• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMPLETE. TOTAL. TERROR. - Post your favorite dark/disturbing music (Industrial, Rock, whatever)

suEcide

Are you sure? In the song itself it sounds like he's talking about his dad.

The band's singer, Jonathan Davis, has stated that the song is about a painful experience of being molested as a child and not being believed.[2] However, he denied it was about physical or sexual abuse at the hands of his father, and the title and some concepts within the song stem from his parents not believing him. The song caused many to assume that Jonathan's father Rick Davis had molested his son. It is a source of embarrassment for Rick, though his son has gone on the record in many interviews saying it was actually written about a family friend. Jonathan and Rick both decided not to say who the person was.[3]

In an early Kerrang! magazine interview, Davis commented on the song:

"When I was a kid, I was being abused by somebody else and I went to my parents and told them about it, and they thought I was lying and joking around. They never did shit about it. They didn't believe it was happening to their son.... I don't really like to talk about that song. This is as much as I've ever talked about it...."[4]

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Davis stated that he is comfortable performing the song now. Davis has also uploaded a video discussing the song to YouTube. In the video, he said that the abuser was his babysitter; who had since died

Always found metal , especially death metal or black metal silly instead of dark or scary.

I do love the sense of urgency found in old industrial and punk and post punk though.

Sometimes its so much more terrifying to whisper then to yell

LPD have written about 40 albums now that are all variations on the apocalypse or post apocalypse, or stepping on a train and never stepping off

Bonus : Old School Skinny Puppy could be horrifying..fuck this just reminds how clean and boring music is now...no one makes music like the need to anymore

Last edited:

Airola

This is from the last album of a Christian band Vengeance Rising. It was fronted by Roger Martinez, a devout Christian and a pastor.
The vocals in this song are like someone in Hell yelling HELP ME, PLEASE, ANYBODY, HELP ME over and over again.

After this album Roger Martinez became a Satanic Atheist (by his own words) and started to work on an album called Realms of Blasphemy that never ended up getting done and released.
Also, from the band's wiki:
The album [Realms of Blasphemy] had a strong satanic and anti-Christian theme, sporting titles such as: "Synagogues for Satan" and "Blaspheme the Holy Ghost".
After the September 11, 2001 attacks occurred, Martinez offered free albums from his website for military personnel to encourage a "holy war against Christians".

This song is about him being molested by his father as a kid. He full on weeps on the record. Heavy shit.

I came into this thread to see if anyone posted Korn, but I was thinking of this song.

Lead singer Jon Davis used to work as an autopsy assistant at a coroner's office. One day he saw a dead baby come in. She had been raped and beaten by her father, and her legs were bent behind her like a doll. Davis recalled:

"She was an 11-month-old little baby girl. Her legs were broken back behind her, and he had raped her like a toy doll and chucked her in the bathroom. It was the most heinous thing I've ever seen in my life and I still have nightmares about it.

teezzy

Banned
KoRn were my favorite band from like the age of 11 until I turned 18 or so and got heavy into Sonic Youth.

Some of their stuff hasn't aged as well as it could have, but I'll be damned if Jonathan Davis didn't pour his heart out into the lyrical content. There's some really dark stuff there.

carlosrox

Banned
I don't think it was his Father. I think it was Jon's babysitter or a family friend if I'm not mistaken. Creepy song, for sure.

Ah yes actually I remember hearing about this.

It's weird though, the song does sound like it's about his father being the one who did it.

Sonic Youth.

I only know about them thanks to this song from the High Tension trailer. Suits the movie perfectly. Disturbing fucking movie actually, highly recommended.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Can't believe I didn't think of this before. It's very different from everything else I think.

This "song" creeeeeped me out when I was 10.

It's about apocalypse.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
This deserves to be in this thread but I think it actually deserves its own thread.

Teeny Tiny and the Witch Woman. My mom rented this from the library when I was like 7 and I fell in love with this cartoon even though it creeped me out.

This is kinda like Texas Chainsaw Massacre for kids.

ENJOY THIS MASTERPIECE AND BASK IN THE DARK SOUND DESIGN AND VISUALS ALL THROUGHOUT!!!

carlosrox

Banned
Tesseract Tesseract (with a late like!)

inspired me to bump this thread with one I was meaning to post a while ago.

Do we all know Venetian Snares ?

Some of THE damn weirdest music I've ever heard!

This music is fucking bizarre. I don't actually know much of anything about them but I've heard some of their stuff before over the years.

Give this crazy shit a listen. I'm trying to find some more tracks I remember but they're hard to track down.

Keek is the one I actually sorta enjoy, while the others are just...very interesting.

I have no idea what genre of music that is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom