• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed - FarCry: New Dawn

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
dMFMuOw.jpg
What an absolutely terrible key art.

0UVyYNu.gif

They're getting worse and worse every year.

"Fuck the effort" (c) Ubisoft

Yeah, no, not feeling this.

Wokeness aside it's probably just a reskinned Far Cry 5 and on top of that Far Cry 5 had a perfect Twilight Zone esque ending, but I guess they're giving the SJWs what they wanted and that's the chance to finally take down the white male villain.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

Wokeness aside it's probably just a reskinned Far Cry 5 and on top of that Far Cry 5 had a perfect Twilight Zone esque ending, but I guess they're giving the SJWs what they wanted and that's the chance to finally take down the white male villain.
The two women are the villains though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

please tell me this is sarcasm...

kingwingin

“Although we can’t say for sure what role the two women on the cover of Far Cry New Dawn will play, they do have a strung up white man in the background, while they sit in the foreground, looking over their shoulders menacingly, holding large weapons. Yeah, they bad.”

They wont be that bad when i blast their tits off

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
IT'S HAPPENING

After the bombs drop, everyone wears paintball gear

Last edited:

And they spoiled the ending for 5. Not feeling the trailer. Maybe I’m just burnt on Post Apoc stuff.

GenericUser

They are not doing the franchise any favors by releasing ( or "leaking) new entries so frequently.

Looks uninspired and dull.

Last edited:
Can't wait for Resetera and game journalists to bitch about Far Cry 5's bad guy being redeemed and the black female villains.
Fucking Ubisoft lmao

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yep. Looks interesting. Cool villains, nice art direction. Assuming this is a spinoff (like Primal), I am pretty interested in trying it out. Did they confirm if it will be a full priced or budget title?

Well would you look at that. The ladies on the front are the villains and the assumptions made a few hours earlier are all irrelevant. We can all unknot our knickers and go about our lives again

Well would you look at that. The ladies on the front are the villains and the assumptions made a few hours earlier are all irrelevant. We can all unknot our knickers and go about our lives again

i wouldn't say that. Its just another case of the actual game part of FarCry not following through on the provocative messaging the cover art was trying to convey. The difference here vs 4 and 5 is the game wasn't revealed with this cover art, seeing as it was "leaked", so maybe some slack should have been given.

Ok, after seeing the trailer, it looks fine, I'll play it.

It's a little bold to make those girls the villains, though I'm not too surprised given that I wound up really liking the story in Far Cry 5, history has repeated itself whereas at first glance 5 seemed like it was gonna be some SJW bullshit but turned out to be a lot more even handed than that, same deal here.

Seems like Ubisoft handles this modern culture pretty ok, does not go too whole hog into SJWism, contrast that with DICE and EA.

looks like they copied Rage 2 style

It really does look like Rage 2 but present day and not sci fi.

That's ok with me.

Freeman76

5 had too many issues and after 4 being mediocre as well it turned me off the series for good. They created awesome worlds with boring gameplay and stories/characters that are so juvenile I muted the voices lol. Have no reason to buy another thing from this series Ubi.

Armorian

Banned
Can't wait for Resetera and game journalists to bitch about Far Cry 5's bad guy being redeemed and the black female villains.
Fucking Ubisoft lmao

Backlash will be so big they will have to change them to white male twins.

edit: I would like Father as MC, inner monologues etc.

Last edited:

120v

FC5 was good but at the same time felt like a whole bunch of nothing in the end (aside from the wtf ending). one of my favorite franchises but i think i'm finally burnt out. i'll see where this one goes though

RedVIper

Banned
I don't consider it reset levels, but the amount of posts zeroing in on calling Ubisoft SJWs, and the speed at which they were posted here, makes me think NeoGAF is heading in that direction. It just doesn't match what I actually see from the teaser trailer and the cover. The response so far has been disproportionate, in my opinion.

I could give a shit about the cover really, I did try to get people to to stop talking about the wokeness.

