• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comparing and Analyzing (Some) Retail Xbox One and PlayStation 4 console exclusives by year. A Discourse.

Viewing the thread, which exclusive library do you prefer between the XBO and PS4 specifically?

• Xbox One

• PlayStation 4

• Neither - this list is incomplete and misleading

• I didn't read the OP

Results are only viewable after voting.
I figured it would be interesting to actualyl compare retail exclusives between the Xbox One and PS4 from launch in 2013 till 2018. I've not included add-on games (No Kinect or PSVR) and focused on retail exclusives either owned by Microsoft or Sony, or if it's not a first-party IP, a game that was published/partnered with the console manufacturer worldwide. To be fair, remasters and collections are included since they were base games that attracted a lot of new buyers. Also no timed exclusives.

I know that some PS4 and XBO games were also on PC, however the thread isn't about that so please don't derail the thread with random drive-by or pointless posts about PC and lets have an actual discourse over this list. Intentionally doing so will result in a report to the moderators. I appreciate everyone cooperating on making this a civil thread.

Below are the top retail exclusives for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 from 2013-2018, if I missed a retail game that meets the above rules mention it and I'll add it. Please keep in mind that 2+ Xbox One games or PS4 games in a "combo pack" does not count as a retail release, those would already have retail releases individually.

I would like to hear your opinion and thoughts on this comparison. I will post my personal opinion at the bottom of the thread, you don't have to use my format if you don't want. Also feel free to comment on my opinion if you wish. Let's have a fun and civil thread!

Here are the charts:

2013-
tgXwyaZ.png

2014-
13ifgG2.jpg

2015-
ylWPlLs.jpg

2016-
y3SQhgi.jpg

2017-
BUzNcLv.jpg

2018-
oFU7Eke.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Voost Kains opinion:

When comparing the output of exclusives between the PS4 and Xbox One I think both sides have radicals that will spin certain situations or dismiss games out right based on their genre or whether they don't like the gameplay styles. Which is something I would like to see be less of a problem, or outright vanish next gen because it's extremely annoying and it destroys otherwise productive conversation.

As for me, I think the Xbox One's output was better overall, and not just because I think that the Xbox One edges out the PS4 in quality based on my personal opinion, but mostly because I think the Xbox One's output outside 2017-2018 was more consistent.

Retail wise, I think the Xbox One started out much stronger than the PS4, and this is a big deal especially for the time, since this was not far post-180 on the original DRM policies, and it's not just because Sony only had two major retail games either, it's that Xbox one offered a variety of gameplay styles and new games. A pattern MS would have for the first several years. Already in 2014 Sony was relying on old formulas and remasters while Xbox had new games with unique or refined gameplay and a remaster.

Starting with 2015, the PS4 clearly started having a higher output. I would give PS4 that year in most other cases, but the actual content that the Xbox One side had continued to elaborate on my previous point. Rare Replay catered to new and nostalgic fans with a slew of games. We had a remake of a classic favorite, the first real Halo game of the gen, another solid racer, and an experimental title that MS knew ahead of time to be a niche product aimed toward a certain demographic. While I enjoyed Bloodborne, and even Order 1886 to an extent, I can't ignore that we had two more remasters and a collection already continuing the padding of the PS4's library.

I know people will disagree with my view of 2014 and 2015 for Sony, but I think it should be taken into consideration to understand the opposing viewpoint. Sony and Microsoft clearly started this generation in two completely different directions with MS being more experimental and Sony playing it more safe and the library's up to 2015 have shown this so far. Sure, it's clear several of Microsofts games that wentt outside of the box didn't hit the home run they were hoping for, but they also had games that would cater to the core base as well. I have no issue with Sony playing safe with similar games, collections, or remasters, I just think that not only did they do it way too early, but it felt like it was used to pad the library almost every year.

So continuing on and talking about 2016.

The output this year was a lot more even, and both consoles had some great games. But once again we run into the same issue that has been annoying me since 2014 and not just me either, you can see opinions from many PS4 players, even fans, about this same thing when talking about the PS4 in a void by itself. On the Xbox One side, your opinion on the 4 games can vary, but they are all 4 brand new games. 3 of the PS4 games are not, you have 2 remasters and a remake.

