• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Confirmed] PS Plus April Monthly Games - Days Gone, Zombie Army 4 (PS4), Oddworld Soulstorm (PS5)

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If you dont own the game, Days Gone will pleasantly surprise you. After the rough release, it's been patched into a great game. Maybe the 2nd chance buzz will give Sony a headache to greenlit a sequel. I'd love a Syphon Filter myself, but I'd rather a Days Gone 2 than a new IP.

Can't wait for Abe. Zombie army looks a bit tasty too. Own one, and intrigued by the other two. Great month.

jaysius

Banned
This proves how fucking stupid limiting that batch of "free" "incentive" games to PS5 was, although it gives them fodder to met out again on PS Plus.

It's fucked up again that PS4 isn't getting that Oddworld game, just because we're not in the richie rich club. Nobody on PS4 is going to buy that game otherwise.

engstra

This proves how fucking stupid limiting that batch of "free" "incentive" games to PS5 was, although it gives them fodder to met out again on PS Plus.

It's fucked up again that PS4 isn't getting that Oddworld game, just because we're not in the richie rich club. Nobody on PS4 is going to buy that game otherwise.
But as a ps+ member you're still getting Oddworld.... Just pick it up now and the game will be waiting for you when/if you get the ps5

sublimit

Banned
It’s true, it’s on the Blog.

Maybe it's an April Fool's joke by Sony?
"Hey PS5 owners here grab a game that you all already own HAHAHAHA!"
ImpressiveElatedComet-size_restricted.gif

SkylineRKR

I give SIE Bend Studios credit on Days Gone, I didn’t love the characters and they have their issues but the post apocalyptic Oregon felt bigger and better (it’s not but still) than most open world games today (Elder Scrolls, Horizon etc.) taking down an entire freak horde is the best thing ever
2d0812_74cc3a6e6f954144a8278bb4a243f9ec~mv2.gif

Sawmill Horde is something else. Esp on PS5 where it seemingly never drops at all.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Will give Zombie Army 4 a try since some friends will also be playing it. ZAT was okay, but got old fast.

FunkMiller

Ps Plus Collection game gets a different release.

From this, I am taking it that a Bloodborne remake is definitely happening.

fuck off leave me alone

mejin

It's for Ps4 owners , you know the 100 million ones that dont already own the game cause they cant get a hold of a ps5 yet? You dont miss out. The pattern has been 2 ps4 games and a ps5 a month. We're getting Oddworld Soulstorm still.

Sony also gave Ratchet for everyone and the game is on the Collection. I didn't see people complaining about it. If you tell me Plus Collection should've been available to PS4 too I would agree, but it is a clear bonus to anyone who got the ps5.

Anyway, it is clear Sony is trying harder this year with the monthly games and we even are getting free games via Play at Home.

dyergram

Looking forward to soulstorm zombie army sounds like it might be fun as well. Days gone is fucking cool if you haven’t played it. I was thinking today bends next game should be a socom days gone crossover.

GeorgPrime

Banned
April's PlayStation Plus lineup.

Source (info provided by billbil-kun and verified by MyDealz)

Days Gone (PS4)
Ride and fight into a deadly, post pandemic America.

Do you have the skill – and nerve – to survive the horrors of a broken world in this massive open-world action adventure?

Step into the dirt flecked shoes of former outlaw biker Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter trying to find a reason to live in a land surrounded by death. Scavenge through abandoned settlements for equipment to craft valuable items and weapons, or take your chances with other survivors trying to eke out a living through fair trade… or more violent means.

With humanity devastated by a global pandemic and ravaged by feral creatures known as Freakers, any mistake could be your last in your attempt to carve out a new life in the hostile Pacific Northwest high-desert.

Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PS4)
Hitler’s hordes are back for more in this spine-chilling shooter from the makers of Sniper Elite 4! Abominable occult enemies, epic weapons and a harrowing new campaign for 1-4 players await in 1940s Europe, as you fight to save humankind from undead Armageddon!

The resistance have defeated Zombie Hitler and cast him into Hell – but the dead rise once again with greater hunger than before! Continue the alternate history of Zombie Army Trilogy in huge new levels, and uncover a sinister plan that takes the Survivor Brigade across Italy and beyond!

