• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Aksys publishing 999 sequel (3DS, probably Vita) in NA by year's end

In the latest Nintendo Power; can't post a link due to scans. I assume the Vita version is coming as well, but considering the source, it unsurprisingly isn't mentioned.

Also, the US title has apparently not been finalized yet. That's about it.

Reminds me that I must finish 999. Got one of the bad endings, I just gotta motivate myself to quickly get the second bad ending, get the third bad ending, then finish the game.

Great fucking news though. I cannot wait!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wonderful that it's coming over. Hopefully both versions--even if the Vita version ends up being PSN-only, that's still better than no release!

As usual, I'll note that Aksys doesn't have great distribution in Canada and hopefully they manage to fix that soon. I know it's tough being a little publisher so I don't hold it against them.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
costanza-stoked-o.gif

158776.gif

Takao

Banned
Wonderful news, I shall be importing day one.

EDIT: PSV version best not be PSN only, that would suck hard.

I don't know why the Vita version would be PSN-only. Sony's never been one to throw fusses for low print runs, and Aksys is publishing yet another version of BlazBlue on Vita at retail.

kadotsu

Banned
I hope Ghostlight or Rising Star Games pick this up for Europe. There is still enough of a drought on both systems. It's the perfect environment for a cult hit.

LegatoB

Let's just make sure we get that 999 quality control on it and not the Blazblue Extend quality control on it, mmmkay?

Roto13

Wonderful that it's coming over. Hopefully both versions--even if the Vita version ends up being PSN-only, that's still better than no release!

As usual, I'll note that Aksys doesn't have great distribution in Canada and hopefully they manage to fix that soon. I know it's tough being a little publisher so I don't hold it against them.

Yes, I live right downtown in Toronto and it took me six damn weeks to find a copy of 999 locally. It's ridiculous.

If they can manage to do their part and put a copy of the sequel in front of me, I'll definitely buy it. I loved 999.

What about Europe. This time around, I can't actually import. Fuck you Nintendo for region locking. *goes back to play 999*

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't know why the Vita version would be PSN-only. Sony's never been one to throw fusses for low print runs, and Aksys is publishing yet another version of BlazBlue on Vita at retail.

Right, but by the fall we'll have a better sense of what the Vita retail market is like. If retailers aren't biting for particular types of software or if publishers aren't seeing good returns, they'll know by then. I didn't mean to be premature or doom-saying at all, just that the PSP had a really vibrant back half even when retailers were not friendly to it, thanks largely to the fact that PSN was a viable platform to release on.

giggas

So excited about this. Was thinking maybe this would be passed over for a US release. Glad to see it hasn't been.

Gambit

What about Europe. This time around, I can't actually import. Fuck you Nintendo for region locking. *goes back to play 999*

Yes, what about us poor souls? I want it! I need more Clover, even Jumpy.

EDIT: worst comes to worst, I'll buy the eventual 3DS redesign from North America. Best of both worlds!

Vita is not an options yet

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm going to have a hard time deciding what handheld to get this on (assuming it is also released in NA for Vita).

Lausebub

Banned
Wow, this post feels a little "illegal", so I'll try to get it right.

You can see the scan of the magazine on a certain banned webpage. One hint: Beard.

PS: What about Europe? :(

Thoraxes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I haven't been this happy since Phoenix Wright X Layton was announced!

sSNd3.gif

Ken

In the latest Nintendo Power; can't post a link due to scans. I assume the Vita version is coming as well, but considering the source, it unsurprisingly isn't mentioned.

Also, the US title has apparently not been finalized yet. That's about it.

Yay. Loved 999. Might double dip on both versions if they make it here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Right, but by the fall we'll have a better sense of what the Vita retail market is like. If retailers aren't biting for particular types of software or if publishers aren't seeing good returns, they'll know by then. I didn't mean to be premature or doom-saying at all, just that the PSP had a really vibrant back half even when retailers were not friendly to it, thanks largely to the fact that PSN was a viable platform to release on.

This could also be the time where a smaller publisher cuts a decent download only deal with Sony though, especially using the 3DS version as leverage.

A lot of smaller publishers would be thrilled to not have to buy expensive media cards if they could get away with it. Same with packaging costs and other middleman fees.

Top Bottom