Now sure, Ratchet and Clank is pretty much a complete remake (even to the fault of assassinating Chairman Dreks and Ratchets original characters, which I felt made the original game so good, but that's another topic) but when you have for several years padded out your output list with remasters/collections/remakes already its not really something I can actually overlook. I know some people will dismiss this opinion but it's a very common opinion even among PS4 only players. I just think that it's a criticism that should be considered regardless of whether it directly effects you or not, at least so you can understand the other view point. It's a fair criticism just like those that criticized Microsoft's output shrinking less and less after 2015 among other issues.

Now looking at 2017 and 2018.

I actually think PS4 was better in 2017 than the Xbox One. The main reason is that this year Microsofts focus on experimental titles and core output shrunk in both areas to push services and hardware more. While I accept this in 2018 due to the software quality, 2017 releases did not have the quality to make up for it. 2 of the games were lazy Disney games to pad out the library. Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7 were nice surprises but that was basically the core of my personal interest. Cup Head was alright but I wasn't that much into it and the delays didn't help. Super Luckys tale was as generic of a platformer as they came, and while it wasn't bad it really wasn't very exciting or impressive. Sony's output just handled things better for me that year.

Now for 2018, the output was a bit more even. I actually give this year to the Xbox despite the low output. State of Decay 2 was good fun, Sea of Thieves provided a unique pirate experience and provided hours of fun, and Forza Horizon 4 was a great run through Britain. All 3 provided hours of fun and content.

On the Sony side of 2018, the games were good but for me they were mostly one and done games. Spider-Man for me was one playthrough without that much to do in post that was interesting to me. The same for Detroit which I found to be horribly written and limited despite the fact the game was made to be played through multiple times. SOC and God of War had similar issues, though I did get more content of interest out of God of War, but to me it didn't feel like Sony was aiming for content longevity that year.

So far, that's my opinion, I think the Xbox One generally stayed stronger and relied more on new stuff or experiments even if sometimes they didn't end up being the best of games all the time. While on the flip side, I was skeptical of Sony's constant use of remasters and collections along with games that would have poor post game content, at least for me, while I played Microsoft games for a longer period of time on average, even for Single-player games. With some exceptions like God Of War. The games were still good but when you spend $40-60 per games it starts to have an effect on you.

For me 2017 was the best year for Sony, which I also considered to be better than Xbox One's 2017. We'll see how 2019 ends up.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the libraries between these two consoles, or if you have any friendly comments or disagreements with my opinion. Either way, share with a post. :)

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
I just like Halo a lot :p
So I’m gonna go Xbox but objectively speaking I’d say PlayStation is the winner here.

Despite all the issues though, MCC and Halo 5 are my two most played games this gen.

Bryank75

Banned
Ridiculously incomplete PS4 list, it doesn’t have Horizon zero dawn, street fighter V, any of the Yakuza games, any of the great VR games..... I could go on.....

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Incomplete list, therefore worthless write-up. It's clear that you really, really love Microsoft but are "willing" to give Sony credit for the sake of appearing unbiased.

And it ends up making you look uninformed.

mckmas8808

Banned
Ridiculously incomplete PS4 list, it doesn’t have Horizon zero dawn, street fighter V, any of the Yakuza games, any of the great VR games..... I could go on.....

WHOA! You're right. I couldn't think of that many games. And I HAVE a PSVR headset lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Where is Persona 5, Dragon Quest XI and Ni no Kuni 2? My biggest issue with current Xbox is they are not getting some of third party Japanese games for no good reason. Can someone explain to me why Xbox is not getting Left Alive? Is not like the game has that much "anime" aesthetics that would be unappealing to Xbox gamers.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Also missing 3rd party exclusives like Dragon Quest XI, Persona 5 (granted these are later coming to switch they are currently exclusive).

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm sure I will be in the minority on this one but I much prefer the output on the Xbox this gen:
Halo 5 & MCC, Ori, Quantum Break, SSO.

