Company Man: Our platform will be awesome in 2016

bombshell

2016 will bring an "unprecedented rush" of big games for PlayStation 4 that, along with PlayStation VR, will combine for a package so compelling that system sales are likely to grow even further. That's according to PlayStation executive Shuhei Yoshida, who said in an interview with 4Gamer (via DualShockers) that 2016 is shaping up to be a banner year for the PS4.

"2016 marks an unprecedented rush of big titles for PS4," Yoshida said. "It's also the year of the long-awaited launch of PlayStation VR. It's the year PS4 users, and those who are on the fence on whether to buy it will absolutely think, 'It's good to have a PS4.' Please look forward to it."

Some of the big PS4 console exclusives for 2016 include Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo Sport, and The Last Guardian. There are also going to be a number of big-name multiplatform games released on PS4 next year, of course.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-getting-unprecedented-rush-of-big-games-in-201/1100-6433415/

Dio

Banned
Yeah, it's true.

If I didn't already own a PS4, I'd buy one just because Yoko Taro's making Nier: Automata with a studio that's far more technically competent than Cavia and Access ever were with Drakengard and Nier, and presumably more money than he usually gets to make his games.

Teletraan1

Banned
Unprecedented is a tarnished word in this industry after the EA/Wii U situation.

Should be a pretty solid year for PS4 owners. I actually thought this year was pretty good.

Nameless

Yeah there are around 10 games I want in the JRPG genre alone. Throw in VR and everything else it should be a pretty crazy year.

Not that 2015 was a slouch

Expected since Persona 5, the incoming game of forever is forthcoming

More honest words have never been spoken. It's a god year for playstation because it's a rare time when both east and west developers are bringing their games out. If there's no delays then 2016 could easily be one of those years you refer back to.

LewieP

With the crowded release schedule, it's going to be pretty tough for smaller games to compete. I wonder what titles might fall through the cracks.

Certainly good for the users though, there's a ton of games coming that I want to play.

Sjefen

i am really looking forward to 2016, PSVR and huge AAA titles will make the year very good. 2015 was great but 2016 will be awesome

Cotrip

Some are vaporwares, some will be delayed (or released after 2016), but it's looking quite good:

ps4gamesghqe0.jpg

credits to salromano

Top Bottom