Experience genre-defining ballistics, build the slayer that suits you and harness the power of fire, lightning and divine escence as you upgrade your guns to fight back against the dead. When the horde surrounds you, tear them apart with enhanced melee combat and flesh-rending takedown moves!

Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS5)
In Oddworld: Soulstorm, you reprise the role of Abe the Mudokon, accidental hero turned leader of a growing revolution. We first met Abe in the first game of the quintology, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. Abe is a floor-waxer at Mullock the Glukkon’s RuptureFarms meat packing plant. He accidentally learns about Molluck’s plan to turn Mudokons into tasty treats. He wants to save himself, but he’s compelled him to try to save everyone. His selfless act is the spark that sets the revolution ablaze.

Soulstorm is the second game in quintology. In it, you will explore massive cinematic scale and weird and wonderful 2.9D environments filled with breathtaking visuals. 2.9D lets you venture into the world. It creates greater scale and action. Adds depth and immersion.

I wanted to buy Days Gone sone days ago :eek: glad that i waited

THEAP99

Banned
Maybe it's an April Fool's joke by Sony?
"Hey PS5 owners here grab a game that you all already own HAHAHAHA!"
ImpressiveElatedComet-size_restricted.gif
It's so stupid and it's even more stupid seeing people on here defend this. It's a new generation sony should be bolstering and giving the new gen prime focus but they're stuck on ps4. Even though, Days Gone runs terrible on ps4. Oddworld looks like a mobile game too. God I wish they'd just do free online so I don't have to waste money on this useless service.

Winter John

Bought Days Gone last year. It turned my PS4 into a fuckin hair dryer. I played it for maybe 20 minutes and the fan didn't stop. That's never happened with any other game I've had. It was so bad I thought it was going to fuck up my console.

As someone with a PS5 I agree but many people don't have one and will love to experience this game!
Days Gone
Really good for PS4 owners if this is true.

Then again, Days Gone at sub 30fps with game freezes cause your bike was too fast sucked.

I'd strongly recommend anyway considering playing this on PS4 to just wait until they have a PS5 and can play it at 60fps. It was like a whole new unfrustrating experience for me.
I heard the game had many issues at launch but I've finished the game recently and had no problem with framerate at all.

bender

What time is it?
Zombie Army worth a download?

I loved Oddworld back on the PSOne. Munch was the reason I purchased the OG Xbox. After playing the remake of Oddworld on the PS4, it kind of feels like a "time and place" game. I'm happy to try Soulstorm but I'm not expecting much.

skit_data

Zombie Army worth a download?

I loved Oddworld back on the PSOne. Munch was the reason I purchased the OG Xbox. After playing the remake of Oddworld on the PS4, it kind of feels like a "time and place" game. I'm happy to try Soulstorm but I'm not expecting much.
They have added a whole crafting and inventory system, it might be good but it sure isnt like the original Oddworld games. Right now my expectations are really low after watching a dev explain the mechanics in a IGN video, but at least its free so i will probably finish the game for old times sake unless its unbearable.

Edit:

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
They have added a whole crafting and inventory system, it might be good but it sure isnt like the original Oddworld games. Right now my expectations are really low after watching a dev explain the mechanics in a IGN video, but at least its free so i will probably finish the game for old times sake unless its unbearable.

Edit:

Crafting...

giphy.gif

SkylineRKR

I wonder if you can disable the crafting altogether. I want to get past enemies by using my wits, or the environment. Just like the original games.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Never liked Oddworld, not from the first game on PC in the late 90s, I know it's American but to me it felt like those janky euro platformers you'd see on Amiga. Just not my thing.

Already own Days Gone from the PS+ Collection.

That Zombie game looks like budget trash.

I've got nothing. NOTHING.

Cyborg

Not a great month, Oddworld is mighty fine for free. And honetly Im fine with it, I have so much great game on my PS5 that I need to finish

Mr Hyde

Solid month. Definitely checking Oddworld out. Already played Days Gone and it was very good, albeit a bit bloated, like every other open world games these days. PS Plus continues to kick ass. Glad I resubbed.

Top Bottom