Horizon Zero Dawn is tied with Quantum Break as my favorite game this Gen and TLoU was decent but the rest of the PS 4 games aren't my type of games and just didn't do it for me.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
The Microsoft-favoured polls are back... :messenger_neutral:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wikipedia has a pretty good list of PS4 exclusives - although some games on this list haven't released yet (Dreams, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Medievil remake, etc) and isn't a fair and direct comparison to Xbox since it also excludes games on PC (Dragon Quest XI, Ni No Kuni 2, etc) or other Sony platforms (like Persona 5 isn't listed since it's also on PS3)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_4-only_games

The same list for Xbox One is... a lot more sparse considering the "excludes games on PC" rule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_One-only_games

Last edited:

Ivellios

A lot of PS4 games missing on your list, you should edit the OP to add them when you can.

In my personal opnion there is not even a contest, i really like most of the PS4 exclusives and i dont care about any Xbox game except Ori.

GametimeUK

If you're going to make a thread like this you really can't afford to make any oversights. Not hating, but comments will focus on the games you missed out, and for the less observant they are looking at unrepresented lists. Seriously, Horizon is missing?

Either way to be on topic I think Sony is unmatched. They have had way too many heavy hitters. Early on in the gen they were controlling the narrative with indie titles whilst their own exclusives were baking in the oven.

Who refers to themselves in third person?

Also is this a stealth thread to shame MS for their lack of good exclusives or one which is trying to paint them in a better position than they are? I seriously can't tell.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This reminds me of earlier in this generation. Whenever list are compared, there are a set of rules that are applied to them. Seems like it's used to minimize the list of games that are released on the PlayStation 4 platform.

Microsoft had more games at launch for the Xbox One console. This is what I remember people complaining about the most.

This is where it gets interesting. Many people consider The Last of Us a remaster (which Sony named themselves) but it's not the same as Halo: MCC, Uncharted Collection of Gears of War Ultimate. The game was released in 2013 and it's basically a port of the title.

The biggest titles released this year:

PS4: Last of Us, MLB The Show 14 and Infamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy 14
XB1: Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Forza: Horizon 2, Halo: MCC

Sony received a title of Guilty Gear Xrd that were exclusive to PlayStation platforms. Kilelr Instinct for the Xbox was released in 2013. Both are considered good fighting games.

Final Fantasy 14 was released this year on the PlayStation 4 console, too.

This is where I think things stated to really change. The biggest game this year was no doubt Halo 5.

Biggest titles released this year:

PS4: Bloodborne, MLB The Show 15, God of War 3 Remastered, The Order 1886, Uncharted Collection, Until Dawn
XB1: Halo 5, Gears of War Ultimate, Forza 6, State of Decay, Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed exclusive), Rare Replay

What's interesting about this is that many people claimed that Sony relied heavily on remasters early in this generation, but you have 2 from Sony this year and 3 from Microsoft.

The Ordered was a big title that was wasn't received well critically and for good reason: The game was too short and lackluster in some areas (though I enjoyed it when I bought it for $10).

Rise of the Tomb Raider was a Timed Exclusive to Microsoft, but we know it was made helped to boost XB1 sales. This didn't happen, but it was received well critically.

Outside of the big titles, Ori and the Blind Forest was a good game among the Xbox community.

Biggest titles released this year
PS4:
Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, MLB The Show 16, Ratchet and Clank, The Last Guardian
XB1: Quantum Break, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3

Both sides released good games this year, but Sony just released more.

Biggest titles released this year:

PS4: Horizon Zero Dawn, GT Sport, Ni-Oh, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, MLB The Show 17
XB1: Halo Wars 2, Forza 7, Cuphead

I think it's clear that Sony had the bigger releases this year.

Biggest Titles Released this year:

PS4: Detroit, MLB The Show 18, Spider-Man, God of War, SotC
XB1: Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4'

Conclusion:

The biggest problem people have with the Xbox are their games. People say that they have a more diverse lineup, but games like Halo Wars 2, Super Lucky's Tale and ReCore are not the game people are generally looking for.

Astro Bot and Super Lucky's Tale are both platforms, but we know that Astro Bot was well received critically. There are also games missing from the list above which include games like Yakuza, Ni no Kuni, King of Fighters 14 and more. You may believe Microsoft has done a good job experimenting with new games, but most of those experiments weren't always successful. People want games that want to make them buy the console or invest in a platform.

People consider me a PlayStation fanboy because I criticize Microsoft for their releases, but this is hard to deny.

I don't go around labeling games like Halo 5 overrated because I prefer the PlayStation console. They have good games on the platform, but the PlayStation just has more when it comes to the critical reception.

