• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMPLETE. TOTAL. TERROR. - Post your favorite dark/disturbing music (Industrial, Rock, whatever)

carlosrox

Banned
I'll start off with some faves of mine. God I love this shit.

The sounds of INDUSTRY are irresistible!! Sounds like some kind of printing press or staple gun or something! Gotta love it.

This song and Du Hast kinda creeped me out when I first heard them as a kid.

I love the dark tone of the video/music. So ominous.

Awesome video.

Love the 12 Monkeys usage.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Some nice stuff posted already! I will check these all out!

This era of Cypress Hill definitely leaned into a more creepy tone and I love it. Ice Cube dis.

All-time classic.

I love the raw energy of this one.

This isn't really dark per se but it's definitely hard. These guys were actual Bloods and Crips who apparently set their differences aside to make this music but they basically rap about killing eachother, it's pretty intense. My fave line is "it's like a Nightmare on ELM STREET WHEN I CREEP!"

He straight up raps about killing some guy who's fucking his wife in this song lol.... I mean I assume it's not for real but it's still pretty graphic content.

Trippy video.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
anything by Lifelover:

or Silencer:

s0c63Hnl3TUK7r3AsF4oMbw01Gjt3fWfa2VXCitiVZ0.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
Gotta appreciate any post paying homage to THE best horror movie 👍

That's not Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978!! (I love The Thing but IOTBS is seriously special)

That reminds me, the music in that movie is seriously fucking unsettling. Check this shit out.
The movie has some serious fucking nightmare fuel in it. The music is unsettling and the way noone even seems to notice the screaming of these creatures in the middle of the street in broad daylight is some terrifying shit. The crack on the glass is just perfect foreshadowing.

If you haven't seen this movie you must. It's nearly perfect.

Oh and that scene is a callback to the end of the original movie. Just perfection.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
"Hollywood" by System of a Down just evokes pure melancholy sadness. And it's more relevant now than its ever been before if you ask me.

That entire album is special to me. I love it from start to finish and it was the last CD I ever bought. This also coincided with me finishing up art school and getting my very first job! So yeah, tons of nostalgia and the album always takes me back to that time.

GodofWhimsy

That's not Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978!! (I love The Thing but IOTBS is seriously special)

That reminds me, the music in that movie is seriously fucking unsettling. Check this shit out.
The movie has some serious fucking nightmare fuel in it. The music is unsettling and the way noone even seems to notice the screaming of these creatures in the middle of the street in broad daylight is some terrifying shit.

I haven't seen this, but that one iconic scene in which Donald Sutherland's character points at his friend as she runs to embrace him and starts screeching like a beast always creeped the shit out of me. Very effective.

It's definitely on my "to watch" list though.

Top Bottom