• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed by Bloomberg: Microsoft brings back Halo veteran Joseph Staten to get Infinite back on track

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Yeah, I think 2022 is looking more and more likely.

Also, let's all just agree on this:

The budget is at, or will be, 500 million dollars.
Joe did immense work on the halo's but he was more a story guy. Other than shitty looking this makes me think the story, plot etc are also shit and need to be re-written which is going to take a lot of time

truth411

Yeah, I think 2022 is looking more and more likely.

Also, let's all just agree on this:

The budget is at, or will be at, 500 million dollars when all is said and done.
It seams just crazy to me, I understand 100 million, but 1/2 a billion?! Since the game was supposed to be launched this year, that means they blew through that budget already. What the heck were they doing? Someone should be fired at the leadership level.

Chiggs

It seams just crazy to me, I understand 100 million, but 1/2 a billion?! Since the game was supposed to be launched this year, that means they blew through that budget already. What the heck were they doing? Someone should be fired at the leadership level.

It's a mess.
  • 5 years of development (so far)
    • Numerous departures and lost time
  • New engine
  • Marketing deals that have fallen through + partners that need to be reimbursed
This is a golden opportunity for Staten, though. He can make Bonnie Ross look like a real moron.

Last edited:

Zato

Banned
How embarrassing for all this publicly play out, 343 have been incompetent and Phil as the overall leader of Xbox should have managed the scenario better.

calamity in the face of launch with their premier franchise, customer confidence it does not instill.

From dropping sales, reviews, MCC disaster and now this.....Halo has been slowly beat down under Phil and 343.

clowns

bender

What time is it?
Jason Statham? Yes!
image-asset.jpeg

Oh.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Im just baffled thinking what this game has to sell to get even close to even

longdi

Banned
How embarrassing for all this publicly play out, 343 have been incompetent and Phil as the overall leader of Xbox should have managed the scenario better.

calamity in the face of launch with their premier franchise, customer confidence it does not instill.

From dropping sales, reviews, MCC disaster and now this.....Halo has been slowly beat down under Phil and 343.

clowns

Maybe Bonnie haven't been clear and honest when providing studio update... there has to be trust when dealing with your studios

Entroyp

clowns

The guy was so confident prior to the Xbox showcase in July that one has to think if it was out of arrogance or ineptitude.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Joe is good news for long time Halo fans.

Joe's current role at MS seems to be more of Project Manager/Fixer/Get the game to ship w/ Crackdown 3 being the last major AAA release he worked on. He got brought onto that game late in development as well.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
You do have to wonder what's going on, much like when people questioned Bob Iger's hesitance to fire Kathleen Kennedy, despite there being ample reason to do so.
Imo pushing this news on Bloomberg feels like Phil is starting to play hard. Someone is getting taken into account, shareholders don't like such news ..

Top Bottom