Sea of Thieves was a good game, but my complaint is that it didn't launch with a lot of content. I had similar complains with GT Sport and Street Fighter V. I wouldn't add Killer Instinct 2013 to this list because it was 1) a low budget game and 2) It was free-to-play. The first Metacritic score was low due to a lack of content, but it was in fact a quality fighting game.

State of Decay 2 was filled with bugs when it was first released. The game did sell well, but I'm not sure how the player base stayed around after the game was released.

Last edited:
Though this list is incomplete, it does show one thing very clearly which is the lack of variety of genres on MS side. It is dominated by FPS/TPS & Racing games and most of them belong to the same IP.

demigod

Who refers to themselves in third person?

Also is this a stealth thread to shame MS for their lack of good exclusives or one which is trying to paint them in a better position than they are? I seriously can't tell.

OP must be related to Freedom Gate Co.

Dargor

Man, list war thread and the OP doesn't even make a complete list to begin with. This is gonna go well.

Originally I was expecting a sharing of opinions for each console in civil discourse but everyone skipped the OP. Even The mod that added the third poll option did not read the OP, or to be a bit better in tone, may have skimmed over the OP. It was a long OP so I don't directly blame anyone who did so.

The thread instead almost immediately went to console warring and namimg PS4 games that go against the criteria of the OP. What's worse is that people only did that for Sony, setting this thread up as an anti-Sony thread. Which slightly upsets me since it took me 3 hours to make the OP.

This isnt me exaggerating either, this was about retail games that were either first party games or games published by Sony or MS.

Whats more interesting is that the thread opens talkimg about listing core games first and omitting PSVR and Kinect titles, yet people are listing VR games as missing. But notice they don't do the same for Kinect.

Horizon Zero Dawn seems to be the only listed game in any of the above posts I actually missed, Almost every other game was published by a third party. But past is the past.

I really dont want to come off a particular way but there seems to be a very confrontational attitude to comparisons between these two systems. Of course this thread was made to try and fix that but failed sadly.

I was hoping for a civil sharing of opinions, which is why I made such a long OP, even criticizing my preferred side. I was hoping for long posts about people disagreeing but UNDERSTANDING the other sides point of view. But I guess I didn't realize the climate and that this idea would end up not working very well in the end.

Maybe my thread idea was a bit too ambitious, especially for a semi-new returning member.

As a result of the misunderstandings I changed the poll to close in one hour.

To be clear though I have no anger toward anyone here, nor am I trying to attack anyone. I'll just have to come up with different thread ideas that work better in the climate. I hope the pending Crackdown 3 OT will receive better reception. I hope my threads avoid causing misunderstandings in the future.

TLZ

Banned
Dude, you really should put more effort in listing all the games fairly. Putting an incomplete half-assed PS4 list and comparing it to a full Xbox list, then typing up all that and telling people to complete your list? Then you go on to exclude VR? Why? Because you're comparing it to the shit Kinect which don't exist no more? How's that VR's problem? And you still somehow call this fair? Can't take you seriously like this.

And after all that you ask for civil opinions? C'mon.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Originally I was expecting a sharing of opinions for each console in civil discourse but everyone skipped the OP. Even The mod that added the third poll option did not read the OP, or to be a bit better in tone, may have skimmed over the OP. It was a long OP so I don't directly blame anyone who did so.

The thread instead almost immediately went to console warring and namimg PS4 games that go against the criteria of the OP. What's worse is that people only did that for Sony, setting this thread up as an anti-Sony thread. Which slightly upsets me since it took me 3 hours to make the OP.

This isnt me exaggerating either, this was about retail games that were either first party games or games published by Sony or MS.

Whats more interesting is that the thread opens talkimg about listing core games first and omitting PSVR and Kinect titles, yet people are listing VR games as missing. But notice they don't do the same for Kinect.

Horizon Zero Dawn seems to be the only listed game in any of the above posts I actually missed, Almost every other game was published by a third party. But past is the past.

I really dont want to come off a particular way but there seems to be a very confrontational attitude to comparisons between these two systems. Of course this thread was made to try and fix that but failed sadly.

