• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 pics and new interview

Poyunch

5gcaC.jpg

g0yEK.jpg

kXX5R.jpg

Xu7x6.jpg

2BIdF.jpg

KFOVN.jpg

OSX7H.jpg

rjCC2.jpg

50yVE.jpg

MH9rS.jpg

Much better.

Anyway ever since they've shown footage of the game I've felt that the art's gone a bit more stylized. Maybe it's just the simplistic art.

Wow, the aliens look good. I mean, yeah they're not the greatest, but the improvements are pretty clear.

OSX7H.jpg

This one definitely looks cool.

Poyunch

The art book had some awesome looking aliens and it's a shame they weren't put into the game. The Conduit definitely seemed to be bigger than what was released. Story stuff and characters were removed and so were some interesting levels and enemy designs.

Hopefully all that stuff or at least all the stuff they have planned for Conduit 2 make it in.

Also this quote seemed interesting.
Is post-release DLC possible?
Yes, we are discussing many options at this time but we are not ready to discuss anything solid yet.
Probably going to end up as nothing though. :lol

Poyunch

The game needs some better lighting. Just like the first game it feels like the enemy models are separate from the environment.

[Nintex]

I usually don't do this but:
PounchEnvy said:
5gcaC.jpg

Red Steel

g0yEK.jpg

Resistance

kXX5R.jpg

Half Life 2

Xu7x6.jpg

Call of Duty

2BIdF.jpg

HALO

KFOVN.jpg

Red Steel

OSX7H.jpg

Resistance

rjCC2.jpg

HALO

50yVE.jpg

Metroid Prime 2

MH9rS.jpg

WTF

The Conduit was pretty fun, had a Perfect Dark-ish vibe going on.

seady

Looks great. Would be awesome if we are still last generation though, because it looks better than Halo 2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The game might look good...

But if the maps and gameplay are as boring as the first game, it will still be a failure.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It looks a bit shinier and a little more solid but it still looks horribly uncoordinated. Every shot looks like it's from a completely different game.

Jme

Why do people keep saying "Looks great" and the like?

The backgrounds look worse than PS2 games. I think this looks awful.
If you hadn't told me what this was, I would think it was a low budget PC game from 10 years ago or something.

.la1n

Really not meant as a flame but from what little glimpse of N.O.V.A 2 for iphone it looked better than this, I'm very disappointed.

Threi

notag
[Nintex] said:
I usually don't do this but:

The Conduit was pretty fun, had a Perfect Dark-ish vibe going on.
what in that sentence couldn't be posted without quoting all of the pics?

gamingeek

Danielsan said:
I'm honestly baffled by people saying this looks great.
Those shots remind me of late 90s PC games.

I agree, but I remember the first screens from the first game, which eventually made a huge leap in quality once the shaders were applied. Even from the HQ footage of the first level of Conduit 2 you can see it looks better than the rig pic here.

Dennis

Banned
Danielsan said:
I'm honestly baffled by people saying this looks great.
Those shots remind me of late 90s PC games.
Well, you probably very well know that people mean they look good for a Wii game.

Nice to see the Wii get another shooter.

DennisK4 said:
Well, you probably very well know that people mean they look good for a Wii game.

Nice to see the Wii get another shooter.
These pics don't look good by any standard, they're just ugly.

Threi

notag
It doesn't look good for a Wii game though.

High Voltage just doesn't seem to understand that the Wii is limited in terms of horsepower and having the skills to hide areas where it would be apparent is just as important as having the skills to replicate fancy shader effects. They are just throwing everything out there, and the end result is an ugly mess. MP3 doesn't use a fraction of techniques conduit does yet looks so much better.

Put it this way: would this game look significantly better in dolphin?

Threi said:
It doesn't look good for a Wii game though.

High Voltage just doesn't seem to understand that the Wii is limited in terms of horsepower and having the skills to hide areas where it would be apparent is just as important as having the skills to replicate fancy shader effects. They are just throwing everything out there, and the end result is an ugly mess. MP3 doesn't use a fraction of techniques conduit does yet looks so much better.

Put it this way: would this game look significantly better in dolphin?

Dunno, think the original did pretty well on Dolphin.
dolphin2009062514315164.jpg

dolphin2009062514310160.jpg

Considering the game is certainly not huge budget (funded almost entirely in house), HVS does a pretty good job.

RavenFox

Banned
My goodness I never thought a handheld [my itouch 4th gen] would beat out a current gen console with visuals. {Epic Citadel}

Mudkips

Banned
RavenFox said:
My goodness I never thought a handheld [my itouch 4th gen] would beat out a current gen console with visuals. {Epic Citadel}

The problem with this statement is that Conduit 2 is an actual game.

MYE

RavenFox said:

I'm sticking this one in the fridge

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I wouldn't call the Wii a current gen from a graphical point of view. Its motion controls is what made it a next gen system when it was released.

Didn't Conduit 2 go multi-platform by the way? And am I crazy or isn't the PS3/Xbox360 versions meant to be top-down perspective?

gamingeek

Thunderbear said:
I wouldn't call the Wii a current gen from a graphical point of view. Its motion controls is what made it a next gen system when it was released.

Didn't Conduit 2 go multi-platform by the way? And am I crazy or isn't the PS3/Xbox360 versions meant to be top-down perspective?

You're thinking of the Grinder.

Poyunch

Thunderbear said:

You're thinking of The Grinder. HVS has stated that the Conduit franchise would stay Wii exclusive.

spats

Looks just like the first one to me. I think I'll pass on this one and hope that the waggle shooting in Killzone 3 is better.

RavenFox

Banned
Mudkips said:
The problem with this statement is that Conduit 2 is an actual game.
Don't worry I will send you the app link this Holiday for the full game. No need to thank me it will be my pleasure.

This looks terrible, not to mention generic.

I can't believe people when they consider a game like this quality third party output. This is poop.

MYE

CoffeeJanitor said:

I can't believe people when they consider a game like this quality third party output. This is poop.

Who's saying that?

It doesn't look good visually. I attribute that to the art. It just doesn't look good. Modern Warfare Reflex looks a good deal better than this game, and Goldeneye 007 looks even better than that.

EDIT:

It's hard to care about this game at this point. The Conduit wasn't exactly a great game. It's singleplayer was bland and its multiplayer, while fun, was hacked to hell. Black Ops and Goldeneye 007 have all my attention on the Wii right now.

Bit-Bit

CoffeeJanitor said:

Literally no one has mentioned that this is great. Just that it looks better than the usual crap that it looks.

Zachack

Bit-Bit said:
Literally no one has mentioned that this is great. Just that it looks better than the usual crap that it looks.
Seady said:
Looks great. Would be awesome if we are still last generation though, because it looks better than Halo 2.
Shiggy said:
Wow, it looks good.
Well, I guess good isn't great, but then you're the person who changed "quality" to "great".

Top Bottom