• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Transformers Devastation is made by PlatinumGames

Nibel

wVDZSeZ.jpg

Overview
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.

More Information

Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth

PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system

Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock

A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay

Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

Source (BestBuy.ca)

Shout-outs to fellow Gaffer Jashobeam for finding this

Screenshots

Just the fact that it is G1, Cell-shaded got me pumped.

The fact that a decent developer is behind it makes me even happier.

I'm gonna be Wheeljack.

Kriken

hades.gif

Edit: Put this on the wall of shame if it ends up good, but full price Activision licensed games don't always inspire confidence

HORRORSHØW

More Information

• Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
  • PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
  • Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
  • A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
  • Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

Weird for them to be hyping this up for an entire week.
Unless there's another game, but that's doubtful.
I'll keep my eye on it, I guess. Don't like Transformers but PG is usually pretty great outside of Korra

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Neat.
Can't wait for the reviews to call it a piece of crap because they didn't bother to learn how to play it.

mp1990

Banned
Great way of crushing my dreams of having MGR2 :(
At least it will be full retail and will have more budget, probably won't be as bad as that Korra game, and thats something i guess ? So many cool franchises to choose and they are doing a fuckin Transformers game :(((

High Moon Studios' Transformers games under Activision were actually pretty good, both Fall of Cybertron and War For Cybertron.

My concern is that this might be the result of the other side of Activision, the penny pinching side that squeezes small studios to produce low budget licensed tie-ins like Fast and Furious: Showdown, rather than the Activision which gives us big blockbuster games like Skylanders and CoD.

Given Platinum wrapped up Legend of Korra last year, I can't see this having much development time.

Also I don't necessarily think this is the game Platinum were teasing, now that they have Bayonetta 2 out the door they have more resources freed up compared to this time last year. This game is probably being made to help pay the bills.

Noooooooooooooooooooo..... :(

Very disappointed in this news. Was really hype for the platinum announcement but not a transformers fan. Probably won't be getting this.

There you go.

This seems to have enough variety by just seeing the amount of difficulty modes and playable characters, so hype!

Top Bottom