I was hoping for a civil sharing of opinions, which is why I made such a long OP, even criticizing my preferred side. I was hoping for long posts about people disagreeing but UNDERSTANDING the other sides point of view. But I guess I didn't realize the climate and that this idea would end up not working very well in the end.

Maybe my thread idea was a bit too ambitious, especially for a semi-new returning member.

To be clear though I have no anger toward anyone here, nor am I trying to attack anyone. I'll just have to come up with different thread ideas that work better in the climate. I hope the pending Crackdown 3 OT will receive better reception. I hope my threads avoid causing misunderstandings in the future.

If you’re taking out 3rd party exclusives then there is a lot more to remove.

2013 has Ryse (Crytek) and Dead Rising 3 (Capcom) for example.

If you’re taking out 3rd party exclusives then there is a lot more to remove.

2013 has Ryse (Crytek) and Dead Rising 3 (Capcom) for example.

I also said if Microsoft or Sony partnered with tp games and published them worldwide at the top of the OP. Among other things.

But again it's fine, this thread didn't work as intended, Im not here to play the blame game, what's done is done for this thread.

But thanks for your comment.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Take away MS's third party games and their list is thinner.

Take away Sony's annual baseball game and their list gets thinner.

Take away each side's remastered/collection kinds of games and both their lists get thinner.

Last edited:

demigod

Take away MS's third party games and their list is thinner.

Take away Sony's annual baseball game and their list gets thinner.

Take away each side's remastered/collection kinds of games and both their lists get thinner.

Take away Microsoft’s annual Forza racing game and their list gets thinner.

Vawn

Banned
Lol at this thread. "Maybe if I list all the Xbox exclusives and only 25% of PS4's, people will buy Xbox".

thelastword

Banned
There are so many titles missing on the PS4 side OP.......Where is Resogun, Sound Shapes, Flower, FLow, DC Universe, Divekick....Now that's only launch...

What about Journey, Horizon Zero Dawn, SFV, USF4, Nex Machina, Matterfall, Alienation, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Parrapa The Rapper Remastered, Hohokum, Hustle Kings, Singstar, Dead Nation, Super Stardust, Drawn to Death, Doki Doki, Knack 2, Entwined, The unfinished Swan, Fat Princess, Bound, Planetside 2 ......and the list goes on and on........

No offense to the cool Microsoft fans on Gaf (you know who you are and are awesome blokes) but lately, we have been getting some weird ass MS centric threads.

Last edited:

LMJ

I can't appreciate the hard work and effort that clearly went into your post, but surely you can understand why some people felt affronted at your choice to exclude the PSVR, third-party exclusives.

If we choose to include those than let's be honest, it does paint the Xbox in a worse light than the PS4. Exclusives wise.

Whether that was your intention I sincerely doubt, but I don't think it's reasonable to get frusterated at people because they claim the list doesn't seem fair, instead of getting put out perhaps try explaining why you came to the conclusion you did in a better way...

Vawn

Banned
No offense to the cool Microsoft fans on Gaf (you know who you are and are awesome blokes) but lately, we have been getting some weird ass MS centric threads.

They noticed mods don't enforce fanboy threads or console shilling as much as before, so they're jumping at the opportunity. It's much more prevalent with whichever console is less popular, as PS4 fans don't feel the need to be as loud as the platform is already so much more relevant.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Here is the problem with your original post.

know people will disagree with my view of 2014 and 2015 for Sony, but I think it should be taken into consideration to understand the opposing viewpoint. Sony and Microsoft clearly started this generation in two completely different directions with MS being more experimental and Sony playing it more safe and the library's up to 2015 have shown this so far. Sure, it's clear several of Microsofts games that wentt outside of the box didn't hit the home run they were hoping for, but they also had games that would cater to the core base as well. I have no issue with Sony playing safe with similar games, collections, or remasters, I just think that not only did they do it way too early, but it felt like it was used to pad the library almost every year.

So continuing on and talking about 2016.

The output this year was a lot more even, and both consoles had some great games. But once again we run into the same issue that has been annoying me since 2014 and not just me either, you can see opinions from many PS4 players, even fans, about this same thing when talking about the PS4 in a void by itself. On the Xbox One side, your opinion on the 4 games can vary, but they are all 4 brand new games. 3 of the PS4 games are not, you have 2 remasters and a remake.

