• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 pics and new interview

The game looks generic and like shit but I bet it looks much nicer in videos than these screens as I have seen a video of it before and it looks decent though weird.

Glix

Rush2thestart said:
It doesn't look good visually. I attribute that to the art. It just doesn't look good. Modern Warfare Reflex looks a good deal better than this game, and Goldeneye 007 looks even better than that.

EDIT:

It's hard to care about this game at this point. The Conduit wasn't exactly a great game. It's singleplayer was bland and its multiplayer, while fun, was hacked to hell. Black Ops and Goldeneye 007 have all my attention on the Wii right now.

With the modding/hacking situation, isn't any wii multi game hacked to hell? (this is a serious question)

gamingeek

There is suppossed to be a new trailer

Look out for it.

SEGA teases new Conduit 2 trailer for tomorrow
Coming from SEGA's Twitter...

First official trailer for Conduit 2 headed to IGN at 10am PT tomorrow! New stages, new enemies, new weapons, new new

[Nintex]

I wonder if this game will change HVS's fortunes, they seem to be in pretty deep shit putting their focus on the Wii and all.

[Nintex] said:
I wonder if this game will change HVS's fortunes, they seem to be in pretty deep shit putting their focus on the Wii and all.
I'm sure their games would sell gangbusters on other consoles :lol

2006 called, they want their trolling back.

I've always thought Wii screenshots were terrible compared to actual footage. Not sure if it's the capture software or something.

Disguises

Penguin said:
The trailer is up on IGN now

Gonna give it a watch.
Link? I can't find it :S.

Edit: Thanks ^_^.

Looks decent enough. Enjoyed the first one, so it'll probably be my first game of 2011 to I think.

CaVaYeRo

I hate when they upscale Wii 480p to 720p like this or GoldenEye. Guys, it's BAD for your game unless you render on a 720p output hardware (which has been done for other Wii games).

Not bad trailer, but the game played really, really great @ E3, so I want it ASAP.

KevinCow

Banned
Looks better than the first. I like the more open areas, as opposed to the corridors that comprised much of the first game. The more open areas were the best parts of the first one.

I'm just happy to see the Strike Rifle return. It is the best gun. For some reason I thought the drudge weapons might not be coming back.

I'm not happy to see lock-on in that brief split-screen footage. :mad:

It looks pretty good. Not an amazing improvement, but it looks better.

I'm kind of surprised by the absence of posts from Amirox. I'd like to see what he thinks of these images.

Hmm...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Some of the environments look like a huge step up but we'll see how expansive they actually are. I'm approaching this game with extreme skepticism, Conduit 1 burned me bad.

stuminus3

[Nintex] said:
I usually don't do this but:
That's awesome. :lol

I'm not going to hold too much against a game for being a mix of all the greats in a genre (see: Nanostray 2, aka Frankenstein's shmup). With that being said, I never played the original Conduit and don't have too much interest in this one, but I hope HVG/Sega can still find someone to sell this game to on Wii.

A.CHAP

Banned
Cant wait for this. Running and gunning in the conduit felt better than any other fps ever IMO. I Still cant get my head around why graphics are so important to some people.

Ydahs

Once again, screens don't do Wii games justice since it looks much better in motion. Though, after the recent Goldeneye trailers, I have to say if I were to buy a Wii FPS anytime soon it'd probably be that.

That can change depending on how much I enjoy The Conduit 1 though. Still haven't had the time to play it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm still meh on the art, but it looks fine in motion, and I think think HVS have one of the most impressive engines on the system, at least in terms of getting shaders adn what-not up and running where other developers fail completely. The levels look more open and impressive too.

But fuck that split-screen framerate. Fuck it to hell.

Poyunch

I really have no faith that the single player will be good I'm just looking forward to a Wii shooter with interesting guns.
gamingeek said:
There are suppossed to be new screens here

http://hvs-network.ning.com/main/au...id=4639705%3AAlbum%3A27659&xg_source=activity

But you have to be a hvs-network member.

Can anyone grab the pics for us?
I really hate sites that do that.

Just use the official Conduit 2 Flickr or the Conduit 2 page at Sega.
5081043863_d45362837f_o.jpg

5081043747_e42c8db567_o.jpg

5081043679_8912831c3d_o.jpg

5081043623_df63b3d14e_o.jpg

5081043523_8e6974a4b2_o.jpg

edit: This is actually a new image that doesn't seem to be anywhere else except for the Sega page.
Conduit_2_OCT_13_screen_4_med.jpg

Persona7 said:
Is the first game worth it? It completely flew under my radar.
I wouldn't buy it. The online community was horrible. Filled with hackers and glitchers. And if you want a first person shooter on the Wii you'd get a much tighter experience from Modern Warfare Reflex. Finally Conduit 2's coming out soon and it seems to be a much better package.

Poyunch

Anyway since they're supposedly implementing Streets in Conduit 2 I think the best thing they could do is actually allow people to get up on the rooftops just like glitchers did. That would be fun.

