• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED: USA Gamestop PS3 pre-orders start today (10/10).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmmm....dammit, now the temptation is in. I figured by now, if you wanted one, you'd be shit out of lucky. Now.... :(

**** it, I'll give it a chance, see what happens tomorrow.

Nester

Wollan said:
Rileq1 has updated, here is his employee mail:

Your assigned allocation for the PS3 is x units TOTAL between the 2 system choices. You are only allowed to reserve x units TOTAL of PS3. No more than 2 of these systems can be set aside to be purchased by store employees.

Anyone know if you'll be able to specify which you'll be preordering? I don't want to put $100 down for a "PS3" and then get screwed into getting a Core pack if they run out of Premiums before I can get down to the store to pick mine up.

Well the guy at my local EB confirmed it and when I asked if there had been a lot of calls about it he said yeah. Damn I hate getting up early and waiting.

SpeedRazor said:
Anyone know if you'll be able to specify which you'll be preordering? I don't want to put $100 down for a "PS3" and then get screwed into getting a Core pack if they run out of Premiums before I can get down to the store to pick mine up.

id imagine the cores will run out before the premiums even if they were split 50/50. the core is much better of a deal now that hdmi is included

All pre-orders for game systems have become jokes. Word "pre-orders" has lost its meaning. Most of the time it's pre-order for retailers' employees. For rest of us, it should have been called "pre-order lottery".

sinseers

Just dropped 50 bucks for my PS3. It's nice to have friends in the biz. The Wii pre-order starts tomorrow too. Happy huntin.....

PS: OObay here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wollan

MiamiWesker said:
Under NO circumstances are reservation "places in line" to be held for customers.

What does that mean.

I think it means that if the store has 8 available pre-orders and you was #3 getting one, nothings stopping #7 to pick his up before you on launch day.

MiamiWesker said:
Under NO circumstances are reservation "places in line" to be held for customers.

What does that mean.

If you don't show up to pick up your pre order and someone else picks up there's they get it even if they pre ordered after you. So its basically a first come first serve system for pre orders.

Gigglepoo

Wollan said:
I think it means that if the store has 8 available pre-orders and you was #3 getting one, nothings stopping #7 to pick his up before you on launch day.

But if they have 8 preorders this means the top 8 people will get a system, right? Right?

Stupid system launches...

sinseers

Chris_C said:
So can you call to reserve or do you have to physically be there? (never done this).

You have to be there. I already asked my connection. That's what made me drop for my pre-order today to avoid the pandemonium.

SolidSnakex said:
If you don't show up to pick up your pre order and someone else picks up there's they get it even if they pre ordered after you. So its basically a first come first serve system for pre orders.

Good luck to all those who wants to get it at launch. I'll see you guys online in some game lobby 3-4 months after PS3 launch. :D

MiamiWesker said:

What does that mean.

it means that if an employee knows you he cant hold a reservation until you come in to preorder it. if they have 16 they have to give them to the first 14 people who want them. so get your ass there early even if you know the manager

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
MirageDwarf said:
All pre-orders for game systems have become jokes. Word "pre-orders" has lost its meaning. Most of the time it's pre-order for retailers' employers. For rest of us, it's should have been called "pre-order lottery".

One of the perks for getting paid jack s*$! and being forced to lie and say that Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire is Game Of The Year material. Everytime you say that a bad game is good, god lets another Nazi out of hell to wreak havoc on the populous.

Gigglepoo

Wait, is it possible to call stores to reserve? I mean, with a credit card it should be feasible... but I've never tried. I hope so because I work until 5pm.

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
Gigglepoo said:
Wait, is it possible to call stores to reserve? I mean, with a credit card it should be feasible... but I've never tried. I hope so because I work until 5pm.

No, be late to work if you're so deadset on getting one.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Unison said:
NYC Gamestops seem to know nothing. They are probably lying. :lol

I bet no one in the city will get a system from one of those stores unless they have an in with an employee.

haha I called a couple of NYC gamestops and got the "We have no clue" line.

Ughghhhgyugh.

