• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED: USA Gamestop PS3 pre-orders start today (10/10).

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
ORANGUTAN said:
what do you think you're going to accomplish by cussing me out?

do you think i care?

i'm one of tens of thousands who are going to be doing the same thing.

why blame us? blame Sony for launching with a ridiculous 400,000 units.

with that said, all of you people here should have an advantage over the rest... this being your hobby. if you can't get one around launch, it's your fault. if people like me can get 3 or 4, why can't you get 1? put some effort into it

You have my pity.

The employees at my local gamestop proudly declared without any real prodding they plan on buying as many PS3's as they can and selling them on Ebay.

I guess I would care if I wanted a Ps3 right now but even if they were readily available I still would wait for a price drop.

newsguy

This thread got derailed with the ebay talk. Bottom line, as long as there are assholes willing to pay 2-3 x the price, there will be assholes willing to sell them.

Now, the other thread with the AVS info said mon. or tues. for this one day thing, so it sounds like this information is coming from quite a few different sources. I called my local EB this morning and when I asked "is the PS3 SKU in the computers yet?" he answered, "no, we aren't taking PS3 pre-orders YET." Sounds like we're getting close to that day.

keeblerdrow said:
I can confirm this absolutely. $100 down, one pre-order per household company-wide, and a reservation isn't absolute. When it comes time to ship the units, pre-order with the most tie-in pre-orders will take priority. Pre-orders start 10/10 at store opening.
**** that shit, the only way I would consider giving that hellhole my money is if they would guarantee me a system on day 1 w/o any of this "most tie-in pre-orders take priority" bullshit.

Dorfdad said:
No preorders this week confirmed from Internal Memo from EB in Philadelphia this afternoon. On a side note EB/Gamestrop employess are allowed to buy 2 of the store pre-orders when the time comes probably next week. so if they are getting 16 make that 14

Also EB/Gamestop are getting the MOST allicated units so 16 per store is SAD expect Walmarts and the like to get like 10 each store...

Man this is hopeless..

EB in West Chester, PA (the old headquarters) has been almost completely shut down. AFAIK, I don't think any memos are coming out of those offices anymore. It's all Gamestop corporate communications at this point.

tmaynard

I just called my ebgames, and the guy I spoke with said that the manager was in a conference call right now. He said it's highly likely that the reason she is in a conference is to announce the preorders tomorrow.

I'm calling back at 5 when the conference ends and I'll post with what I hear.

*fingers crossed*

Wollan

It's definitely happening. Get your dollars ready, tomorrow is your chance. Check your car tires and gas. Place the shoes, jacket and wallet filled with cash next to the door. 2 alarm clocks. Gogo!

newsguy

Wollan said:
It's definitely happening. Get your dollars ready, tomorrow is your chance. Check your car tires and gas, place the shoes, jacket and wallet filled with cash next to the door, 2 alarm clocks. Gogo!

This post needs that picture you drew right underneath it. NOW

So it seems it happening, but what about this person with the most pre-orders gets priorty thing. Only one person has talked about that, is this confirmed as well.

Stench

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
So it seems it happening, but what about this person with the most pre-orders gets priorty thing. Only one person has talked about that, is this confirmed as well.
I really, really hope this isn't the case.

Between the difficulty in getting a PS3 and the less-than-stellar offerings so far on BluRay, I am getting very pessimistic about getting a PS3. Time like this, it sucks to live in a big city, where shortages on launch stuff is the norm.

Still, I'll pre-order and the worst thing that happens is I get one and decide I don't want it after all.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
MiamiWesker said:
I don't know why they wouldn't just force bundles, it's leaving money on the table.

.hacked

ksinghsf said:
Awesome if true. Is there any validity to that rumor that you have to trade-in $X worth of games to preorder?

Not sure, I am paying them both off in trade in credit anyway. GS doesn't want me trading in any more of my old crap :lol

Wollan

shanekaz.gif

'There's no way you guys are getting your pre-orders before me.'

reTedcopy.jpg

Wait - pre-orders are company wide? It was my understanding that if I pre-ordered something at one EB/GS that another store in the same area wouldn't have any idea about it.

In addition, does this include EB/GS.com pre-orders? So if I pre-order locally, I can't order one from their website?

What time does GS/EB usually open?

I'm assuming they're not going to bother calling the people who's names they took down for pre-order info? That would make too much sense.

One local GS manager just told me they'd take the first 16 or so pre-orders when they open tomorrow morning.

BS? Any other reports?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My Gamestop here confirmed they are taking reserves tomorrow. The details:

1. $100 down
2. There are no preorder limitiations. You do NOT have to worry about preordering anything else and will not be replaced in line by someone who preorders more.
3. They are expecting 8 units TOTAL. No word on which version. That number may increase or decrease.

newsguy

DenogginizerOS said:
My Gamestop here confirmed they are taking reserves tomorrow. The details:

1. $100 down
2. There are no preorder limitiations. You do NOT have to worry about preordering anything else and will not be replaced in line by someone who preorders more.
3. They are expecting 8 units TOTAL. No word on which version. That number may increase or decrease.

I believe this information. Calling EB now.

Ignatz Mouse said:
One local GS manager just told me they'd take the first 16 or so pre-orders when they open tomorrow morning.

BS? Any other reports?

Oh god no, the reason I would do this is so i can avoid doing overnight line waiting.

At least it's warmer now than it will be launch day!

I'm not queuing overnight. I'll swing by tomorrow AM and if there isn't a huge line, I'll take a couple of hours off work. Odds of there not being a long line = teensy.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Ignatz Mouse said:
I do too-- but what good does that do me if they all use up their proe-orders upon opening?

We'll have to wait until tomorrow and find out...

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
One of the stores I called earlier is now confirming that pre-orders start tomorrow, $100 down, system must be picked up within 24hrs. It's a small store and they haven't told many people(he claims) so let's see they open at 10 tomorrow, so I'll probably swing by around 9:15 and see what's up, then check in a bit later til I see some people hanging around.

DarienA said:
One of the stores I called earlier is now confirming that pre-orders start tomorrow, $100 down, system must be picked up within 24hrs. It's a small store and they haven't told many people(he claims) so let's see they open at 10 tomorrow, so I'll probably swing by around 9:15 and see what's up, then check in a bit later til I see some people hanging around.
Till you see some people hanging around? What the f*ck is in your head, dude?! By that time it would be too late. The people you see "hanging" around will be disappointed gamers who got there late after the first two people got the only pre-orders.

That's right, the FIRST TWO. There won't be more than three consoles at these small shops.

Top Bottom