• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker available for use in Project Spark

Arcanine55

Neo Member
I hope that the game will allow us to import our custom models, like Garry's mod, a ConkerxBanjo fan game will be cool. I'm pretty excited for this one.

I just like... don't see why they chose Conker of all characters. He's a parody of N64 mascot platformers, he seems completely irrelevant in this game. ANY other character would have made more sense. Banjo, J. Dark, fucking Mr. Pants... The whole point of Conker is to be an N64 mascot living in a fucked up world, how is this (More than likely) E or T rated game supposed to convey that? I dunno, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Wondering how many people actually expected a new Conker game let alone a GOOD one. Live and Reloaded took everything that was good in the original and shit all over it(the language was censored more than on a Nintendo console....how? and the multiplayer, one of the best things I might add, was gutted in favor of something no one wanted). Rare literally hasn't made jack worth mentioning since they were bought out, 2 remakes that were the opposite of what fans wanted done with remakes, and a Banjo game that last I checked was complete garbage compared to the first 2.

Rare was what made those games what they were and it was obvious they lost who they were the moment they joined up with Microsoft. No other company could have made a new Conker(or Perfect Dark/Banjo for that matter) that would even half of what the original was, it was all Rare and who they used to be.

Salty Hippo

I for one am shocked and amazed

Microsoft obviously haven't watched his BFD playthrough lol. But yeah, it was unmistakenly him.

Yup, me too, that's why I didn't belive it at first.

Can anyone link me to the actual tweet of him confirming, though? I can't seem to find it. I think I'm still blind with madness.

MCD

4xhvXwV.jpg

https://twitter.com/conkerhimself

MLCodest

I think they're reintroducing the character for a new game soon (hopefully at least). I don't see the point of just randomly adding him into Project Spark, especially if he's the only one.

SegaShack

Wondering how many people actually expected a new Conker game let alone a GOOD one. Live and Reloaded took everything that was good in the original and shit all over it(the language was censored more than on a Nintendo console....how? and the multiplayer, one of the best things I might add, was gutted in favor of something no one wanted). Rare literally hasn't made jack worth mentioning since they were bought out, 2 remakes that were the opposite of what fans wanted done with remakes, and a Banjo game that last I checked was complete garbage compared to the first 2.

Rare was what made those games what they were and it was obvious they lost who they were the moment they joined up with Microsoft. No other company could have made a new Conker(or Perfect Dark/Banjo for that matter) that would even half of what the original was, it was all Rare.

Censorship and facial animations aside, the campaign in Live and Reloaded plays just as great as the N64 game.

PG2G

I just like... don't see why they chose Conker of all characters. He's a parody of N64 mascot platformers, he seems completely irrelevant in this game. ANY other character would have made more sense. Banjo, J. Dark, fucking Mr. Pants... The whole point of Conker is to be an N64 mascot living in a fucked up world, how is this (More than likely) E or T rated game supposed to convey that? I dunno, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Because a Conker game is coming?

That tweet from Rare is interesting.

"Show us yours....first"

Yeah, I have almost no doubt that it won't end with Project Spark. Now we know that Conker.com has been renewed for a reason, and I don't think that its inclusion in Project Spark alone warrants such a move. The website still isn't up, after all.

LTWheels

Yup, me too, that's why I didn't belive it at first.

Can anyone link me to the actual tweet of him confirming, though? I can't seem to find it. I think I'm still blind with madness.

@Henry_Sterchi
@conkerhimself We were honored to have you reprise the role!!! Great to see #Conker in the spotlight again! @proj_spark

How do you put an M rated character in a game essentially designed for kids? If you can't make him swear, fart and make crude comments, I want nothing to do with it.

Nvzman

I'm actually amazed that Chris Seavor willingly gave his voice to that, considering it's related to Microsoft.
Actually now my interest towards this game just rose.
How do you put an M rated character in a game essentially designed for kids? If you can't make him swear, fart and make crude comments, I want nothing to do with it.
Well, Conker himself isn't a very adult character (aside from the drinking). It's just the world around him that is so mature. He could definitely work.

DryvBy

I'm actually amazed that Chris Seavor willingly gave his voice to that, considering it's related to Microsoft.
Actually now my interest towards this game just rose.

Well, Conker himself isn't a very adult character (aside from the drinking). It's just the world around him that is so mature. He could definitely work.

This. If anyone knows this guy, he really hates MS. Or used to... /conspiracy

I'll see how it turns out, but I'm not optimistic. I almost put my fist through my computer screen when I saw what they were doing with Conker, though. If this leads into a new Conker game by Seavor, I'm happy.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Crayolan

Spencer just said "A fan on twitter told me to release the assets of Conker for players to create with in Project Spark, that's where got the idea"

Well it's good to know this doesn't mean anything. Microsoft just doesn't realize what they did by making Conker use that exact wording.

They could've easily said "you can even use your favorite microsoft characters!" and then shown a line with master chief, conker, banjo, etc (I know it doesnt actually have master chief or banjo, but you get the idea). People would still be disappointed, but it wouldn't be interpreted as a "fuck you rare fans make your own damn game."

Salty Hippo

Well it's good to know this doesn't mean anything. Microsoft just doesn't realize what they did by making Conker use that exact wording.

They could've easily said "you can even use your favorite microsoft characters!" and then shown a line with master chief, conker, banjo, etc (I know it doesnt actually have master chief or banjo, but you get the idea). People would still be disappointed, but it wouldn't be interpreted as a "fuck you rare fans make your own damn game."

Yes, that would be fine. But no, they go and show it in the end of the trailer as if it was supposed to be a fucking megaton, with the chainsaw, with those lines... ugh.

Silvawuff

I didn't really pick up the "f-you" tonality with Conker's inclusion. Was it introduced in a hamfisted way? Yeah, totally.

Conker getting the short end of the stick is nothing new. I remember being really hyped for Twelve Tales: Conker's Quest and that was cancelled to be reborn as Bad Fur Day -- which wasn't entirely bad, but back then it felt like an awful bait-and-switch to me to introduce this cute game akin to Banjo-Kazooie, and then rehash the character into something completely different.

-MD-

It really ruined my day.

Conker would have been the reveal of the show for me for sure if it had been a real game.

If Seavor was willing to do this for MS then I think the possibility for a new true Conker game is very good.

Yeah chances are decent we can see a real Conker game on XB1. It's really cool Seavor returned to do the voice, as much as he seems to hate some of the folks at MS I didn't think he would ever return to the character.

Zephyrus

Banned
you know, this could be an experiment to test waters for a new conker.

If people buy Spark and Conker gets a lot of use, you can bet your ass that Microsoft will make a new one.

Top Bottom