Gigglepoo

Rabid Pancake said:
No, be late to work if you're so deadset on getting one.

Hmmm.... I can be late whenever I want... but EB doesn't open until 10am and I have to be at work 90 minutes beforehand. I wonder what I'll do. I don't need a PS3 at launch but it sure would be cool to have one.

Gigglepoo said:
Hmmm.... I can be late whenever I want... but EB doesn't open until 10am and I have to be at work 90 minutes beforehand. I wonder what I'll do. I don't need a PS3 at launch but it sure would be cool to have one.

ummmm early lunch?

oBa

truffleshuffle83 said:
it means that if an employee knows you he cant hold a reservation until you come in to preorder it. if they have 16 they have to give them to the first 14 people who want them. so get your ass there early even if you know the manager

Thats how I interpret it too. Basically there is no "dont worry you are a good customer, I will take care of you" type of routine going on.

If its the other method of selling your #3 confirmed pre order on launch day to person number #136 because you werent there at 5am, thats going to be total b.s.

Unison

Matrix said:
haha I called a couple of NYC gamestops and got the "We have no clue" line.

Ughghhhgyugh.

Yeah... I am tempted to go wait outside one in the morning, but there's a good chance they'll just lie to me when they open and tell me there are no pre-orders. :/

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Go ahead and wait, like everyone did for this AM only to be told sorry no pre-orders like the gamestop people said. Here in PA they are not taking pre-orders on tuesday..

Eh...I'm off work tomorrow, may as well give it a shot. None of the launch titles really interest me. But if the backwards compatibility makes PS2 games look a lot better on an HDTV it'll be worth keeping. If not I can sell it on eBay and pick one up later when the the awesome games start coming.

oBa said:
Thats how I interpret it too. Basically there is no "dont worry you are a good customer, I will take care of you" type of routine going on.

If its the other method of selling your #3 confirmed pre order on launch day to person number #136 because you werent there at 5am, thats going to be total b.s.

yeah thats not how its gonna be. i picked my 360 up later in theday and it was fine. all theyre saying is they cant hold spots for people

chaostrophy said:
Eh...I'm off work tomorrow, may as well give it a shot. None of the launch titles really interest me. But if the backwards compatibility makes PS2 games look a lot better on an HDTV it'll be worth keeping. If not I can sell it on eBay and pick one up later when the the awesome games start coming.

exactly, if you dont like it you could always sell it and have enough money for a ton of games and a system

Wollan said:
Most likely yes. Unless the PS3s get stolen or anything. ;)

I remember when the 360 was launching, I got told by certain shady people that I can pick one up for $500 cash, this was like 4 days before launch.

Yeah in Miami that is going to be a given.

FtsH said:
just came back from Gamestop, yes they are doing it tomorrow, 10:00am. They will have about 8 PS3s.

I will be there at about 9:15.........:D
Wow. My friend and I are going at 6 AM or whenever the mall opens. 1st in line, baby. No ****-ups.

Zepking said:
Yes confirmed..

100 for PS3 50 for Wii

Gosh. What is a girl to do?! Nobody "KNOWS" of PS3/Wii orders where I live. Im just gonna have to go over there and......something. I need Zelda!

Dante

Mr. Spinnington said:
Wow. My friend and I are going at 6 AM or whenever the mall opens. 1st in line, baby. No ****-ups.

Seems like they are overbooking pre orders again, so the only camp out that matters mights still be the 16th.

truffleshuffle83 said:
exactly, if you dont like it you could always sell it and have enough money for a ton of games and a system

Yep. I think buying a console just to resell it on eBay is kind of an assholish thing to do, I wouldn't do it myself. It's just that FFXII is my most highly anticipated game of all time and I don't want to miss out on a way to make it look as amazing as possible.

sinseers

kiryogi said:
Eh, 50 for each? But the recent memo has said its 100 for PS3.

I got back in touch with my connect and you guys are right. 50 for Wii and 100 for PS3. He's got me covered for the other 50. Sorry for jumpin too early. This news had a rush on it when I got it. So bring 150 with ya.

Top Bottom