• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confessions That Destroy Your Gamer Credibility

Skyrim and Fallout were boring to me. Actually most sandbox games are. A million things to do, but not one single interesting thing to do.

I like Champion Edition better than Hyper Fighting. I'm talking about the arcade versions, here, the home ports are a different ballgame. I have the most embarrassing reasons, too: I find the default colour palettes for the fighters more appealing, and I think the slower speed looks more dramatic. Gameplay doesn't even factor into it!

Velurian

I played the original prince yesterday in the browser and failed. Bad.
Swordfighting man. Dunno wtf is this, but I suck at it.
I was expecting to get to half of the game with ease, but instead, I foundmyself getting killed by the swordmen in lvl 3 and not finding my way etc.
Wtf.

Last edited:

zephiross

I never was a nintendo guy except for gameboys that I only bought for pokemon games

had a gamecube, sold it for a PS2

had a Ds lite, sold it for a PSP

I have a switch because my girlfriend bought one

Mario kart 8 on switch is my second mario game of all time (sunshine was my first, I loved it but never finished it)

BotW is my first zelda game ever, but I enjoyed it even if I find the controls terrible

And last but not least...

I bought Nier Automata almost solely because of dat ass

nowhat

I bought Nier Automata almost solely because of dat ass
I don't think that destroys your credibility - there are far worse reasons for getting a game. Hell, there's a trophy in the game for viewing 2B enough times upskirt (it's called "what are you doing?" if I recall right).

nowhat

lol. I'd have done the same - but then I heard there were issues with the Steam version.
Supposedly there's an unofficial patch that fixes many of the issues. Yes, Square Enix should definitely fix their port themselves, but this is SE we're talking about so I'm not holding my breath.

radewagon

I think that Half life 2 is average.

No worries man. I, too, think it is average. It is a game that revolves around certain gameplay gimmicks that, while cool, always seem to overstay their welcome. Introduce the boat. Awesome... okay, too much boat already. Introduce the car. Awesome... okay, too much car now. Introduce Ravenholm. Awesome... okay, too much of that too. Introduce bug controlling thing. Awesome... okay, too much of that nonsense. It's like the game just didn't know how much of a good thing it should be giving the player. The really infuriating thing about this is that the base gameplay (without gimicks) is on point.

OH-MyCar

I liked NiGHTs more than Mario 64. I barely touched my N64 in that era and don't look at any of its titles with the fondness that everyone else does. Similarly, I also enjoy Sonic AllStar Racing more than most Mario Kart games.

I've never played The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, Any Gears of War, Horizon, GTA4&5 or any Smash Bros.

The first Final Fantasy I finished was Mystic Quest and I still like it.

I loved the Dance Central games for Kinect.

wvnative

I like Sonic 06 (Conceptually)

I like Final Fantasy XIII

I hate Zelda and most WRPGS/Bethesda games. (Witcher 3 is great though)

I don't understand the hardcore gamers love of Wii U and Vita, I think both are bad, gimmicky systems that deserved to bomb the way they did

Ratchet: Deadlocked is dope as hell

Dogavir

Neo Member
When I was 14, the first time I played Final Fantasy 7 I was really bad with english, and I didn't know what "saving" was, so i kept replaying the game from the start and I eventually gave up.

Codes 208

I think final fantasy is overrated. Kingdom hearts as well. The gameplay is fine and all, but i dont really care for the designs. Just seems like an anime designed by hot topic with extra pockets or belts. I mean the main character in ffxv looks like sasuke except just a tad bit more feminine and cloud looks like if yugi could go super saiyan...also looking a bit more feminine (but i think they were self aware with that considering the cross-dressing mission)

#2weeb4me

I reviewed Sonic Adventure for a rather well known magazine back in the day and I called it the best 3d platform game ever.

(and while that might have been a slight hyperbole I still think there's a lot to love about that game)

Ooh, that's really cool. Which magazine? And yeah, Sonic Adventure is great.

