Conduit 2 for Wii.

Amir0x said:
oh i can't wait this truly will be a game to showcase the visual prowess of the Wii and define a generation of FPS titles with the cutting edge wii motion plus technology and amazing line corridor box level design plus+

High Voltage has proven time and time again to be stalwarts of the hardcore gaming community, and has earned and deserves all of our anticipation and hype.
U MOTHAFUCKA :lol
 
SecretBonusPoint said:
Why Sega is backing this shit and ignoring their own japanese studio's produce is just bizarre. High Voltage must have some photo's of their execs them wanking to Sonic porn or something :lol
Or the non troll reason they dont pay jack shit to make the game so shitty sales = profit for SEGA:lol
 
i hope it'll be powered by the QUANTUM 3 engine


that oddly washed out look! that plastic wrap sheen! them beautiful jaggies... so wonderful.


EDIT: hey shantae 2 info is back
 
I give High Voltage credit for at least trying to create original IPs and dig their way out of being a licensed shovelware developer. Who knows, they might even learn from their mistakes and churn out a decent game. Not that I'm super optimistic, but everyone deserves a few chances when they're at least acting in good faith.
 
GrotesqueBeauty said:
I give High Voltage credit for at least trying to create original IPs and dig their way out of being a licensed shovelware developer. Who knows, they might even learn from their mistakes and churn out a decent game. Not that I'm super optimistic, but everyone deserves a few chances when they're at least acting in good faith.
This.

Instead of everyone shitting on them, at least give them credit for trying to put together a decent game while scrambling for a publisher. They were probably self-funded for a while, which is where the lacklusterness probably came through.

There were still a shit ton of stupid design issues (who likes constantly respawning enemies?) but the hardcore control customization and decent online modes deserve some credit. With Sega possibly funding the next game and Wii Motion + support, it might turn out to be a hit.
 

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The first had nice controls and a nice graphic engine... but it was so fucking boring and generic i couldn't play more than the first chapters before trading it for another game later.
 
I guess it doesn't take place exclusively in Atlantis. They mention Siberia, Washington D.C. and Agartha, a "legendary city at the center of the Earth."

Atlantis serves as a hub of sorts, with portals leading to different stages.
 
no one but the OP has seen this issue of NP.. every other site is saying this is a rumor and linking back to this post..

This is the APRIL issue? seriously guys, you arent going to take this with even the slightest amount of salt?
 
minus_273 said:
no one but the OP has seen this issue of NP.. every other site is saying this is a rumor and linking back to this post..

This is the APRIL issue? seriously guys, you arent going to take this with even the slightest amount of salt?
It's the May issue.
 
abstract alien said:
First was good fun with great controls. I also like how the story tied into actual events in history, so Ill be there. Just please...no more of those damned mines HV. One of the worse design choices ever.
Same here, I'm not a huge FPS fan so I just want a competent run around shooting things with great controls game (that isn't set in WW2, cel shaded, or a port of a PC game). The first Conduit provided it for me so if they improve on that at all I'm in.

minus_273 said:
no one but the OP has seen this issue of NP.. every other site is saying this is a rumor and linking back to this post..

This is the APRIL issue? seriously guys, you arent going to take this with even the slightest amount of salt?
Even ignoring the post above didn't the OP say it was an 8 page article? Seems a bit much for an April Fools joke.
 
comedy bomb said:
I guess it doesn't take place exclusively in Atlantis. They mention Siberia, Washington D.C. and Agartha, a "legendary city at the center of the Earth."

Atlantis serves as a hub of sorts, with portals leading to different stages.
There was some art for a snow area in the art book included as unlockables in The Conduit IIRC and hopefully Atlantis is similar to the Carrington Institute.
 
Despite the hate, I enjoyed the first one.

Will get this for split screen. (first FPs with split screen and good controls on wii)
Not for full price though. Will wait for it to hit <20

DeaconKnowledge said:
So this mean Conduit one was a modest success.

Good for HVS. I hope they've learned some stuff and apply it to the next game.
even if it didnt make any profits for HVS or Sega, the second game will be cheaper to make since engine is already done. f the first one sold decently, this is a good business decision since the costs are much less. Im guessing the first one sold 200-300k worldwide.
 
I just want a long, varied campaign for once. I've probably mentioned Half-Life in a few of my posts lately, but I'm really enjoying it and and completely understand why it's universally acclaimed. I'm 20 hours in and I haven't beaten the game yet. Unlike any FPS I've played before I feel rewarded just for advancing because there's a real feeling of uncovering something big and exciting, and the level of challenge is perfect in that every time I die it's because I made a mistake, not because the game did. There aren't even any cutscenes that divorce story from gameplay.

