• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Project CARS delayed to March 20th 2015

bombshell

Confirmed.

Press Release said:
Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 20th 2015 in Europe and Australasia.

The move positions the title away from the competitive holiday scene dominated by household names while affording the team at Slightly Mad Studios additional time to extend and polish their ground-breaking and accomplished next-gen racing experience that’s been created alongside a community of over 85,000 racing fans and real-life professional drivers.

“Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months.”

----

Original

Highly anticipated sim racer Project CARS is due to be delayed until March 2015, presumably affecting all platforms for the game including PC, PS4, Xbox One and, yes, even Wii U.

The news has been posted on the backer forum – which we don’t actually have access to – but a Reddit post on the Project CARS subreddit alludes to some ‘bad news’. That bad news, judging by the comments in the post, is that the game is being delayed until March 2015.

A couple of posters are also suggesting that a press release is being prepared to send out – and that the news of this should, for the time being, be restricted to the backer forum. Of course the internet doesn’t have a habit of staying quiet.

Update: this is apparently a screencab of the forum post in question. It references only the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of Project CARS and cites the decision to delay as being the “other big games” shipping around the same time and a desire to fix issues and polish the game some more.

project-cars.jpg

http://www.nowgamer.com/looks-like-project-cars-is-being-delayed-until-2015/

ymmv

Banned
It's a good thing nothing of interest will be published in early 2015 ... Oh boy. I think there's actually less competition in Q3/Q4 2014 compared to the flood of highly awaited games in Q1/Q 2015.

L~A

Highly anticipated sim racer Project CARS is due to be delayed until March 2015, presumably affecting all platforms for the game including PC, PS4, Xbox One and, yes, even Wii U.

Sorry Mister, but the Wii U version was already delayed ;) See? Microsoft and Sony copying Nintendo YET AGAIN.

But yeah, the "Everything was 2015" saga continues... maybe?

That being said, I don't understand how they only just realised November was really crowded. You'd think it didn't happen every year. Every. Single. Year.

liquidtmd

Banned
Everyones justifying moving their titles to March 2015 due to big titles in November when March 2015 is now full of big titles

The_Monk

With the upcoming months getting a lot of great releases, part of me is happy for cutting one more title out of the equation (it helps budgeting) specially since this will give them time to polish the game a bit more, which is always good.

March is my birthday so this can be a little something for me to grab. :) Shame I can't afford an Xbox One now, I would be all over FORZA 5 and Horizon 2 by now, love those games.

Nzyme32

If the screencap is to believed, seems pretty reasonable and pretty honest and up front about the matter. I can wait

Great decision to be honest. I would probably have picked this up after Christmas anyway as I have Driveclub which will keep me going for the winter. But this just means I'll probably buy this game day 1 when it releases next year.

Denton

As early supporter I hoped this would happen. The game is fantastic and doesn't deserve to die just because of terrible release window. And more time for polish is always good.

Doesnt surprise me. I have the team member version on steam, and its still incredibly barebones and tons of shit still doesnt work or has 'placeholder' art. Theres barely even any singleplayer experience to even speak. When i heard it was due out next month i quietly chuckled to myself while CTRL+ALT+DEL'ing to bring up task manager to kill pcars.exe after it had crashed for the umpteenth time while trying to view a replay.

ramparter

Banned
Didn't plan to buy it now anyway but I will seriously consider it depending on Wii U's port quality and price (since it's gonna be a digital release only).

Certinty

I'm ok with this if true, the game has huge potential so I would rather them take the extra time so it can fully deliver.

maxcriden

With the upcoming months getting a lot of great releases, part of me is happy for cutting one more title out of the equation (it helps budgeting) specially since this will give them time to polish the game a bit more, which is always good.

March is my birthday so this can be a little something for me to grab. :) Shame I can't afford an Xbox One now, I would be all over FORZA 5 and Horizon 2 by now, love those games.

March is my birthday too, Monk. We can have a big GAF birthday bonanza! ;)

Put it on early access!

I just got Assetto Corsa and Driveclub and really wanna justify buying a T3/500 now.

Also my bday is also march lol

Top Bottom