As for one of mine, Code Veronica is the only Resident Evil game I've played.

DonF

No worries man. I, too, think it is average. It is a game that revolves around certain gameplay gimmicks that, while cool, always seem to overstay their welcome. Introduce the boat. Awesome... okay, too much boat already. Introduce the car. Awesome... okay, too much car now. Introduce Ravenholm. Awesome... okay, too much of that too. Introduce bug controlling thing. Awesome... okay, too much of that nonsense. It's like the game just didn't know how much of a good thing it should be giving the player. The really infuriating thing about this is that the base gameplay (without gimicks) is on point.
Yeah. I mean, people talk about it like its the citizen kane of videogames and its nothing that groundbreaking, even for its time. It was cool at release, but I played it again like 2 years after the orange box was released and I was totally underwhelmed, it has aged poorly.

BurstZyn

Well like i said in my introduction, i went from NES straight to the PS2, and never owned anything in between. Ive played the N64, PlayStation, Xbox, and the gamecube at friends and family members house. And i have never ever touched a SNES or any Sega console besides Dreamcast

Until 2 years ago, when my DS broke, I only used the action replay with the games, never playing the base game itself. Even when I purchased the newer DS games, it was just straight to the Action Replay.

Breakage

I've never played Super Mario 64. (I've never beaten a Mario game.)
I still haven't completed GTA V despite getting it on launch day in 2013. (I've only put a few hours in, which is unusual for me when it comes to GTA. But difficult events in my life have lead me to repeatedly delay a full play through. It'll happen one day though, hopefully.)
I've never completed a Souls game despite owning Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition, Dark Souls LE (PS3 version) and Dark Souls on Xbox 360.
But hey, my backlog is tiny compared to most people.

Last edited:
I only truly enjoy strategy games with cheats. Even Civ-especially Civilization. I like crushing everyone under my iron fist even though Im not great at it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As much as I enjoyed the cast in Persona 3 &4, I personally like the cast in Persona 5 much more.

Add me to the actually likeed Metroid Other M train too, once I get used to that awkward control scheme. Metroid Prime 2 is the only console Metroid I've not cared enough to beat.

I did not like Earthbound.

I like New Super Mario Bros. U more than Super Mario Bros. 3.

I think that's it.

Dr.brain64

I have never played an online game (that requires ps plus) on Playstation (ps3,ps4) ever even though I've been a plus subscriber since the beginning (still am). I receive emails from them saying 0 hours played online. I'm actually proud of this...

Also I have not played botw more than 5 minutes before falling asleep. I've tried starting this game 4 times now... I do consider this one to be the worst game design from nintendo yet. I have beaten near 100% ALL zeldas before botw btw (including handhelds).

nowhat

Also I have not played botw more than 5 minutes before falling asleep. I've tried starting this game 4 times now... I do consider this one to be the worst game design from nintendo yet.
I wouldn't go so far, but count me in the "seriously not so impressed by BotW"-camp. I just figured not enjoying Soulsbornes was controversial enough, I'll leave it at that :)

ExpandKong

Banned
I would absolutely love an “easy mode” in Soulsborne games. I’m a grown ass man now and I don’t have the time anymore to bash my head against a metaphorical wall until I “git gud” for something as obtuse as these games seem to be, but I love the art design and music and atmosphere and all that.

CuNi

I'm the "speedrun and try hard guy" of my friends group.. I only ever speedrun portal and poorly at that. I also never try hard. It's just apparently I'm good in shooters.

Besides a Gameboy that I owned as a kid, the Nintendo Switch was my first Nintendo home console. What this means is that many of the hallowed Nintendo games that many folks are fans of and grew up adoring I did not play or of I did, I did not finish. No nostalgia for Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. Big gaping hole in my gaming past when it comes to Nintendo games.

I grew up a PlayStation kid.

Top Bottom