You wanted us to consider your viewpoint and tried to make it seem like PlayStation fans felt the same way regarding titles in 2013-2016 when that is absolutely not true.

If this asset me was even remotely accurate, then you would say that Xbox gamers didn't like what Microsoft was releasing and the sales and rating prove that.

You really can't say this is how PS fans felt while excluding games from the list because they're third party. It pushes the false narrative that PS fans were complaining about the games released on the PS4 by making the list appear smaller and that obviously was not true and that's what people are having a problem with.

Barakov

Overall, I prefer the PS4. If you just look at the exclusives listed(again this is veerrrrryyyy subjective), I can kinda, maybe, sorta see why the OP would give the edge to Xbox but you add the exclusives not listed on there and there really is no contest. PS4 has so many exclusives it's mind boggling when you think about it.

thelastword

Banned
Now by excluding what type of exclusives you could list, the OP blacklisted so many vital games to the PS4 library and games that actually cause lots of varied people to own the console....So I think he is missing the point.......

If you have to list the many VR games, The Japanese exclusives, The playlink games, Even camera and move games, Hey Even playroom caused many people to buy a PS4 and play with the minigames etc.........I mean, you could just go on naming PS4 exclsuives per genre like Fighting; (SFV, Guilty Gear, KOF 13, Under Night in Birth, Blaze Blue, etc etc...) Then you go to RPG's, then Action Adventure games...etc etc....You will just keep naming exclusives for a while.....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You know, for a place dubbed "SonyGAF", and still seeing this narrative repeated to this day, we sure do get more of these types threads in comparison.

93xfan

Banned
I just like Halo a lot :p
So I’m gonna go Xbox but objectively speaking I’d say PlayStation is the winner here.

Despite all the issues though, MCC and Halo 5 are my two most played games this gen.

Same here. I voted PS4, as I loved uncharted 4, Gravity Rush HD and the Team ICO games, but I just can’t pull myself away from Halo multiplayer.

It’s Halo and the BC that makes me lean towards the Xbox.

Edit: where is Ori? That game deserves to be on this list

Last edited:

gioGAF

I saw this ridiculous poll earlier today and just brushed it off as another one of the intermittent pro-Microsoft threads that keep popping up. It is basically set up to exclude most Sony exclusives and make it seem like there was some sort of close contest this generation. Basically: "If we exclude most PS4 exclusives because of reasons, how do you think the remaining exclusives compare?"

If you say anything to the contrary, you are pointed over to the exclusion criteria. Like that somehow makes it okay to omit a ton of exclusives so the comparison looks remotely competitive. Yawn...

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
For me personally, PlayStation 4 dominates with a whopping 15 exclusives compared to 4 exclusives for Xbox One. Hell, in less than two years, I have 3 exclusives for Switch. For Xbox 360, I had double the exclusives with 8 total. I don't see Xbox One matching what I had for Xbox 360.

I also have Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima and TLOUP2 for PS4 which would make the total 18 games. Left Alive is a 50/50 game for me as is Judgment so I could have 20 total exclusives for PS4 before the gen ends.

Everyone be flippin out about missing PS4 exclusives lol. There are plenty of Xbox One exclusives also missing, Ori and the Blind Forest being a glaring one. D4 and Ashen also missing.
For me personally, PlayStation 4 dominates with a whopping 15 exclusives compared to 4 exclusives for Xbox One. Hell, in less than two years, I have 3 exclusives for Switch. For Xbox 360, I had double the exclusives with 8 total. I don't see Xbox One matching what I had for Xbox 360.

I also have Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima and TLOUP2 for PS4 which would make the total 18 games. Left Alive is a 50/50 game for me as is Judgment so I could have 20 total exclusives for PS4 before the gen ends.
Where are you getting only four exclusives for the Xbox One?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Where are you getting only four exclusives for the Xbox One?

I meant exclusives that I played and completed. Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Quantum Break and Gears of War 4 are the four games. The rest are of no interest to me.

For PS4, it's Knack, The Order: 1886, Until Dawn, Alienation, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Shadow of the Beast, Yakuza Zero, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nex Machina, Matterfall, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Yakuza Kiwami, Knack 2, God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Spider Man. Now that I typed it out, it's actually 18 exclusives.

Top Bottom