• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept art of JD & Kait from Gears 4

Mista

Banned
The Coalition released two concept arts of JD & Kait. Two new faces in the Gears series. What do you think?

Dq171G2.jpg

iF0FHhM.jpg

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I think JD needs some work. Marcus got work done between his initial reveal and the final version, so hopefully they can make JD a bit more interesting.

Interesting. Cogs usually wear full body armor from top to bottom. But they're wearing jeans with ammunition strapped to their lower half. I wonder what the design philosophy was behind on their unique look.

Vire

I think the girl looks interesting from a facial/ethnicity perspective, although all I can think of with the red beanie is Deslin from Second Son.

The guy... needs work. I'll just leave it at that.

EBE

I want to them see them with their heads blown off. This is how I will spend most of my multiplayer time with them.

Fury451

Banned
I actually really like both of those. Kait looks a bit like Uncharted 2 Chloe in a beanie, but it works.

The guy is pretty generic looking admittedly, but he looks proportioned like a normal person as opposed to the half human half truck characters from the other games.

JD is going to live or die based on how much personality the voice actor can inject him with.

JD looks bland.

Kait is okay, but I would have love to see her have a more muscular body. Every female in gears are slim unfortunately.

JD looks bland.

Kait is okay, but I would have love to see her have a more muscular body. Every female in gears are this size unfortunately.

are we at the point in gaming that any white male character is considered bland regardless of how they look

i mean what do you expect them to do give him blue hair and a green mustache

It continues to look dumb how stocky males are while women are rail thin. Look at the size of the gun compared to her arm.

How hard is it to have women at least look more stocky/muscular.

one thing im interested in is the story

will it just be a story that focuses on these 2 characters...or will we get a squad story

with the 2 or 3 other characters not revealed yet

Top Bottom