• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

Probably old but big blowout in the latest Nintendo Power.

After a quick browse:

-Published by Sega
-2 or 4 player split screen
-new guns
-giant boss battles
-greater focus on story and art
-takes place in Atlantis (WTF)

Instro

Definitely not old, although they were teasing it at GDC. If true, it would make sense since NP was teasing a big exclusive. Do you have the issue or is this coming from somewhere else?

Also, Conduit was pretty weak outside of the good controls, game would need a significant upgrade for me to even think about a purchase.

Instro said:
Definitely not old, although they were teasing it at GDC. If true, it would make sense since NP was teasing a big exclusive. Do you have the issue or is this coming from somewhere else?

I have the issue. There's a good 8 pages on it.

Also lots of material on Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, and Arc Rise Fantasia.

And 3 pages on Shantae DS.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So this was Nintendo Power's big worldwide exclusive?

Bah

Instro said:
Damn you get your issue way early, its not even April yet. Hows it look, good or bad?

I used to get them early all the time, then that stopped. This was supposed to be my last issue, so maybe that has something to do with it. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
oh i can't wait this truly will be a game to showcase the visual prowess of the Wii and define a generation of FPS titles with the cutting edge wii motion plus technology and amazing line corridor box level design plus+

High Voltage has proven time and time again to be stalwarts of the hardcore gaming community, and has earned and deserves all of our anticipation and hype.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
comedy bomb said:
I have the issue. There's a good 8 pages on it.

Also lots of material on Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, and Arc Rise Fantasia.

And 3 pages on Shantae DS.
Why didn't you get all that good stuff out before telling us about this? :p

More details please. Especially about Arc Rise Fantasia and Shantae. Does it say anything about Arc Rise Fantasia's localization?

Kad5

Amir0x said:
oh i can't wait this truly will be a game to showcase the visual prowess of the Wii and define a generation of FPS titles with the cutting edge wii motion plus technology and amazing line corridor box level design plus+

High Voltage has proven time and time again to be stalwarts of the hardcore gaming community, and has earned and deserves all of our anticipation and hype.

I just love sarcasm.

Personally I thought the Conduit was the best FPS to be released on the Wii but that isn't saying much sadly.

Raist

Banned
Sega is publishing again?

In days and ages when relative failures hurt developpers really bad, I am still wondering how HVS can still pump out games that fast.

markatisu

Amir0x said:

I know you are being sarcastic but how sad is it that you are almost truthful given this is their 2nd "core" Wii game compared to the one and dones from everyone else :lol

I wonder if SEGA is still the publisher?

Amir0x said:

The game looks really early and plain. Concept art is interesting, with some giant bosses.

Instro

Raist said:

In days and ages when relative failures hurt developpers really bad, I am still wondering how HVS can still pump out games that fast.

I thought they said the first Conduit did rather well for them?

MYE

Raist said:

I'm sure The Conduit made a profit

Haunted

Interesting.

Although I still haven't forgiven High Voltage's bait & switch with the Gladiator game. :mad:

Actually makes sense with the cliffhanger and all... here's hoping they've hired better art and level designers for the sequel.

Raist

Banned
Instro said:
I thought they said the first Conduit did rather well for them?

Well both points were not really related :p

As for Sega's thoughts, IIRC there were some mixed signals. Early PR said "it's doing OK" while latest ones were like "we're done with that stuff, core games are bombing left and right"
Might confuse it with other Sega-published titles tho.

Vinnk

If the quality bump from Conduit 1 to Conduit 2 is the same as the quality bump of Red Steel 1 to Red Steel 2, I might be interested. If not, I will pass.

fernoca

The first one wasn't bad..
...it looked nice..had some interesting concepts and a fun multiplayer, with voicechat ..hehe..

My main gripe, was that just..everything looked..generic as hell..

Ydahs

Let's hope it's another case of 'Red Steel', where the sequel seems to be a game worth owning while the prequel wasn't.

That being said, I've yet to play The Conduit, but I did buy it recently and will pop it in soon enough!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
It wasn't either this or Go, Diego, Go! Safari Rescue 3 for the Wii. I think they made the right choice.

I'd rather they make absolutely nothing on the console, or any console for that matter lol.

I gave them a chance with Gyrostarr and I rented The Conduit, after already saying how it'll be nothing special and be overly generic, etc when it was announced -- But I still gave it a chance.

Never again. Never.

WillyFive

HVS and Hype don't mix well together.

Their most loved games have no hype and exceeds expectations (LEGO Racers).

But you hype them up, and they can't really deliver.

First was good fun with great controls. I also like how the story tied into actual events in history, so Ill be there. Just please...no more of those damned mines HV. One of the worse design choices ever.

Top Bottom