KevinCow said:
I'm just happy to see the Strike Rifle return. It is the best gun...
I was also very glad to see it. It is probably my favorite weapon of any FPS, at least made up ones (any realistic FPS with my baby FN-FAL gets instawin). Sad to say, from the pics at least, it's about all I was glad to see.

dragonfart28 said:
Can't say it looks amazing, but I'm still more hyped for this than COD#7458945.
Silly COD lubber. Any real FPS fan knows its all about Halo #5498547.

PounchEnvy said:
Anyway since they're supposedly implementing Streets in Conduit 2 I think the best thing they could do is actually allow people to get up on the rooftops just like glitchers did. That would be fun.
No, no, please no. Or at least flipping have something that prevents the same stupid level being selected 5 out of 6 times I play. I didn't like Streets btw.

Poyunch

Bending_Unit_22 said:
I was also very glad to see it. It is probably my favorite weapon of any FPS, at least made up ones (any realistic FPS with my baby FN-FAL gets instawin). Sad to say, from the pics at least, it's about all I was glad to see.
I loved when the game became a snipe fight between two Strike Rifle users. It's my favorite weapon after the SCAR and pistol. Too bad they made the SCAR fully automatic. It's either going to be too broken to be fun to use or super debuffed due to its new automatic rate of fire.
No, no, please no. Or at least flipping have something that prevents the same stupid level being selected 5 out of 6 times I play. I didn't like Streets btw.
I too grew to hate Streets but adding roof hopping might give the map new life.

PoliceCop

Banned
It's great that for all the talk about fps potential on Wii, The Conduit is the closest thing it has to a flagship fps series.

Poyunch

PoliceCop said:
It's great that for all the talk about fps potential on Wii, The Conduit is the closest thing it has to a flagship fps series.
The potential comes from the controls which Conduit got right. Don't blame the Wii for Conduit's design flaws and unprotected online.

PounchEnvy said:
I loved when the game became a snipe fight between two Strike Rifle users. It's my favorite weapon after the SCAR and pistol. Too bad they made the SCAR fully automatic. It's either going to be too broken to be fun to use or super debuffed due to its new automatic rate of fire.

I too grew to hate Streets but adding roof hopping might give the map new life.
Agreed on the first part (or part of it), some of the best times playing Conduit online were strike rifle hunts in the pentagon level (I forget the name). On the second I suppose, until I have to play it 5 out of 6 times.

dragonfart28 said:
They're making Halo for Wii now?
I did say "real" FPS didn't I?

Poyunch

Oh well then yes I agree. But it's the best the Wii will ever get. :( Unless they somehow make a series out of GoldenEye. :lol

dragonfart28 said:
Oh you're one of those hardcore sheeple.
Well if by hardcore you mean a PC lover in the just below brain-stew fashion then yes. But as regards consoles I'm clearly joking around with someone who doesn't understand humor or sarcasm. Sorry to have wasted your time.

PounchEnvy said:

These things remind so much of chrysalids from X-Com. Chrysalids being those black aliens who turn anything they bite into zombies. I've had to put down so many of my good men and women because of those bastards. :'( ...Nice touch HVS!

PounchEnvy said:

Any solid confirmation of streets coming back? I figured it would win that poll concerning returning levels but I never heard anything about it. It and Sanctum were the only levels fit for ASE capture if you weren't doing single ASE(which nobody ever picked). If not for either of those levels, I would not have even bothered with capture.

Poyunch

Yeah Sanctum and Streets were the ones that won the poll. That's all I know. Too bad Complex isn't coming back. That was a great map for sniping. Pentagon too but I hate how big it is.

edit: Well those were the top two on the Sega forum. Apparently it's one map from the Sega poll and one map from the Facebook votes. For those that dislike Streets I guess you can be relieved since Sanctum won by one vote. :lol I don't know the results of the Facebook poll though.

Maybe Streets didn't get in.

I know nothing of the popularity of the levels outside of my experience with the game itself. Streets, sanctum and pentagon seem like they may as well have been the only 3 choices on the polls if said experience is anything to go by :lol

Poyunch

Doing a bit of research apparently Streets won the Facebook poll and when ignoring Streets and Sanctum, Pentagon got the most votes.

So Streets and Sanctum won and Pentagon was noted as being popular too. Maybe that map might return. I did have some fun times there. The huge size made it possible to fend off four players by myself in team deathmatch.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Man I am happy to see this game is shaping up nicely, hopefully it exceeds expectations and is not let down by bad level design I also hope the grinder surfaces soon and provides a good online co=op L4D wii game

Bending_Unit_22 said:
Well if by hardcore you mean a PC lover in the just below brain-stew fashion then yes. But as regards consoles I'm clearly joking around with someone who doesn't understand humor or sarcasm. Sorry to have wasted your time.

No, it wasn't wasted.

Top Bottom