But I got admit seing kotaku articles (And the other forum) celebrating the death of half my family, gets kinda of annoying after a while. They don't even try to hide the racism so think there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.

But still, hope it's better than fc 5, I didn't enjoy the setting nearly as much as fc3 and the series has been suffering from release fatigue imo, same as every other ubisoft game I guess.

klosos

Dont look to bad , ill pick it up much further down the line. I never finish Ubisoft open world games but i allways seem to get 20-30 hours entertainment outta of them before putting the game down for good.

That front cover is really bad , like a Tumbler artist wet dream. i mean if you showed me this without knowing what game this is , id have said RAGE 2 for sure

Last edited:

El_Belmondo

I'm laughting my ass off just because of the fact that so many people got triggered by the cover.

That was a good one, Ubi.

Last edited:

KonradLaw

So its FarCry 5.5 ?
It is essentially a standalone expansion pack. It's not full priced, so IMO it's a good thing. Plus I like that I will be able to return to old locations and see them in changed form. This is one of the things that makes Yakuza so good.

It is essentially a standalone expansion pack. It's not full priced, so IMO it's a good thing. Plus I like that I will be able to return to old locations and see them in changed form. This is one of the things that makes Yakuza so good.

It's not gonna be $60?

That's good but also a little surprising.

KonradLaw

I'm laughting my ass off just because of the fact that so many people got triggered by the cover.

That was a good one, Ubi.
Yeah, cover was leadked and it was "OMG! Queens! Diversity" and "ughh...SJW nonsense". Game was revealed and the reactions are reverse :D
Far Cry team has the most balls out of Ubisoft internal studios it seems.

El_Belmondo

Yeah, cover was leadked and it was "OMG! Queens! Diversity" and "ughh...SJW nonsense". Game was revealed and the reactions are reverse :D
Far Cry team has the most balls out of Ubisoft internal studios it seems.

To be honest i don't care about all that shit and i don't understand how anyone could. If they're putting me in the skin of a lesbian black woman shooting men in the nuts while burning <insert country> flags i'll be okay with that, as long as the game is genuinely good.

And to be completely honest with you, to see so many people triggered by a videogame cover in a community that mocks SJW for being easily triggered is beatifully ironic.

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

I really like the look of this. The voice was a bit too sassy for my taste, but I'm interested about two characters.

btw, this reminds me; does that Wolfenstein game ever come out? The one with BJ's daughters.

Ogbert

I'm surprised the woke mob aren't angry about the ladies having blonde hair. Isn't that stripping them of their African heritage and applying European standards of beauty?

Reasonably keen though. I enjoyed FC5. Does reek of asset flip though.

Kadayi

Banned
And to be completely honest with you, to see so many people triggered by a videogame cover in a community that mocks SJW for being easily triggered is beatifully ironic.

I didn't see one Mohawk in the mix so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Getting a serious annihilation vibe from the world style with all the flowers etc: -

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
I'll just leave this here: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...nting-down-sjws-in-the-post-apocalypse/73073/

Ubisoft managed to troll a bunch of people with the cover of Far Cry: New Dawn, which is the spin-off sequel to Far Cry 5. It picks up some 17 years after the events of the original Far Cry 5 ending – and they’re going with the ending where Joseph Seed was proven correct and it turned out that he was actually a prophet who predicted that the apocalypse was about to take place.

The trailer for Far Cry: New Dawn reveals that two evil black chicks known as The Twins lead a neon Antifa group to tear down the remnants of human civilization by taking, stealing, destroying, and subjugating people to their sadistic whims. It’s up to players to put down these pink-clothed punks.

You can check out the trailer below.

Thank you Ubisoft, for being inclusive to Antifa haters such as myself. I will do my best to restore peace, civilization and patriarchy.

Last edited:
the first trailer didnt "WOW" me but the far cry games have always been solid and i dont doubt this one will be either but it kind of looks whatever to me. if the bad guy from 5 is in it, it could be cool. in the few moments he was in 5 he was great

Top Bottom