Playing a 4-6 hour campaign in The Conduit which basically just serves an introduction for the controls is disappointing. HVS doesn't have to be revolutionary, but I'd like to see a lot more work put into making the game great in single player. I think some of the elements were there, but they just didn't run with anything. I'll wait to see how The Conduit 2 turns out, but I'm optimistic that it can turn things around. If a lackluster Killzone can be followed up by a remarkably improved game, why can't it happen with The Conduit?
 

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, looks like i'm the only one who kinda enjoyed the SP. MP was an unplayable mess though. If they ironed those issues I will take a look into this.
 
comedy bomb said:
Next month is Sin and Punishment.

Reviews:

Monster Hunter Tri - 9
Red Steel 2 - 8
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa- 6.5
Beat City - 8.5
Nice, caught me off guard (though I guess it shouldn't given the gradually growing acceptance of MH in the west).
 
Lonely1 said:
Heh, looks like i'm the only one who kinda enjoyed the SP. MP was an unplayable mess though. If they ironed those issues I will take a look into this.
I enjoyed the first game. It certainly had its moments, and it kept me intrigued enough to see it through to the end.
 
I seriously can't understand the reasoning behind bothering with this.

Did the Conduit even perform well enough to justify it? I mean, why bother releasing a game that you KNOW won't sell.

As in, know for a fact. Not saying it won't be a good game, I'm sure the Conduit was a pretty good game, never bought it myself, but seriously, I think after 3 and a half years, it's relatively clear in the vast majority of cases what will and what won't sell.
 
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I seriously can't understand the reasoning behind bothering with this.

Did the Conduit even perform well enough to justify it? I mean, why bother releasing a game that you KNOW won't sell.

As in, know for a fact. Not saying it won't be a good game, I'm sure the Conduit was a pretty good game, never bought it myself, but seriously, I think after 3 and a half years, it's relatively clear in the vast majority of cases what will and what won't sell.
They don't have anything else.
 
Luigiv said:
*shakes head* You have much to learn.
Fight monsters Punchout style with super clunky controls for 30 hours. The concept is good in how you can't make pointless moves, but the actual game is just clunky and boring. The demo definitely didn't do jack for me.
 
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I seriously can't understand the reasoning behind bothering with this.

Did the Conduit even perform well enough to justify it? I mean, why bother releasing a game that you KNOW won't sell.

As in, know for a fact. Not saying it won't be a good game, I'm sure the Conduit was a pretty good game, never bought it myself, but seriously, I think after 3 and a half years, it's relatively clear in the vast majority of cases what will and what won't sell.

So, what is your opinion here? That Conduit wasn't a good game or that it didn't sell? One is arguable, the other isn't. For the amount of budget put into the Conduit it seems to have sold rather well. Sega wouldn't have gone to HVS about a second title if the first weren't successful.
 
Cow Mengde said:
Fight monsters Punchout style with super clunky controls for 30 hours. The concept is good how you can't make pointless moves, but the actual game is just clunky and boring. The demo definitely didn't do jack for me.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
 
DeaconKnowledge said:
So, what is your opinion here? That Conduit wasn't a good game or that it didn't sell? One is arguable, the other isn't. For the amount of budget put into the Conduit it seems to have sold rather well. Sega wouldn't have gone to HVS about a second title if the first weren't successful.
Oh, I thought my post was relatively clear. Sorry.

As far as I've been told, it's a pretty good game, and was relatively well received. But I was under the impression it sold like shit.
 
Cow Mengde said:
Fight monsters Punchout style with super clunky controls for 30 hours. The concept is good in how you can't make pointless moves, but the actual game is just clunky and boring. The demo definitely didn't do jack for me.
Pretty much my problem with Monster Hunter, too. I don't see how crappy controls should be required in order to enjoy the game.
 
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Oh, I thought my post was relatively clear. Sorry.

As far as I've been told, it's a pretty good game, and was relatively well received. But I was under the impression it sold like shit.
Well you're under the wrong impression.
 
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Oh, I thought my post was relatively clear. Sorry.

As far as I've been told, it's a pretty good game, and was relatively well received. But I was under the impression it sold like shit.

You've been told wrong. (About the sales. Personally I though it was a C+ game, but its heart was in the right place.)
 
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I seriously can't understand the reasoning behind bothering with this.

Did the Conduit even perform well enough to justify it? I mean, why bother releasing a game that you KNOW won't sell.

As in, know for a fact. Not saying it won't be a good game, I'm sure the Conduit was a pretty good game, never bought it myself, but seriously, I think after 3 and a half years, it's relatively clear in the vast majority of cases what will and what won't sell.
Well, if they´re making a sequel and Sega is already publishing, probably the first wasnt that much of an embarassment at retail like Kotaku wants you to believe.

The first one? It was ok!! I had some fun playing at the super ultra hard (which by the way had ONE hard stage). Multiplayer was fun for a little while too.

But now the streets are talking about improved sequels: The Conduit could go RedSteel2 on us at anytime.

And really: FPS on wii? There´s a lot of room to grow